make it to mothers
laura

Hampton Bays, NY

#84 Nov 9, 2013
Hash wrote:
Billy, Bogada was our band, we played in both rooms in Mothers Greenwood Lake, for 3-4 yrs right up to the end, I don't remember you guys. I did see you and we also played at the Joker too. What bands were there when you guys were and what room did you play and for how long?
Hash keyboard player of Bogada
hey hash are you still playing we have some good memories from those days
Rich Lew

Upland, CA

#85 Nov 12, 2013
I posted a picture of Mothers club a day or two after the fire in 1974,it's on my Facebook page Rich Lew im in So.Pasadena Ca. now and my page is public,feel free to friend me if u went to mothers like me and u miss those days!!!
jerzeegurl

Mesa, AZ

#87 Feb 11, 2014
ddd wrote:
Boathouse, Long Pond Inn, Yellow Submarine, Mothers, Silver Fox, LePussycat, Sterling, T G's
The atmosphere in that area in the day was something that had to be experienced, but if you were there you know what I mean.
I loved going to the "Lake". We would start at the High Spot and make our way around the lake. We mostly went to Mother's, Castle Tavern, Long Pond and the Yellow Submarine which was at one time called Kilties. What an era to grow up in, so lucky to be a part of this experience.
mb Hackensack

Easton, PA

#88 Feb 12, 2014
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Laura This Is Ralph The Drummer From Centaur I remember you and hope all is well. Yes We Did Have Some Good Times At Mothers. The People Where Great Lots Of Fun.
Ralph, you might remember me, I hung with Patti & Debbie
mb Hackensack

Northampton, PA

#89 Feb 13, 2014
I can't believe I found this forum - From the day I turned 18 - I started going to Mothers with Debbie and Patty - the memories I have! The best 3 years of my life... I can't remember all the people, but Centaur was the band we loved best! Hope they are still playing music after all these years!
Rich Lew

Upland, CA

#90 Feb 13, 2014
mb Hackensack wrote:
I can't believe I found this forum - From the day I turned 18 - I started going to Mothers with Debbie and Patty - the memories I have! The best 3 years of my life... I can't remember all the people, but Centaur was the band we loved best! Hope they are still playing music after all these years!
Im hear u mb,started going to Long pond inn than Mothers at 18 with my 3 friends and never missed a weekend for 3 years,best times of my life too,we knew so many ppl,i have pictures of Mothers day after fire on my facebook,i bet if u had pics of u and your friends we might remember seeing each other,myself and my 3 friends were very well known !
mb Hackensack

Northampton, PA

#91 Feb 14, 2014
Rich Lew wrote:
<quoted text> Im hear u mb,started going to Long pond inn than Mothers at 18 with my 3 friends and never missed a weekend for 3 years,best times of my life too,we knew so many ppl,i have pictures of Mothers day after fire on my facebook,i bet if u had pics of u and your friends we might remember seeing each other,myself and my 3 friends were very well known !
Someplace in a box buried in my basement, there might be pix. Such a long time ago...
Rich Lew

Upland, CA

#92 Feb 15, 2014
Lots of us that went to Mothers in 69 70 and 71 were there every fri and sat for 3 years so many knew each others faces but sometimes not names,im still hoping someone can help me track down some of these ppl,Bonnie from Caldwell nj small blonde girl that sat on the jupebox in upper room many nites,Sue from Newark nj,worked at Newark courthouse and went with her 2 gfs,Mike from Clifton best known for his handlebar moustache and 63 chevy,and anyone that went to orange room b 4 hitting Mothers,barkeep Bill Lang and Fred,omg I loved Long pond,Night Owl,Orange room,Mothers so much,,even when I visit the Greenwood lake on vacation from SoCalifornia where I live now every summer I hit the bars at night just to remember how great it was,and playing music from the Doors,Chicago,Santana,Who,Ston es,wow
mb Hackensack

Northampton, PA

#94 Mar 17, 2014
Guess not many of us who were there, are nostalgic and searched out Mothers...
More than a lifetime ago...but the memories are still with me. Rich, guess I hung with a different crew, but the memories will never fade.
Rich Lew

Upland, CA

#95 Mar 17, 2014
mb Hackensack wrote:
Guess not many of us who were there, are nostalgic and searched out Mothers...
More than a lifetime ago...but the memories are still with me. Rich, guess I hung with a different crew, but the memories will never fade.
Yes me too,i love going back in my mind and seeing myself on the dance floor,or standing near the bar listening to the music,smelling the great mountain air of the lake,i think that a lot of people that went there would respond to this site if they knew about it,i just wish I could meet others that were there every weekend like me,sit down and talk about those days,even meet at a bar up at the lake,sort of a reunion,omg I miss those days so much,wish I could someway turn the clock back,wish we had cellphone cams back than.
Pat Frangione

Westfield, NJ

#96 Apr 8, 2014
I am Pat the Bass player of Bogada. I played along with:
Hash on Keyboards
Don on Guitar
Steve Vocals & Conga Drum
& Mike (Moe) The Drummer.
And don't forget Mr. DaCosta the bands Manager
Those were the days. We played between 1970 and 1973. We met a lot of great people and played with some other great musicians. We played in The Junk Room and The Orphans played in the Disco room. Mike had a video put onto YouTube last year but for some reason I can't find it any more.
I hope a lot of people got a chance to see it. It brought back some of the best memories of my life.
I still have the Make It To Mothers Bumper stickers
Pat Frangione

Westfield, NJ

#97 Apr 8, 2014
I remember Ralph the drummer from Centaur. I think the bass player's name was Louie. Everyone would scream for Ralph to break his sticks after his drum solo.
WOW! Great memories. Bogada would open the night in the junk room at 9:00pm play for an hour and then Centaur would alternate with us until 3:00am.
Pat Frangione

Westfield, NJ

#98 Apr 8, 2014
laura wrote:
<quoted text> hey hash are you still playing we have some good memories from those days
Laura, Hash past away in May of 2012 of a stroke. He was still playing until his death. Hash was my best friend since I first moved to Bergenfield NJ in 1967. Hash was originally from Tenefly, NJ. Many people miss him. He was a great human being.

Pat Bass player of BOGADA
Rich Lew

Upland, CA

#99 Apr 8, 2014
Pat Frangione wrote:
I am Pat the Bass player of Bogada. I played along with:
Hash on Keyboards
Don on Guitar
Steve Vocals & Conga Drum
& Mike (Moe) The Drummer.
And don't forget Mr. DaCosta the bands Manager
Those were the days. We played between 1970 and 1973. We met a lot of great people and played with some other great musicians. We played in The Junk Room and The Orphans played in the Disco room. Mike had a video put onto YouTube last year but for some reason I can't find it any more.
I hope a lot of people got a chance to see it. It brought back some of the best memories of my life.
I still have the Make It To Mothers Bumper stickers
Hi Pat u must know how much I loved Mother's from all my posts,i have one Mother's button I treat like a gold ring and not long ago I went up to the lake looking for anything related to Mother's from 1970,would u be willing to sell one bumper sticker,im been trying on craigslist for years,i would love to meet you and anyone from the band on my next trip to NJ,
mb Hackensack

Easton, PA

#100 Apr 9, 2014
Pat Frangione wrote:
I remember Ralph the drummer from Centaur. I think the bass player's name was Louie. Everyone would scream for Ralph to break his sticks after his drum solo.
WOW! Great memories. Bogada would open the night in the junk room at 9:00pm play for an hour and then Centaur would alternate with us until 3:00am.
My two friends went from listening to Centaur and then when they took a break switched rooms and listen to Bogada. We would hand by the pinball machines inbetween.
Rich Lew

Upland, CA

#101 Apr 9, 2014
Just got a e mail from the owner of Harper's Orange room,Joe owned the bar not far from Mothers in Greenwood lake,lots of ppl stopped at the Orange room before hitting Mothers to have a few drinks,it was a great place to start off your night,i remember starting drinking at the Orange room,than Long pond inn,than Mothers even the Nite Owl[I got hungry] all in one nite.yes in those days I had over ten drinks and still drove home.
laura

Bergenfield, NJ

#102 May 5, 2014
Pat Frangione wrote:
<quoted text>Laura, Hash past away in May of 2012 of a stroke. He was still playing until his death. Hash was my best friend since I first moved to Bergenfield NJ in 1967. Hash was originally from Tenefly, NJ. Many people miss him. He was a great human being.
Pat Bass player of BOGADA
Hi Pat I remember all the good times at Mothers. I will always remember Hash and now he playing for the angels. BTY I was at the enerson hotel a few years back and Mr Decorso was there. Hash said that me and my friend robin were groupies lol
phil f

Carmel, NY

#104 Jul 3, 2014
wow great stuff! my band did essentially a 6-month run in the big room at mother's, i'm guessing sometime during the '68-70 time frame. we were called the lemon sandwich (yeah terrible name). we often played opposite a band called heliotrope (doug & ray). prior to that we had a shorter run at the pussycat. another band (apollon) played frequently at a club called woodstock (formerly the long pond inn) and also at tg's. i'm thinking that was '71-72.

mike leone, the name "ashley blue" rings a bell. have a vague recollection of you guys. also "filet of soul". didn't you guys play the middle room? remember "headliners" like johnny maestro & the shirelles - groups like that - headlining on occasion. incredible times.
Rich Lew

Upland, CA

#105 Jul 3, 2014
As u know from my posts im trying to stay in touch with everyone that went to Mothers in Greenwood lake,well recently got email from one of the sons of the 3 owners and he sent me photos of Mothers outside and in side with poster of up coming show from 1970,can't thank him enough,ill post them on my FB page and group!!
Louise

Westfield, NJ

#106 Jul 21, 2014
andy mazzola wrote:
we played at mothers from 1969 to 1971 tusk was our band our manager was adam macagna
My girl friends and I went to Mother's every weekend back then. Loved your band Tusk. We became friends with you and the others in your band. We used to visit you all in Bklyn and some of you would visit us down the shiore in the summer. Hope you all stayed friends and are doing well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suffern Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gregg Brie released without bail on charges of ... (Jul '08) Wed jshaun44 75
Anyone know a good pain management doctor in ro... (Apr '11) Jun '15 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 11
News Hasidic Candidate Loses in New York Statewide Race (Sep '14) Jun '15 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
GWL Superintendent/school board moving 1st grad... Jun '15 JohnQPublic63 1
News Summit to combat religious tension held in Suffern May '15 GJP 1
When artists become con artist. (Dec '14) Mar '15 Crazyassedworld 29
Nightclubs of the 70's (May '12) Mar '15 dan wardrope 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Suffern Mortgages