It's the small things.
"Rising star",
"Senator"
"Mayor"
"Presidential hopeful"
Burma Shave
no
Schadenfreude
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/11/21/report...
You seem like a schadenfreude kind of guy. Happy Thanksgiving anyway.

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Since: Dec 08

Bar Harbor, ME

#4 Nov 22, 2012
Bi-polar.

I blame 'global warming.'
how about some facts

Drums, PA

#5 Nov 22, 2012
Truth be told, Jackson Jr. never had much else going for him besides Daddy's name. His legislative record is not strong, and his constituents do not need an "As The World Turns" daily drama in Congress (or MH facility). So I applaud his decision to step down, no matter what the mechanics of that decision.

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#6 Nov 22, 2012
Bet you applaud even more that he waited until after the election.

Right?

Principled bunch, you liberals.

:-)
how about some facts

Drums, PA

#8 Nov 22, 2012
Jeff Woehrle wrote:
Bet you applaud even more that he waited until after the election.
Right?
Principled bunch, you liberals.
:-)
Since his seat will be filled by another democrat, it doesn't really matter when/how he resigned. The way he stepped down is the way it is done in the political world. Like I said, I applaud his decision to step down, which can only benefit his constituents.

Nice snarking though.
Larry in VT

Cambridge, VT

#9 Nov 22, 2012
anthony weiner wrote:
I am thankful no one's been killed yet shopping. Keep your fingers crossed, the day is only half over.
And the stores are closed until tonight. But there has already been threats of stabbings in a WalMart line.

Our Black Friday will be at the general store where Carhartt clothes will be on sale.

Since: Sep 09

Effort

#10 Nov 22, 2012
Larry in VT wrote:
<quoted text>
And the stores are closed until tonight. But there has already been threats of stabbings in a WalMart line.
Our Black Friday will be at the general store where Carhartt clothes will be on sale.
Yea, I do miss those Carhartt clearance stores that are all over the place up there though I did order a half dozen long sleeve henleys.
Went past the Best Buy down on 33 in the lowes/barns n Noble shopping center around 6 pm on the way back from my in laws in NJ, about 100 or so out front.

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#11 Nov 23, 2012
how about some facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Since his seat will be filled by another democrat, it doesn't really matter when/how he resigned. The way he stepped down is the way it is done in the political world. Like I said, I applaud his decision to step down, which can only benefit his constituents.
Nice snarking though.
If he resigns, it is filled by another democrat by appointment. Had he simply carried out his intention before the election by deciding not to run again, it would have been up to the people. Now it is not. Bureaucrats will decide, and the party keeps the seat.

Principles. Big with democrats? I say no.
how about some facts

Drums, PA

#13 Nov 23, 2012
Jeff Woehrle wrote:
<quoted text>
If he resigns, it is filled by another democrat by appointment. Had he simply carried out his intention before the election by deciding not to run again, it would have been up to the people. Now it is not. Bureaucrats will decide, and the party keeps the seat.
Principles. Big with democrats? I say no.
Actually, no, there will be a special election. However, the results of that election are a foregone conclusion.
Larry in VT

Cambridge, VT

#14 Nov 23, 2012
fistv wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I do miss those Carhartt clearance stores that are all over the place up there though I did order a half dozen long sleeve henleys.
Went past the Best Buy down on 33 in the lowes/barns n Noble shopping center around 6 pm on the way back from my in laws in NJ, about 100 or so out front.
We'll probably go over to Dorset and do all our shopping at the HN Williams General Store. It's been in the same family since 1840.
Nothing like a nice flannel shirt for Christmas.

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#15 Nov 23, 2012
anthony weiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely put and oh so obvious. Damn! Likely The Federal investigation will be nothing more painful then a non invasive colonoscopy for this courageous bed wetting cry baby.
This is a brain. This is a brain after a lifetime of entitlement.

Shameful.

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#18 Nov 23, 2012
In the eyes of a liberal, there is no such thing as a waste of taxpayer money. The more government the better, and efficiency be damned.

Special election? Pfft. We just HAD an election. The noble thing would have been for this whining pansy to decide not to run, as his disappearance was the 'foregone conclusion' of this fiasco.

Effort

#19 Nov 23, 2012
Larry in VT wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll probably go over to Dorset and do all our shopping at the HN Williams General Store. It's been in the same family since 1840.
Nothing like a nice flannel shirt for Christmas.
When my son was doing his internships as a back country ranger up in the white mountain national forest we'd go to a B&B in North Conway NH, they had some good outlets right on 16. They also have the smallest Walmart I have ever seen...

Effort

#20 Nov 23, 2012
Jeff Woehrle wrote:
In the eyes of a liberal, there is no such thing as a waste of taxpayer money. The more government the better, and efficiency be damned.
Special election? Pfft. We just HAD an election. The noble thing would have been for this whining pansy to decide not to run, as his disappearance was the 'foregone conclusion' of this fiasco.
What amazes me is even while committed to a mental hospital he still got over 60% of the vote. Talk about wack jobs electing crazy people.

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#21 Nov 23, 2012
fistv wrote:
<quoted text>
What amazes me is even while committed to a mental hospital he still got over 60% of the vote. Talk about wack jobs electing crazy people.
Right? It's been said that we get the government we deserve.

I've noted before that the impoverished have been supporting democrats for decades. All based on the promise of 'helping' them more than the other guys will. If 'helping' is defined as lifting them out of poverty, then the success rate is somewhat less than stunning.

Democrats want to keep their constituents poor and angry. It insures their support, in spite of the lack of logic.

Not the smartest tools in the shed, but tools nonetheless.
Willoughby2

Bloomsburg, PA

#22 Nov 23, 2012
Not one person said Happy Thanksgiving....UGH! None of you have a thing to be thankful for?!?!
Larry in VT

Cambridge, VT

#23 Nov 23, 2012
fistv wrote:
<quoted text>
When my son was doing his internships as a back country ranger up in the white mountain national forest we'd go to a B&B in North Conway NH, they had some good outlets right on 16. They also have the smallest Walmart I have ever seen...
There are outlets nearby im Manchester, VT but I have never set foot in any of them. I'm not into Brooks Brothers suits. Those outlets are for the tourists, not the locals. And with the sucky economy, half the outlet buildings are empty.

I've been in North Conway. Take Rte 112 from Lincoln. I've seen the WalMart but it's a normal size store at about 112,000 sq ft. The one in Bennington is indeed the smallest in the chain as it's an old Grant's store. WalMart wanted to come into Vermont but the town told them if they wanted to come to Bennington the empty Grant's was going to be the place. And they couldn't expand one square foot. At 40,000 sq ft you could fit 6 Bennington stores inside the store in Eastburg. Home Depot wanted to come into Bennington too and they got an empty Jamesway. And again, they couldn't expand the footprint of the store. It's half the size of a regular Home Depot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stroudsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Preparations underway for upcoming solar eclipse 32 min I survived 8-21-2017 5
tax sale Sun Jake 1
one less trouble maker Aug 19 good riddence 1
News Hazleton man sentenced for threatening school o... Aug 18 pha-Q all 2
Who bought the round house land. Aug 16 sesostrus 2
Our Veterans are dying Aug 13 sesostrus 2
the end is near. Aug 10 Sam 1

Stroudsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stroudsburg Mortgages