Several Motorcyle Accidents Ahead of Sturgis

Aug 13, 2011 Full story: KAAL-TV Austin 13

The biggest biker rally in the country is going on right now in Sturgis, South Dakota and that means more motorcycles on the roads.

Full Story
Matt

Rapid City, SD

#1 Aug 13, 2011
I am pretty sure there was a bad bike accident on lazelle st at eleven o clock last night
DixieChick

Englewood, CO

#2 Aug 13, 2011
Matt wrote:
I am pretty sure there was a bad bike accident on lazelle st at eleven o clock last night
Do you know what happened? My friend's dad was killed in a motorcycle accident last night in Spearfish... the man's son is on his way to Spearfish now....
Matt

Rapid City, SD

#3 Aug 13, 2011
No idea just drove by it and saw couldn't really tell what happened , waiting to hear from the news channels
Mike from Center Line MI

Warren, MI

#4 Aug 14, 2011
I saw a biker down on Tuesday the 9th befor noon over on the Spearfish ride. I stopped but realized I could do nothing to help. It was a big guy on a orange screaming eagle road glide.
Matt wrote:
No idea just drove by it and saw couldn't really tell what happened , waiting to hear from the news channels
Mike from Center Line MI

Warren, MI

#5 Aug 14, 2011
Do you kow what kind of cycle he was riding?
DixieChick wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what happened? My friend's dad was killed in a motorcycle accident last night in Spearfish... the man's son is on his way to Spearfish now....
Mike from Center Line MI

Warren, MI

#6 Aug 14, 2011
Do you know what kind of cycle he was riding?
QBD

United States

#7 Aug 15, 2011
Have been trying to find out what happened at Pactola on Thursday night. We waited an hour+ on the bridge and went by four bikes (two each on two flatbeds) that didn't look to be in good shape. Heard something about an airlift but hoping it turned out to be good news and not bad.
PAS

Cheyenne, WY

#8 Aug 16, 2011
re:accident at pactola. 1st one was lady(we had stopped there and saw her flip and slide, we helped with her and directing traffic-she was airlifted out. 2nd one involved 3 bikes, we drove by after that one happened(saw 2 people on ground)not sure how bad injured.
tosha

Eau Claire, WI

#9 Oct 6, 2011
the accident that happened on the pactola lake resevoir involved 4 bikes, 3 people were injured. one was not severe, just a few gashes on his head, he was up and walking around. one was a younger female, possible severe neck or back injury. she was airlifted out. the other was an older gentleman, two broken legs, possibly more. he was taken away by ambulance. we came up to the scene shortly after it happened and helped direct traffic until authorities arrived. did not find out the status of the two severely injured. hope they are doing well.
Rachael Johnston

Calgary, Canada

#11 Feb 13, 2012
QBD wrote:
Have been trying to find out what happened at Pactola on Thursday night. We waited an hour+ on the bridge and went by four bikes (two each on two flatbeds) that didn't look to be in good shape. Heard something about an airlift but hoping it turned out to be good news and not bad.
Hi i was the women in the accident, I broke my neck and both arms... i broke my C2 in my neck that should have killed me im lucky I was hoping someone saw the accident from my angle...its undetermined whos fault it is was as i have no memory. I am so greatful it happened in the states as i recieved the best care that i wouldnt have recieved in canada .....
Prayers for Rachel

Louisville, KY

#12 Feb 23, 2012
Heal well - glad you are getting better
Gumdrops

Farragut, IA

#13 Jun 10, 2012
I've seen and witnessed several motorcycle wrecks around the area and there is always one common theme, cruisers. I have never once came up on or witnessed touring or dual sport riders crashing or creating rolling road blocks. Perhaps these riders need to ride safer bikes that can react quicker without the stupid unsafe forward controls. If they choose not to I feel no remorse for the injuries they incur on their crappy designed bikes.

In over 30 years of riding I have never riden a bike that needed to be revved every time the clutch was pulled. It's just obnoxious behavior by bad citizens and only confirms what assholes they really are.
GumJob

Louisville, KY

#14 Jun 10, 2012
What did he/she say?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sturgis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sturgis Music Selection (Sep '12) Dec 11 Musikologist 10
Gangs take over the reservations (Aug '09) Nov 23 Likesumcando 32
Real Estate blog ranks Brandon as state's 2nd s... Oct '14 Ace Macmillan 2
Sweet Cyanide to play at Arlene's Grocery on Oc... Oct '14 Ace Macmillan 1
Sadie Joseph Sep '14 Sadie Joseph 1
Crazy Horse/The Great Spirit Gave Him A Shield Aug '14 Loyd Burleson 1
Harley returns Road Glide to product lineup Aug '14 Kevin Vincent 1
Sturgis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web