mike

Cornwall On Hudson, NY

#21 Sep 12, 2011
Al G wrote:
Hey Mike, I remember seeing Carlos Santana there, probably 1969! I've thought for years that it was indeed him. What do you remember? mineral@ptd.net Al<quoted text>
Had to be 1970 as I did not have a car in 69
RICH LEW

Palmdale, CA

#22 Sep 13, 2011
AS A REG.DRINKER AT THE ORANGE ROOM AND MOTHERS,ANYONE REMEMBER JOE THE OWNER OF THE ORANGE ROOM,OR FRED THE BARTENDER,BILL LANG,I HAVE I PIC OF THE ORANGE ROOM 1972,AND 2 OF MOTHERS AFTER THE FIRE,AN 1 MOTHERS BUTTON.ANYONE WITH PIC'S OR ITEMS PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT lewr56@yahoo.com
The Sterling

Lake Forest, CA

#23 Sep 14, 2011
Yes I remember that they had a slide that you can go down to get on the dance floor or take the stairs.
Santana at Mothers

Lake Forest, CA

#24 Sep 14, 2011
Are you sure the Real Carlos Santana was at mothers or was it TUSK. They used to play a lot of Santana.
Mike

Poway, CA

#25 Sep 20, 2011
I can't believe this. You're all killing me! A Mother's Reunion site! Absolutely love it! I too played Mother's, circa 1970-71. Sorry Monsuka & Tusk, I don't remember you. There were two huge rooms and 4 bands playing on Friday & Saturday nights and you were probably down in the lower room. The Orphans played on Sunday nights also unless it was a 3 day weekend and then we all played. What were the names of the two rooms? What was the head bouncer's name? Then there was Jack. Jack was the ultra behind the sceen security. Who was Jack's constant partner besides the 12 gauge?

Mike
Hash

Highland Lakes, NJ

#26 Sep 21, 2011
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, My band played at Mothers as well..We were called "Monzuka".
Does anybody remember this band? I don't recall your band called Tusk....But I am sure you had a great time playing there like I did.
Those were the good old times...The Hamburgers that lady made in the kitchen were the best. We also played at the "Joker" in Tallman NY...Now that is an Italian restaurant.
Anyway, it brings back good memories. Thanks
Billy, Bogada was our band, we played in both rooms in Mothers Greenwood Lake, for 3-4 yrs right up to the end, I don't remember you guys. I did see you and we also played at the Joker too. What bands were there when you guys were and what room did you play and for how long?

Hash keyboard player of Bogada
Hash

Highland Lakes, NJ

#27 Sep 21, 2011
Billy, Bogada was our band, we played in both rooms in Mothers Greenwood Lake, for 3-4 yrs right up to the end, I don't remember you guys. I did see you and we also played at the Joker too. What bands were there when you guys were and what room did you play and for how long?

Billy

United States

#28 Oct 4, 2011
Make it To Mothers wrote:
I am still waiting to talk to Billy about Monzuka!!
Who is this that wants to talk to me about MONZUKA? Let's talk. Email me Beec3@ol.coma
Jim

Durham, NC

#29 Oct 9, 2011
Does anyone remember the name of the band that played Mothers whose drummer looked like Frank Zappa? They were a great band but that drummer definitely stole the show! This would have been '70 -'71.
ddd

East Hampton, NY

#30 Nov 25, 2011
Boathouse, Long Pond Inn, Yellow Submarine, Mothers, Silver Fox, LePussycat, Sterling, T G's
The atmosphere in that area in the day was something that had to be experienced, but if you were there you know what I mean.
John

Philadelphia, PA

#31 Mar 1, 2012
Just found this string. Absolutely remember Mothers and Sterling. We hung at at both. Like most of the others, we drove up from Passaic County because we couldn't drink in Jersey. Still amazed we made it home safe on those dark, winding roads. Those were fun times. Didn't Mothers have a slide from upstairs to downstairs?
laura

Clifton, NJ

#32 Mar 17, 2012
rich lew wrote:
me and my 3 friends went to mothers every weekend from the summer 69 till the fire of 72.im hoping someone remembers us.four guys from nj,all wearing breards,and always wild.our names,ted,tom,joe, and rich.we would start at the orange room than always mothers.want to contact those who might know us.mike[yabadaba]from clifton,or sue and her friende from newark,they worked at the courthouse,bonnie from caldwell.please email me at lewr56@yahoo.com.
did you date a chick name robin from dumont
laura

Clifton, NJ

#33 Mar 17, 2012
Hash wrote:
<quoted text>
omg i remember you robin and i were groupies lol
DBC104

Warwick, NY

#34 Apr 12, 2012
My Grandparents, Saul and Florence Spivak owned the Long Pond Inn. My parents met there as my Mom worked there as a bar maid and my Father was a bouncer. I would love to hear from anyone who has any stories, photos or memorabilia. Please email me at dconk111@yahoo.com.
john from lodi

Manchester, NH

#35 Apr 23, 2012
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, My band played at Mothers as well..We were called "Monzuka".
Does anybody remember this band? I don't recall your band called Tusk....But I am sure you had a great time playing there like I did.
Those were the good old times...The Hamburgers that lady made in the kitchen were the best. We also played at the "Joker" in Tallman NY...Now that is an Italian restaurant.
Anyway, it brings back good memories. Thanks
Monzuka was great I knew someone in the band from Garfield forgot his name...good times

Since: Apr 12

Staten Island, NY

#36 Apr 24, 2012
Mothers is a great part of my memories as a 20 something. What a fab place. Especially the Orphans with Billy as their lead singer. They really had it together as a band. Billy, are you still making music ?
Rich Lew

Ojai, CA

#37 May 8, 2012
I met many of my girlfriends at Mothers,and one was Robin from Dumont.We went to a Ranger game on a date.I remember picking her up in my 63 corvette.She was soooo cute.I broke up with Sue my steady also met at mothers,to date Robin.On the mothers dance floor with Robin i had all Sue's friends kicking me.O Boy!
Rich Lew

Ojai, CA

#38 May 8, 2012
Again im seeing who i can find from my Mothers days at the lake.I already found crazy Ed,Tom,Joe,all still in jersey.Im still trying to put togather my Make it to Mother's website and got pictures of Mothers,Orange room,and 1 Mothers button.Long pond inn after it was gone just the iron rail.So if Bonnie from caldwell,the little blond that sat on the jupebox,Sue from newark,Mike 63 chevy,Monroe Hackensack,Joe owneer orange room,Fred bartender,or anybody else that loved the lake as much as me want to talk im at lewr56@yahoo.com.even that i live in California now,i still visit the lake every year on vac.
mike

Cornwall, NY

#39 May 9, 2012
i started this thread almost 19 months ago and still have not run into anyone i knew back them...though i only went from NJ to hear about 6x...the other times i escaped the NJ dring age was to the Hofbraus House in Staten Island....oh well...lol...I do know I saw Santana at Mothers...
Doris

United States

#40 May 19, 2012
I used to hang at Mothers. Last Sunday I was at Emerald Point and I think that used to be Mothers. It seemed so familiar but rebuilt somehow. What memories. DCourtney1017@aol.comNow I live in Hollywood Florida

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suffern Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gregg Brie released without bail on charges of ... (Mar '08) Apr 17 released 67
When artists become con artist. Mar 31 Crazyassedworld 29
Nightclubs of the 70's (May '12) Mar '15 dan wardrope 9
Letter: Stop Tuxedo's leeching onto Greenwood Lake Mar '15 lakermom 3
Nicole Figueroa (Nash) (May '14) Mar '15 Beanie 3
News Fire destroys apartment above Greenwood Lake ea... (Mar '12) Mar '15 SLL 3
ANP Transcriptions in Suffern -- non-payment pr... (Oct '09) Mar '15 Seeking Payment 48
More from around the web

Suffern People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]