New Windsor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Judged:

anyone remember the Mothers bar in greenwood lake...late 60s early 70s...
they use to Ad us folks in NJ ..stating you have to make it to mothers this weekend....
at that time drinking age in jersey was 21...so we either went to orange county or we went to staten island
andy mazzola

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

Judged:

we played at mothers from 1969 to 1971 tusk was our band our manager was adam macagna
Billy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Judged:

andy mazzola wrote:
we played at mothers from 1969 to 1971 tusk was our band our manager was adam macagna
Wow, My band played at Mothers as well..We were called "Monzuka".
Does anybody remember this band? I don't recall your band called Tusk....But I am sure you had a great time playing there like I did.
Those were the good old times...The Hamburgers that lady made in the kitchen were the best. We also played at the "Joker" in Tallman NY...Now that is an Italian restaurant.

Anyway, it brings back good memories. Thanks
Gerard and Cathie

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

Judged:

We used to go to Mother's and dance to Uncle Andy and Tusk. Great band and great place. Does anyone have any Photos. Andy and Billy this is for you "Wanna take you Higher, Higher"
Big Mark

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

Judged:

My #1 Amigo in life, Rob, and myself had a couple of dollar long necks and watched a few topless go-go girls in 1967..remember it well,,well enough I guess. I remember the long winding road to Route 17 and being drunk at 3 AM.
Cousin Linda

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

Judged:

Hi everyone.. I was a dancer at almost all of the clubs in Greenwood Lake.. but Mother's was the one I worked at the most...
I also worked at The Sterling, The Silver Fox and Le Pussycat...
Bobby Gleason nicknamed me "Cousin Linda"
in Le PussyCat one night.
Does anyone remember the "Orange Inn" Hans opened his house for a place to party, for all of us that worked in Greenwood Lake...it was right up behind Le Pussycat...
and Coca Cola Louis cafe in town..Lou Caddy making us all laugh...
Man the fun we had back then....
Linda

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2011

Judged:

Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anybody remember this band? I don't recall your band called Tusk....But I am sure you had a great time playing there like I did.
Those were the good old times...The Hamburgers that lady made in the kitchen were the best. We also played at the "Joker" in Tallman NY...Now that is an Italian restaurant.
Billy?? Is this the same Billy that played at Mothers in Wayne and GL? You guys did Summer Breeze, Brandy, China Grove?? And you are Hawaiian? Wow, I've been looking for you if you are!! E-mail me please! wagfan1@optonline.net
rich lew

Chino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2011

Judged:

me and my 3 friends went to mothers every weekend from the summer 69 till the fire of 72.im hoping someone remembers us.four guys from nj,all wearing breards,and always wild.our names,ted,tom,joe, and rich.we would start at the orange room than always mothers.want to contact those who might know us.mike[yabadaba]from clifton,or sue and her friende from newark,they worked at the courthouse,bonnie from caldwell.please email me at lewr56@yahoo.com.

Since: Apr 11

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

I am still waiting to talk to Billy about Monzuka!!

So.Pasadena Ca.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

Cousin Linda,did you ever dance at the Long Pond inn,or remember the night owl,i'm looking to start a site where anyone who went to the lake in 69 to 72,can share their pic's and experience's from those days.anyone that was a fan of mothers and went there or remembers the orange room can email at lewr56@yahoo.com.
laura

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

I remember those good old days. Do you remember the band Centaur

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

laura wrote:
I remember those good old days. Do you remember the band Centaur
I certainly remember Centaur! They had a song called Shake Your Ass that I recall!
mike

Cornwall On Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

what year were they playing there?,,,any one remember seeing santana there. I was also from North Bergen...and had to leave NJ to drink..we went to mothers or we went to the haufbrau house in Staten Island
Al G

Hamburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Hey Mike, I remember seeing Carlos Santana there, probably 1969! I've thought for years that it was indeed him. What do you remember? mineral@ptd.net Al
mike wrote:
what year were they playing there?,,,any one remember seeing santana there. I was also from North Bergen...and had to leave NJ to drink..we went to mothers or we went to the haufbrau house in Staten Island
Neysa aka SuPeRsTaR

Bayonne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the Billy that was in the fabulous "Orphans" ? If this is the same Billy, you let me play my tambourine on your stage in Brooklyn at the Wooden Nickel for 2 weeks. You also let "Johnny Angel" get on stage and dance with me. I have pictures of that.
Frank S

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

What memories. Hung out many weekends from 67-71 or so, and absolutely remember Mothers. My favorite, though, was the Long Pond Inn - the dancers there were simply gorgeous. I remember walking on the lake when it froze over, and driving those twisting roads when I had no business driving.
God only knows how we survived...
Al G

Hamburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Judged:

Frank S wrote:
What memories. Hung out many weekends from 67-71 or so, and absolutely remember Mothers. My favorite, though, was the Long Pond Inn - the dancers there were simply gorgeous. I remember walking on the lake when it froze over, and driving those twisting roads when I had no business driving.
God only knows how we survived...
Long Pond, oh yeah! I remember the girls dancing right on the bar, also remeber the stiff neck from looking up! LOL!
Al G

Hamburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

How about the Sterling Hotel? I remember a clear plastic floor with multi colored lights flashing beneath. An of course the disco crystal ball above!
john

Passaic, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

rich lew wrote:
me and my 3 friends went to mothers every weekend from the summer 69 till the fire of 72.im hoping someone remembers us.four guys from nj,all wearing breards,and always wild.our names,ted,tom,joe, and rich.we would start at the orange room than always mothers.want to contact those who might know us.mike[yabadaba]from clifton,or sue and her friende from newark,they worked at the courthouse,bonnie from caldwell.please email me at lewr56@yahoo.com.
We use to drive up in youe corvette. What a blast! Don't know how we ever made it home half the time.
john

Passaic, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

we use to drive up in your 427 corvette. What a blast! I don't know how we made it home half the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Suffern News Video

•••
•••

Suffern Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Suffern People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE