Accurate portrayal? Letters to the ed...

Accurate portrayal? Letters to the editor for Friday, Oct. 10, ...

There are 14 comments on the LA Daily News story from Oct 10, 2008, titled Accurate portrayal? Letters to the editor for Friday, Oct. 10, .... In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Re "Ol' O.J. has finally run our of juice" : I was appalled by the implications of Jasmyne Cannick's column in which she accuses Black America of "standing by" African-American murderers, rapists and pedophiles ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Kathy

Burbank, CA

#1 Oct 10, 2008
I'd say if Panorama City wants to be built up don't allow the developers who have had problems finishing buildings to develop the old Montgomery Ward site. The public deserves better.

Gee as long as McCain and Obama are wanting to hand out money to those who lost their homes what about those of us who rent who don't have jobs. I want a piece of the pie too. Owning a home may be the American Dream but you should be able to afford it if you want to buy it.

“Sticks and "Stones"”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#2 Oct 10, 2008
Kathy wrote:
I'd say if Panorama City wants to be built up don't allow the developers who have had problems finishing buildings to develop the old Montgomery Ward site. The public deserves better.
Gee as long as McCain and Obama are wanting to hand out money to those who lost their homes what about those of us who rent who don't have jobs. I want a piece of the pie too. Owning a home may be the American Dream but you should be able to afford it if you want to buy it.
The reason you dont have a home is because you lack the ability to focus,, you are talking about home owners getting help, which they did not, it was the companies that got help, the homeowners that are paying their notes are still paying their notes,, but the thread is showing a story about OJ,, so can you please focus,, its late here I am having a hard enough time staying awake not to have to include be aware when dealing with people with ADD,,
Lucinda

Yuma, AZ

#3 Oct 10, 2008
Kathy can multitask.

Batayah, you're the one who needs to take his ADD meds. No where in these letters was O.J. mentioned, so there's no O.J. thread there.

You sound just like a nasty in Dallas that I had to tell never to write me again. Is everyone from Texas a nastyass? Oh yeah. The Bushes, the example setters.
Caroline

Yuma, AZ

#4 Oct 10, 2008
- MARY BURKE-FARRELL , you don't have a clue whether parental notification in 34 states has not produced any child abuse. When teens get permission from their parents to have sex and get knocked up, then and only then should parental notification be mandated.
Lucinda

Yuma, AZ

#5 Oct 10, 2008
Correction, to nastyass in Texas. There was a reference to O.J., but this is a Letters to the Editor section, and several topics are covered. Therefore, it's perfectly okay to jump from one subject to another, just as the letters do.
Got it now

AOL

#6 Oct 10, 2008
After years of buying lottery tickets and never winning I wonder if I can get bailed out too!
Neoredpill

San Marcos, CA

#7 Oct 10, 2008
SCOTT YOLLIS is wrong -- neither candidate has proposed "giving tax money to people who can't afford their homes." It's much worse. Both candidates are proposing giving tax money to the lenders who made the bad loans, and in McCain's case, paying full face value for distressed mortgages. This is a bailout to the lenders who offered "liar loans" where neither income nor credit was verified, not a bailout for homeowners.
Yeah Right

United States

#8 Oct 10, 2008
Re 10-10 LADN Letters to the Editor 'Unfair deductions'
BOB JACOBI of Canoga Park writes, "Why not help the millions of American investors that have been hurt by this crunch instead of the fat cow CEOs that have benefited by their own incompetence?"

You are asking this of.......?. Have you forgotten who allowed this to happen?
Yeah Right

United States

#9 Oct 10, 2008
Re 10-10 LADN Letters to the Editor 'Not a birthright'

SCOTT YOLLIS of Granada Hills wrote, "I want to know if McCain or Obama will give me money to make up for my poor decisions. I have money in stocks that lost value. My pension funds have lost value."

I feel quite confident that the USA can borrow few more billion from China to do this for you Scott.

“Sticks and "Stones"”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#10 Oct 10, 2008
Lucinda wrote:
Kathy can multitask.
Batayah, you're the one who needs to take his ADD meds. No where in these letters was O.J. mentioned, so there's no O.J. thread there.
You sound just like a nasty in Dallas that I had to tell never to write me again. Is everyone from Texas a nastyass? Oh yeah. The Bushes, the example setters.
this is in the title, stupid cow,,:"""Re "Ol' O.J. has finally run our of juice" : I was appalled by the implications of Jasmyne Cannick's column in which she accuses Black America of "standing by" African-American murderers, rapists and pedophiles ...
""
Fred Ballesteros

AOL

#11 Oct 11, 2008
I was voting for Mc Cain just to get through the next four years without too much damage from Obama, but now I can't see myself voting for either one. They both want to bail out the home owners that over bought and could not qualify for their loans in the first place, they both voted for this bail out package with a tax credit of up to $7,500 for first time home buyers (now isn't this how we got here in the first place). What a bunch of morons!! And no one's even bringing up illegal immigration anymore. Whoever wins the election, we're screwed!
Jorge Toriello

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Oct 12, 2008
Senator Obama should be called 'Caucasian/African American.'
Jennifer

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Oct 12, 2008
What happened to the Daily News Sunday's paper" Viewpoint"? That was the first thing I looked at, but it has disappeared. I see they do have an Opinion column but the subjects are pre-designated. We don't get a chance to put our two cents worth in if we want to talk about something else.
Please bring back the Viewpoint!
Scott Yollis

Valencia, CA

#14 Dec 17, 2013
Yeah Right wrote:
Re 10-10 LADN Letters to the Editor 'Unfair deductions'
BOB JACOBI of Canoga Park writes, "Why not help the millions of American investors that have been hurt by this crunch instead of the fat cow CEOs that have benefited by their own incompetence?"
You are asking this of.......?. Have you forgotten who allowed this to happen?
Sorry, you're wrong, both candidates proposed handing fistfuls of money to people who otherwise couldn't afford the homes they want to live in.
I know a few, including one whose income is $140K a year, and he got a grant for thousands and a super low interest rate, so he could live in a $450K house.
Who do you think is going to make up the difference between what he would have paid, and what he now gets to pay for that house?
TAXPAYERS, including kids who may never be able to afford a home because they pay too much in tax.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Studio-City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the fine for smoking in Burbank, CA? (Nov '07) 6 hr selectiveartists 59
Review: Fidelity Locksmith Services (Mar '16) 7 hr William Rowden 103
WE HATE MEXICANS IN North Hollywood, Kids hated... (Dec '12) 10 hr mopopoindatdirt 24
Review: Apple Van Lines 15 hr blakeV53 3
News 'Storage Wars' controversy, Jeff Jarred and his... (Jun '12) Tue Well Well 12
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Apr 24 NKOTBLOCC 4,544
Loomstead Bedding, A New Studio City Start-Up Mar 29 Loomstead Bedding 1

Studio-City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Studio-City Mortgages