Citizen report leads to meth bust

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

Two meth labs in Sturgis were busted on Saturday after police followed up on a citizen tip.
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated May 19, 2012
Greddly

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

It's nice to hear a "tip" was followed up on for sure.
annie

Moncks Corner, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

I hope they get all them this is getting bad for our young children

Since: Feb 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

annie wrote:
I hope they get all them this is getting bad for our young children
Hey its just recreational ask any college student, look at the GVSU campus, what harm could be done to
those students brains?
In Dark

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

Itsmyvoice wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey its just recreational ask any college student, look at the GVSU campus, what harm could be done to
those students brains?
More concerned myself about "legal" drug use of Adderall, Antipsychotics, ritalin and the likes. GVSU students seek these out bigtime! But the cops are a@@holes and only go after pot, which is harmless.
every vote counts

Wayland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

In Dark wrote:
<quoted text>
More concerned myself about "legal" drug use of Adderall, Antipsychotics, ritalin and the likes. GVSU students seek these out bigtime! But the cops are a@@holes and only go after pot, which is harmless.
Sure its harmless.......... why do you think they call it dope ?
MrAtlanta

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

Good job help keep that crap off the streets
Allen

Allendale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

Everything we dislike about this, is already covered by laws even without "prohibition" drug laws. 1) Zoning: Illegal to operate a business in a residential zone. 2) EPA and OSHA. Hazardous materials AND in a residential zone. What isn't COULD be handled in Civil court: Selling a known dangerous and addictive product. You can not currently sue an illegal drug manufacturer... that's right! They are as EXEMPT from Civil suits as they are from taxes and environmental laws.

Like this system? THIS current system is what causes the criminals to be making billions of dollars, rather than having to find real jobs.

If you want to end the plague of illegal drugs, you need to (ironically) LET GO. There are better ways to deal with this. What we're doing is not working. I'm not saying "give up." I'm saying do it a more effective way that does not cost the tax payers so much. We're acting like that monkey that has a hold of a nut in a coconut. Let go... let other laws work. Let the Civil court system work for dangerous products. Take away the profit and this will dry up significantly. It will, as you know, never completely go away.
DJ p

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

what's up with this Meth crap? seems like it's running wild. Isen't it made from gas and cleaners? can't beleave people put this crap in thier body let alone pay $ for it. it's a sad thing....
wizzer40

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

The main problem is that these people get arrested and are back out on the street before you can blink. Need tougher laws to keep these people behind bars and scare the crap out of the ones that have not been caught yet.
abc

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

I found a bag of meth waste Saturday night on my property. If I get my hands on whoever dumped it, I will be sitting in jail for murder. Had my kids found it...I shudder to think.

All you people who think that it's 'no big deal'...I'd be happy to meet you and explain otherwise.
WTF

Coldwater, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

every vote counts wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure its harmless.......... why do you think they call it dope ?
Since its called DOPE, should we call alcohol DOPE X 2??? It (alcohol) is soooooo much worse than weed...guaranteed!
exuser from sturgis

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Take it from me that shit ruins your life people don't think so but you all wait to you hit your bottom then you will wake up quit before it totally takes you over cause once it does there's no turning back
truth on aging

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2012

Thurston woods village is killing people too and profiting from it and covering it up old people are less important than children so no one cares

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Sturgis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sturgis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Sturgis News, Events & Info