First Prev
of 3
Next Last
unknown

Cabot, AR

#1 Apr 30, 2012
How come the city of Stuttgart doesn't up the pay of there officers to around 14-15hr..instead of working them to death and having a high turn over of help..with all the overtime they ar making 35-38k a year..14-15hr is 32-33k a year and officers would actually stay
Sfd

United States

#2 Apr 30, 2012
Why not give it to the Fire Dept? They have shitty pay with high turnover rate. They start out minimum wage, cops get more than that.
why

Stuttgart, AR

#3 Apr 30, 2012
The city of Stuttgart pays for the trainning of police officers & gives them cars to drive to an from work even if they don't live in stuttgart. Then when the new cops graduate they think they should have more $$ and leave. NOONE makes anyone apply for the job as fire fightewr OR cop. SO the BETTER question should be why complain about the pay for a job when you didn't have to and why take it then complain? ASk ANYONE, EVERYONE they will all tell you they deserve more $$!!
unknown

Cabot, AR

#4 Apr 30, 2012
why wrote:
The city of Stuttgart pays for the trainning of police officers & gives them cars to drive to an from work even if they don't live in stuttgart. Then when the new cops graduate they think they should have more $$ and leave. NOONE makes anyone apply for the job as fire fightewr OR cop. SO the BETTER question should be why complain about the pay for a job when you didn't have to and why take it then complain? ASk ANYONE, EVERYONE they will all tell you they deserve more $$!!

Need to get facts straight..they are no longer able to take cars home..also state of Arkansas pays for the academy all the department pays for is wage and transportation there..put your address on here and next time someone breaks into your house armed and you call for help..we will see how fast a police officer responds to put his life in danger for 10.00hr..just saying..and no I am not a Stuttgart police officer

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#5 Apr 30, 2012
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>Need to get facts straight..they are no longer able to take cars home..also state of Arkansas pays for the academy all the department pays for is wage and transportation there..put your address on here and next time someone breaks into your house armed and you call for help..we will see how fast a police officer responds to put his life in danger for 10.00hr..just saying..and no I am not a Stuttgart police officer
amen to that!!! Yeah the police make mistakes every now and then, but then again, who doesn't?? They do their best and do a good job!
trytobefair

Carlisle, AR

#6 Apr 30, 2012
Thats not true. That is, unless we have several police departments that I don't know about. I have seen one house in particular that never has less than two police cars parked at it. So either they spend an awful large amount of time there "on duty" or they live there and take the cars home. I've driven near the home at different times both day and night, cars are there 9 out of 10 times I drive by.
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
Need to get facts straight..they are no longer able to take cars home..also state of Arkansas pays for the academy all the department pays for is wage and transportation there..put your address on here and next time someone breaks into your house armed and you call for help..we will see how fast a police officer responds to put his life in danger for 10.00hr..just saying..and no I am not a Stuttgart police officer
Copblockin

Stuttgart, AR

#7 Apr 30, 2012
All the officers want to do is get on here and complain about their jobs. You applied for the damn job so be happy with what you make, just because you think you are "protecting the community" you think you should make more, well welcome to the real world where they don't start you out at 15 dollars an hour! You should all start at minimum wage and work your way up, get a raise when you deserve one! I mean come on where else you gonna be able to make money and drive a charger and get all the free gas you want and not have to do anything but sit on your asses!!
why

Stuttgart, AR

#8 Apr 30, 2012
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you want to know my address? It takes way too long for some of the cops to get to calls. All I can say is come to my house and see which bullet reaches you first. Dom't worry about another Chris Baynes trial, You'll beinside before anyone gets here.
unknown

Cabot, AR

#9 Apr 30, 2012
trytobefair wrote:
<quoted text>Thats not true. That is, unless we have several police departments that I don't know about. I have seen one house in particular that never has less than two police cars parked at it. So either they spend an awful large amount of time there "on duty" or they live there and take the cars home. I've driven near the home at different times both day and night, cars are there 9 out of 10 times I drive by.
I was talking about the ones that live outside the city!!!!!!
unknown

Cabot, AR

#10 Apr 30, 2012
Well Mr. Citizen, I guess you have me figured out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I'm the “lousy cop.” Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out.

From birth you teach your children that I am the bogeyman, and then you're shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy, the criminal. You accuse me of coddling juveniles, until I catch your kid doing something. You may take an hour for lunch, and have several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer if you see me having just one cup.

You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals at noon with your troubles. You raise hell about the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you. You know all the traffic laws, but never got a single ticket you deserved. You shout “foul” if you observe me driving fast enroute to an emergency call, but literally raise hell if I take more than ten seconds responding to your call.

You call it “part of the job” if someone strikes me, but it's “police brutality” if I strike back. You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but you are always willing to give me a few pointers on law enforcement. You talk to me in a manner and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but you expect me to stand and take it without batting an eye.

You cry,“Something has to be done about all the crime!” but you can't be bothered with getting involved.

You've got no use for me at all, but, of course, it's OK if I change a tire for your wife, or deliver your baby in the back seat of my patrol car on the way to the hospital, or save your son's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or work many hours over-time to find your lost daughter.

So Mr. Citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, or maybe your life might depend on one thing, ME, or one of my buddies.
John

Cabot, AR

#11 Apr 30, 2012
Well said Unknown, You said it exactlly the way it is. I Applaud You!!!
Speachless

Cabot, AR

#12 Apr 30, 2012
Hats off to you UNKNOWN.
Jimmy

Cabot, AR

#13 Apr 30, 2012
You need to put that in voices in the ar. paper so that all the people can read. Its very good and the truth.
ftp

Haslet, TX

#14 Apr 30, 2012
Nobody cares about shitty Stuttgart police

Location hidden

#15 Apr 30, 2012
unknown wrote:
Well Mr. Citizen, I guess you have me figured out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I'm the “lousy cop.” Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out.

From birth you teach your children that I am the bogeyman, and then you're shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy, the criminal. You accuse me of coddling juveniles, until I catch your kid doing something. You may take an hour for lunch, and have several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer if you see me having just one cup.

You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals at noon with your troubles. You raise hell about the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you. You know all the traffic laws, but never got a single ticket you deserved. You shout “foul” if you observe me driving fast enroute to an emergency call, but literally raise hell if I take more than ten seconds responding to your call.

You call it “part of the job” if someone strikes me, but it's “police brutality” if I strike back. You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but you are always willing to give me a few pointers on law enforcement. You talk to me in a manner and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but you expect me to stand and take it without batting an eye.

You cry,“Something has to be done about all the crime!” but you can't be bothered with getting involved.

You've got no use for me at all, but, of course, it's OK if I change a tire for your wife, or deliver your baby in the back seat of my patrol car on the way to the hospital, or save your son's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or work many hours over-time to find your lost daughter.

So Mr. Citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, or maybe your life might depend on one thing, ME, or one of my buddies.
well said!!

Location hidden

#16 Apr 30, 2012
ftp wrote:
Nobody cares about shitty Stuttgart police
ahhhhhh the cop who got fired or the guy who got a ticket for "doin nothing wrong"...typical
humm

Haslet, TX

#17 Apr 30, 2012
unknown wrote:

Well said
Fred

Stuttgart, AR

#18 Apr 30, 2012
unknown wrote:
AWESOME (copy/paste from google) JOB!!!!!!!
unknown

Cabot, AR

#19 Apr 30, 2012
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>AWESOME (copy/paste from google) JOB!!!!!!!
Not google..but it was copied..says it all though!!
Crysomemore

Stuttgart, AR

#20 May 1, 2012
Blah blah blah, you choose to take up the job to take care of the community, so bitching about having to do it is POINTLESS, it's just like every other job in the world, if you don't like it QUIT!! And stop bitching already! You act like you run into burning buildings or something, I mean really, come on, your working in Stuttgart not Iraq, you ride around in a car all day and sit on your ass and still bitch about it! I'll put my address on here for ya if you want, takes y'all a year to get anywhere in Stuttgart anyways, by time you get here it'll be too late anyways ill do ya job for ya!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stuttgart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bdn..big nick...carmon reynolds 11 hr No laughing matter 2
Duck Guides/Outfitters 13 hr Useless 10
Prejudice boss Sun Meme 5
Britt Hein (Apr '15) Nov 18 Useless 53
Why hide Nov 17 Nene 46
Prisons (Feb '16) Nov 17 Rasta 36
Wild Life Bar Nov 16 Meme 2

Stuttgart Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance