Interim operator hired for Fredonia water plant

Jan 22, 2013 Full story: Observer 35

At a special meeting held Tuesday night, a resolution was approved to hire Chris Surma as acting chief operator at an hourly rate of $40 per hour with no other benefits.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
really

Fredonia, NY

#1 Jan 23, 2013
at 40 bucks an hour,are you serious?
ACU

Fredonia, NY

#2 Jan 23, 2013
Paying for experience, its a good deal for now
TruthIs

Buffalo, NY

#3 Jan 23, 2013
really wrote:
Listen up, idiot! Do a search for a licensed plant operator, NATION WIDE, see what the salary is. One of the reasons Fredonia hasn't been able to find a permanent replacement is that they pay crap money compared to other places. You people crack me up, you have no clue how much people make doing certain jobs and NOT JUST IN NEW YORK STATE!!!
Peanuts

Dunkirk, NY

#4 Jan 24, 2013
really wrote:
He is not a button pusher at Carriage House like you, MORON!!!
blu

Fredonia, NY

#5 Jan 24, 2013
kyle

Jamestown, NY

#6 Jan 25, 2013
wow you kidding me 40 bucks a hour ? does his job include - to represent fredonia as a lawyer also ? and maybe a doctor to the fredonia employees ? wow / thats why fredonia has been going down hill and i mean down hill / i lived here for 15 years - and believe me - its time to go / ive talked to alot of people and they are relocating to dunkirk where the taxes are much cheaper and seems to me dunkirk looks better down the road - look - artificial football field - new pool - new gymnasium - and much more - what has fredonia done ? nothing in years - they are stuck in reverse and will never go into forward - its my opinion
Jimmy

Rye, NY

#7 Jan 26, 2013
Actually, they are getting off cheap with the no benefits thing, but he's only going to be there twice a month? Good god! 1200$ a week to not even have to show up for work! That is absolutely nuts!
taxed to death

Everett, MA

#8 Jan 26, 2013
You people are clueless as to what things actually cost. There is no way I would get all of those certs and take all of the responsibility to make sure that plant is run right for any less than forty an hour.you can't have some moron with a high school diploma and no education for 15 bucks an hour in charge of a place like. I can't believe you morons are happy with 10 or 15 bucks an hour!! You must not have a pot to piss in!!!
reality

Fredonia, NY

#9 Jan 26, 2013
It's a small price to pay too make sure everyone has safe drinking water.You people are unbeleivable. Do you expect someone to run a filtration plant for peanuts. It's a huge responsibility and alot of training.Another thing,if something goes wrong it's his arsss.SO TYPICAL, pure jealousy!!!
Really

Fredonia, NY

#10 Jan 26, 2013
reality wrote:
It's a small price to pay too make sure everyone has safe drinking water.You people are unbeleivable. Do you expect someone to run a filtration plant for peanuts. It's a huge responsibility and alot of training.Another thing,if something goes wrong it's his arsss.SO TYPICAL, pure jealousy!!!
Its his arse? Just like the last person that ran up a 90,000 bill right. I'll tell you whose arse it is, the taxpayer's that's who!
TruthIs

Buffalo, NY

#11 Jan 26, 2013
taxed to death wrote:
You people are clueless as to what things actually cost. There is no way I would get all of those certs and take all of the responsibility to make sure that plant is run right for any less than forty an hour.you can't have some moron with a high school diploma and no education for 15 bucks an hour in charge of a place like. I can't believe you morons are happy with 10 or 15 bucks an hour!! You must not have a pot to piss in!!!
You don't get it. The ones who want everyone working for 10 bucks an hour are all doing fine. They just don't want anyone else doing as fine. They want services but want to pay Mexican illegal level wages. Then they'll be happy.
reality

Fredonia, NY

#12 Jan 26, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Its his arse? Just like the last person that ran up a 90,000 bill right. I'll tell you whose arse it is, the taxpayer's that's who!
APPLES TO ORANGES.I.m sure there are FKK'UPS in the private sector jobs.No one is perfect.It was just a matter of time before someone had too bring that up.LET IT GO..IT's REALLY GETTING OLDDDDDDD!!!!!!also it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Really

Fredonia, NY

#13 Jan 26, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>APPLES TO ORANGES.I.m sure there are FKK'UPS in the private sector jobs.No one is perfect.It was just a matter of time before someone had too bring that up.LET IT GO..IT's REALLY GETTING OLDDDDDDD!!!!!!also it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
you brought it up and I commented thank you
kyle

Jamestown, NY

#14 Jan 26, 2013
fredonia residents/ when you going to realize your going down hill? how stupid are you people ? your paying high taxes for the college students that you bitch about all the time - if your not happy / move - when was the last census done in fredonia? i will bet on it you lost 10 per cent of people in the past 10 years
Resident

Fredonia, NY

#16 Jan 27, 2013
Kyle or John, According to the 2010 census.The Village population is 11230.Do your homework before you speak nonsense.
ACU

Fredonia, NY

#17 Jan 27, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Its his arse? Just like the last person that ran up a 90,000 bill right. I'll tell you whose arse it is, the taxpayer's that's who!
Fredonia was billed every month, guess where the disconnect was?????????? But we do have farm festival and farmers mart, red white and booze, NO priorities it appears.
LOL

Fredonia, NY

#18 Jan 27, 2013
ACU wrote:
<quoted text>Fredonia was billed every month, guess where the disconnect was?????????? But we do have farm festival and farmers mart, red white and booze, NO priorities it appears.
Well, tell us where the disconnect was. And what is not a priority? Clarification on a lame post.
really

Fredonia, NY

#19 Jan 28, 2013
reality wrote:
oooohhhh..ok mr lancaster!!!
ganger

Orchard Park, NY

#20 Jan 28, 2013
he mustbe a teacher at that rate
LOL

Fredonia, NY

#21 Jan 28, 2013
ACU, waiting to hear from you about where the disconnect was?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Strykersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massena PD Public Record: P.M. Edition Oct 28 Laughing 57
alyson stevens Sep '14 guest 1
Justin D. Gaydek (Jun '13) Jul '13 coworker 2
Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Apr '12 nonuttin 22
Who do you support for U.S. House in New York (... (Oct '10) Feb '12 The Sinner Syndicate 41
Who do you support for U.S. House in New York (... (Oct '10) Mar '11 geo 11
Who do you support for State Assembly in New Yo... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Abe Froman 16
Strykersville Dating
Find my Match

Strykersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Strykersville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Strykersville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:49 am PST