Mothers question safety of 4-H horse ...

Mothers question safety of 4-H horse arena in St. Joseph County; fair manager says it's OK

There are 1 comment on the MLive.com story from Aug 29, 2011, titled Mothers question safety of 4-H horse arena in St. Joseph County; fair manager says it's OK. In it, MLive.com reports that:

With the start of the 161st St. Joseph County Grange Fair less than a month away, the safety of an outdoor horse arena is being questioned by a group of mothers who have children in 4-H. The fair manager and the coun ty's 4-H program director, however, both say the concerns are an over reaction and the show arena is in good condition.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Chris Eagle

Sturgis, MI

#1 Sep 22, 2011
When we were at the St. Joseph County Fair on Tuesday, a horse attached to a cart got loose, the wheel fell off the cart and the horse was running around without a driver, people were scrambling to get out of the way. I was holding my 11 month old grandson and stood absolutely still as it ran less than 10 feet in front of me. Another pony got loose and was running around as well. It was a scary thing ~ and that for sure is a safety issue. I ran to the big barn while people were chasing this horse/cart to get it to stop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sturgis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
carls rd drug slum lord May '15 The right is wrong 2
carls rd May '15 cotton 1
carls rd slum lord May '15 cotton 1
News Young victim thankful for guilty verdict (May '07) Jan '15 Teresa 3
ryan larson (Nov '11) Oct '14 USer 2
Debate: Marijuana - Sturgis, MI (Sep '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 8
Amanda Anderson, daughter of Terry and Darleen,... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Night Fury 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sturgis Mortgages