Sturgis homeowner catches burglars in the act

Three men are facing home invasion charges after an incident in Sturgis. Police say the men broke into a home in the 700 block of E. Jerolene Street around 11 p.m. Monday. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
White Trash

Benton Harbor, MI

#1 Jul 9, 2008
Pieces of white trash should be hung by their testicles
Dead Home Invaders

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Jul 9, 2008
If this was my house they would have been killed. These punks are soon or later are going to enter the wrong person's home. Remember Joe Horn of Pasadena, TX.
bang

Rockford, MI

#3 Jul 9, 2008
enough said they would need medical attention. A home owner could only think the perps intentions where not good .
can you say

West Bloomfield, MI

#4 Jul 9, 2008
LOSERS!
kjw

Pontiac, MI

#5 Jul 9, 2008
Ummm rval, are your dope smoking kids named Derek and Austin, by any chance?
Hellfire

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Jul 9, 2008
Dead Home Invaders wrote:
If this was my house they would have been killed. These punks are soon or later are going to enter the wrong person's home. Remember Joe Horn of Pasadena, TX.
Same here, My white carpet doesn't hide stains well.
Upper Decker Leaver

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Jul 9, 2008
"Boom ur dead!!"

lol

“Part of the uninformed masses.”

Since: Jun 08

Grand Rapids

#9 Jul 10, 2008
i think they should work back breaking jobs 20 hours a day and everyday come home to find their places emptied.... then hung by their testicles.
Runner

Coldwater, MI

#10 Jul 10, 2008
Great job, Homeowner! You showed a lot of courage by chasing down these scumbags and getting them off our streets. You made it safer for all of us! Thank you for your bravery. KUDOS!
Batch 37 Pain is Good

United States

#11 Jul 10, 2008
Ha ha! Stupid white trash crackers........
old_timer

Syracuse, NY

#13 Jul 10, 2008
Are these guys trying to replace the Three Stooges. Too bad the homeowner didn't catch them inside, beat the crap out of them first and say they fell down the stairs, lol.
deebell

Alto, MI

#14 Jul 10, 2008
I would like to point out that this isn't a home invasion. It was a breaking and entering.

Home invasions are when they break into the house with the homeowner there, with little regard for being quiet.

It's the same difference as between car theft and carjacking.

“Norwegian Blues stun easily!”

Since: Jun 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#15 Jul 10, 2008
Why the violence? What has happened to us? Why is our first reaction to so many things “Well, just shoot them”? I can’t count the number of times in this forum that I’ve heard someone suggest that we execute a person or shoot someone! Somebody offends you? Get the gun. Somebody keys your car? Get the gun. Somebody steps on your petunias? Get the gun. Besides extreme physical threat/self-defense, is there ever a good reason to kill someone? No possession, religion, or argument is ever worth killing for. Is someone stealing your TV? Let ‘em have it! No human life is worth less than a TV or necklace or wad of cash! I think it was Tom Robbins who said,“There are many things worth living for, a few things worth dying for, and nothing worth killing for.”
old_timer

Syracuse, NY

#16 Jul 10, 2008
deebell wrote:
I would like to point out that this isn't a home invasion. It was a breaking and entering.
Home invasions are when they break into the house with the homeowner there, with little regard for being quiet.
It's the same difference as between car theft and carjacking.
"All three suspects - Gerald Wilber Jr., 26, of Constantine, Derek Brooks, 22, of Centreville, Austin Brooks, 25, of Sturgis - were charged with home invasion." tell it to the judge. It's still home invasion.
old_timer

Syracuse, NY

#17 Jul 10, 2008
Playtah wrote:
Why the violence? What has happened to us? Why is our first reaction to so many things “Well, just shoot them”? I can’t count the number of times in this forum that I’ve heard someone suggest that we execute a person or shoot someone! Somebody offends you? Get the gun. Somebody keys your car? Get the gun. Somebody steps on your petunias? Get the gun. Besides extreme physical threat/self-defense, is there ever a good reason to kill someone? No possession, religion, or argument is ever worth killing for. Is someone stealing your TV? Let ‘em have it! No human life is worth less than a TV or necklace or wad of cash! I think it was Tom Robbins who said,“There are many things worth living for, a few things worth dying for, and nothing worth killing for.”
WoW, so you'd just let some punks come in and take what they want and say, "have a nice day" I doubt it. How many time do you read where elderly folks have had their homes broken into and beaten up by scumbags such as these, I love it when I see where a 75 yr old lady grabs a bat and beats the snot outta punks like this, and what about the thug that attempted to rob that exmarine in broad day light who turned out the be a boxer and put the thug in his place?. Trust me I'd do the samething as that former marine and if it came down to it and it was my home they can give their souls to god because their A**ES would be mine.
Buckshot

Spring Lake, MI

#18 Jul 10, 2008
Playtah wrote:
Why the violence? What has happened to us? Why is our first reaction to so many things “Well, just shoot them”? I can’t count the number of times in this forum that I’ve heard someone suggest that we execute a person or shoot someone! Somebody offends you? Get the gun. Somebody keys your car? Get the gun. Somebody steps on your petunias? Get the gun. Besides extreme physical threat/self-defense, is there ever a good reason to kill someone? No possession, religion, or argument is ever worth killing for. Is someone stealing your TV? Let ‘em have it! No human life is worth less than a TV or necklace or wad of cash! I think it was Tom Robbins who said,“There are many things worth living for, a few things worth dying for, and nothing worth killing for.”
Someone writes a stupid post get the gun.

“Norwegian Blues stun easily!”

Since: Jun 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Jul 11, 2008
old_timer wrote:
<quoted text> WoW, so you'd just let some punks come in and take what they want and say, "have a nice day" I doubt it. How many time do you read where elderly folks have had their homes broken into and beaten up by scumbags such as these, I love it when I see where a 75 yr old lady grabs a bat and beats the snot outta punks like this, and what about the thug that attempted to rob that exmarine in broad day light who turned out the be a boxer and put the thug in his place?. Trust me I'd do the samething as that former marine and if it came down to it and it was my home they can give their souls to god because their A**ES would be mine.
But there's a difference between beating the snot out of someone with a bat, and blowing his brains out with a gun. In one situation, he learns a painful lesson, in the other situation, he dies. Are you really willing to kill someone for a dvd player?
old_timer

Syracuse, NY

#20 Jul 12, 2008
Playtah wrote:
<quoted text>
But there's a difference between beating the snot out of someone with a bat, and blowing his brains out with a gun. In one situation, he learns a painful lesson, in the other situation, he dies. Are you really willing to kill someone for a dvd player?
Well lets put it this way, if they call ahead and let me know what they want I'll leave it outside, but if they break in during the night I have no idea if they're here to do bodily harm that's when I have the right to defend myself, my family and property according to the "bill of rights", you be the judge.
family man

Rockford, MI

#21 Jul 13, 2008
Playtah wrote:
Why the violence? What has happened to us? Why is our first reaction to so many things “Well, just shoot them” I think it was Tom Robbins who said,“There are many things worth living for, a few things worth dying for, and nothing worth killing for.”
my familys safty is worth killing for if needed.
RonRam

Hudsonville, MI

#22 Jul 13, 2008
I'm a new supporter of the 2nd Ammendant. Bang, you're dead...what part of protecting personal property don't you understand? Oh ya, I forgot, Washington DC has the highest gun crime rate in the nation and its citizens are banned from even owning a firearm. Would some bleeding heart liberal explain this one to me again. But wait, once Obama is elected we will all get along, no one will need to own guns,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sturgis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ryan larson (Nov '11) Oct '14 USer 2
Debate: Marijuana - Sturgis, MI (Sep '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 8
Amanda Anderson, daughter of Terry and Darleen,... Jun '14 Night Fury 1
Girlfriend doesn't want to help w/ household bills (Apr '13) Feb '14 bobby 12
hotties with tatts (Feb '14) Feb '14 fred 1
City of Sturgis declares snow removal emergency (Jan '14) Jan '14 sarab1 1
A Catholic church in USA helps save a Filipino ... (Nov '13) Dec '13 ELIAS IBARRA 11
Sturgis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sturgis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sturgis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sturgis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:17 pm PST

ESPN 2:17PM
Cutler: 'Crossed my mind' Bears tenure over
NBC Sports 3:25 PM
Bears clearly looking to move in another direction
NBC Sports 3:44 PM
Lions preparing for the cold - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:44 PM
Lions preparing for the cold - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 3:47 PM
Cutler's Benching Too Little, Too Late for Bears