Ex-NFL running back John Harvey admit...

Ex-NFL running back John Harvey admits raping 12-year-old Spring Valley girl

There are 14 comments on the Journal News story from Jul 29, 2008, titled Ex-NFL running back John Harvey admits raping 12-year-old Spring Valley girl. In it, Journal News reports that:

A former NFL running back admitted yesterday that he raped a 12-year-old Spring Valley girl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal News.

hammer01

Brazil

#1 Jul 29, 2008
I grew up with John Harvey, he is a couple of years older than me but, the first thing I said was this is a setup. But, you never know what goes on in the mind of men. I hope that when he goes to prison he takes a long look inside himself and gets right. Too many soldiers are committing stupid acts and finding themselves in situations where there time is being cut short. Good luck Harv.
Derek White

Beverly, MA

#3 Sep 5, 2008
I also grew up with chopper that's what we used to call him and even went to school with him. It's real upsetting to see this brother go down for some dumb shit. You figure being in the NFL women wouldn't be a problem to get. All this tells me that Harvey has a deeper problem to deal with. I was proud when he made it out the hood. He should have never came back to it.
Willie Holloway

Seattle, WA

#4 Sep 7, 2008
I have known John all my life he went to spring valley high and i went to Ramapo and as far as football goes John was second to none,I was proud that he made it to the NFL,but all of this other stuff( drugs,possible rape) i am very disappointed words can`t explain my disappointment. I work at a facility in washington state for sex offenders and once you become one your life will never be the same. may god bless John and that 12 yr old girl.
Kandee Kumm

El Paso, TX

#7 Sep 26, 2008
Nidge!
ANDREW BOOTH

Tucker, GA

#8 Oct 8, 2008
its a DAM SHAME
Danyell Johnson

Niceville, FL

#9 Feb 11, 2009
I also knew him but when we went to kakiat we used to call him "CHOP" and yeah he was probabably the best running back that ever came out of spring valley! his cut back ability and reversing his field when in a jam was incredible
hed had a mixture of speed and power and shiftyness which is why Tampa Bay drafted him.
When he was at SV he ran all over Clarkstown south and north rockland 2 of the toughest teams to play against in the 80s!

I Was on the team with him at kakiat middle school and he was a happy go lucky kid back then!

i was shocked to even hear about this i`m sure his moms and sister are really hurt by this!
Ramapo ALL WORLD

Concord, NC

#10 Aug 18, 2009
Life is tough and John really got caught up with the wrong things. I pray for the girl and her family. John has always been a friend although we are from different sides of town. We both had great high school football years.He was blessed to take his to another level(NFL). The fast life really is not all that great. My prayers go out to the victim and Harvey.
maevirtis mcghee

Avon, IN

#11 Aug 29, 2009
I also grew up with john. i'm very sad this took place. john was a cool guy to no growing up in spring valley he knew what foot ball was all about and didn't mind showing off is talent. he always kept a smile exsplaining his happiness. may god bless this family and and strenghten this child on her journey. i love you john but god loves you more.
merton wheeler

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Jun 6, 2010
at spring valley chops had his own play called the harvey special.his buck teeth was his trade mark.always smiling.became the pride of spring valley when he went to nfl.but if you know spring valley. wants you make it out. stay out. lawrence taylor was just arrested for sexually assaulting a 15 year old in this same area. see the trend?
Petey

Stony Brook, NY

#13 Mar 8, 2011
Jigs, go figure.
cdagoat

United States

#14 Feb 25, 2012
Damn I'm way younger than Harvey but remember playing tecmo bowl for nes and he was a buccaneer. I lived in spring valley for a few years and played basketball with him. Smh he did this
Omg

United States

#15 Feb 26, 2012
Figures
Michael Swann

Buffalo, MN

#16 Aug 7, 2012
Derek White wrote:
I also grew up with chopper that's what we used to call him and even went to school with him. It's real upsetting to see this brother go down for some dumb shit. You figure being in the NFL women wouldn't be a problem to get. All this tells me that Harvey has a deeper problem to deal with. I was proud when he made it out the hood. He should have never came back to it.
Whats your email address
Jennifer

Newark, NJ

#17 Apr 11, 2016
Wow!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suffern Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ANP Transcriptions in Suffern -- non-payment pr... (Oct '09) May 21 Anpdud 58
News Gregg Brie released without bail on charges of ... (Jul '08) May 11 released 103
make it to mothers (Jul '10) May 6 Kar 136
the red rail (Nov '08) May 1 dingaling 33
News Megalith plans 150-unit Dumbo rental - " with p... (Feb '14) Apr 27 aadrivers 10
Anyone know a good pain management doctor in ro... (Apr '11) Apr '16 Hurtperson 16
News Dow dips below 10,000, then bounces back (May '10) Apr '16 UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Suffern Mortgages