Exchange student faces deportation, host mother faces felonies

Full story: WWMT-TV Kalamazoo

An exchange student from Thailand who has lived in west Michigan for more than five years is facing the possibility of deportation and her former host mother is facing two felony charges in St.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jul 28, 2010
I KNOW LAURA

United States

#1 Jul 21, 2010
Laura is no innocent woman here! Wow, I can't believe she is still in the business of deceiving people! I had a dealing with her years ago and she ripped me and my best friend off. She sold "registered" horses that had no papers. Then, after unsuccessfully trying to contact her, she called the police and claimed we were harrassing her! As though she was the victim!!! I hope she gets what she deserves now. Thank you to the police for arresting this crooked woman!
Greytown

Oceanside, CA

#2 Jul 22, 2010
This is so terrible! This student from Thailand busting her butt to obtain a doctorate degree and several years into her schooling becomes a victim of some alleged greedy woman, and now the student may have to return to her home country through no fault of her own? Be reminded that exchange students coming to the U.S. to be placed in the homes of registered sex offenders and convicted felons is certainly more common than you may know. The media should stay actively involved in this case. Many concerned citizens who would like to give this young lady a voice should contact the Embassy and/or the Consulate General of Thailand in the United States. It always feels great to help someone. Let's help Donnapha Kuppatikasem; visit the website www.csfes.org to learn how.
Greytown

Oceanside, CA

#3 Jul 23, 2010
Does anyone know the name(s) of the placement agency this woman was worked for? What is the name of the student's placement agency responsible for this placement? This could be very helpful information.
I KNOW LAURA

United States

#4 Jul 28, 2010
She used to use CETUSA, but I am uncertain of which exchange program this girl is from . I believe Laura was a coordinator for them at one time as well, but when she was arrested (for a felony charge of retail fraud) at the place where she needed to pick up one of the exchange students (airport or someplace where there were police), they probably wouldn't let her be one anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sturgis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Aug 23 Truthisgood 115
Debate: Marijuana - Sturgis, MI (Sep '10) Aug 15 Go Blue Forever 8
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul '14 gottondas 5,482
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 maeball 169
Amanda Anderson, daughter of Terry and Darleen,... Jun '14 Night Fury 1
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun '14 lulubell 302
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) May '14 Mike 94
•••
Sturgis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Sturgis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sturgis People Search