Posted in the Stroudsburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Since: Dec 08

Bar Harbor, ME

#1 Nov 7, 2012
Obumble's golden touch strikes again as the Dow Industrial Average closes below 13,000...again.

The market's reaction to more spending, more borrowing and more rudderless foreign policy betrays the deep concern about the current leadership.

Another sad chapter for America.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2012/11/07...

"The selloff was broad, with every major sector falling at least 1%"

As I've said before, this president is bad for America in every way.
how about some facts

Drums, PA

#2 Nov 7, 2012
Jeff, the election campaign is over, you can stop now. Despite Fox's misleading headline, today's market woes were a response to concerns about the looming fiscal crisis and the European situation, not Obama's re-election per se. Last week, your daily drumbeats sounded simply partisan; today they sound silly.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 7, 2012
But if he didn't have this, what reason would he have to get up in the morning?

Since: Sep 09

Effort

#4 Nov 7, 2012
Yea, pretty well done and over with, we will see how screwed or not screwed we are in the coming months. He won't be running again so he does not have to hold back so much with unpopular stuff. That's one of the reasons I like term limits, no retirement benefits for elected officials.

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#5 Nov 7, 2012
how about some facts wrote:
Jeff, the election campaign is over, you can stop now. Despite Fox's misleading headline, today's market woes were a response to concerns about the looming fiscal crisis and the European situation, not Obama's re-election per se. Last week, your daily drumbeats sounded simply partisan; today they sound silly.
As I've said all along, although the election is over, the ramifications of it will reverberate for quite some time.

As much as the left would like to think that the sun will now shine and the birds will sing, reality is somewhat different.

This country's massive spending and borrowing under this president has already resulted in an unprecedented downgrade of America's credit rating. More of the same is sure to come.

And the markets seem to know this.

Even if you don't.

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#6 Nov 7, 2012
slush wrote:
But if he didn't have this, what reason would he have to get up in the morning?
Annoying lightweights like you will always make this worthwhile.

***smirk***

Location hidden

#7 Nov 7, 2012
If I give you a reason to swing your legs out of bed in the morning, then knock yourself out.

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#8 Nov 7, 2012
You and all the other pathetic HopeyChangers who think that the problems caused by this president will magically vanish now that racists and white apologists have put him back in.

Not a chance. The fun begins anew.

:-)
LeftWingLiberal

Franklin, NJ

#9 Nov 7, 2012
I predicted that a Mormon would not be elected prez. So did Ann Coulter.

Obama won every swing state but NC. Super Pacs had no effect. Karl Rove is collecting unemployment.

PA was beautiful except for local elections. Corbett should take notice. He won't be re-elected if he continues to destroy public ed and privatize LCB.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#10 Nov 8, 2012
LeftWingLiberal wrote:
I predicted that a Mormon would not be elected prez. So did Ann Coulter.
Obama won every swing state but NC. Super Pacs had no effect. Karl Rove is collecting unemployment.
PA was beautiful except for local elections. Corbett should take notice. He won't be re-elected if he continues to destroy public ed and privatize LCB.
Public education was destroyed years ago by the left.

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#11 Nov 8, 2012
Yesterday's three hundred point selloff came close to the selloff experienced when Obumble was first elected in 2008, and mirrors similar losses when democrats were elected in the past.

All told, the Dow lost about eight hundred points on the day after the election in 2008 and 2012.

Hmmm...

The stock market is forward looking, not political. The doom and gloom that surrounds this election is told by the numbers...and those numbers are not politically aligned.

More debt, more spending, higher taxes and more foreign policy confusion.

Nobody wants to take that bet.
Shirley

Hazleton, PA

#12 Nov 8, 2012
Jeff Woehrle wrote:
Yesterday's three hundred point selloff came close to the selloff experienced when Obumble was first elected in 2008, and mirrors similar losses when democrats were elected in the past.
All told, the Dow lost about eight hundred points on the day after the election in 2008 and 2012.
Hmmm...
The stock market is forward looking, not political. The doom and gloom that surrounds this election is told by the numbers...and those numbers are not politically aligned.
More debt, more spending, higher taxes and more foreign policy confusion.
Nobody wants to take that bet.
Better start digging more worms and selling them to China,so you can make more money.

Effort

#13 Nov 8, 2012
Shirley wrote:
<quoted text>
Better start digging more worms and selling them to China,so you can make more money.
Yup, just make sure to keep that money you make in china so the leeches in DC can't grab it...
Now it's really going to get serious as the feds figure out where to steal if from next for their programs, the lowest hanging fruit is our 401k's and IRA's.

Location hidden

#14 Nov 8, 2012
Think back - the same thing happened when Bush was elected. Investors shift their money when a new President is elected. Educate yourself on this topic and save us alot of hot air.

Location hidden

#15 Nov 8, 2012
Oh BTW - Big D I N G for JW!

Stroudsburg PA

#16 Nov 8, 2012
slush wrote:
Think back - the same thing happened when Bush was elected. Investors shift their money when a new President is elected. Educate yourself on this topic and save us alot of hot air.

Now that's rich: YOU telling others to get educated!!!!

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#17 Nov 8, 2012
slush wrote:
Might want to try some of that 'education' yourself.

The massive selloff as a result of Obumble's reelection is not fantasy, but pure fact.

Added to my Exxon holdings yesterday. The drop was pretty much across the board, indicative of a wide dissatisfaction with the prospect of another four years of incompetence. As opposed to selective drops that would indicate a favor of one sector over another based on political preferences.

Wall Street dislikes this administration's record and prospects.

There's some 'education' for you.

how about some facts

Drums, PA

#18 Nov 8, 2012
Jeff Woehrle wrote:
<quoted text>
Might want to try some of that 'education' yourself.
The massive selloff as a result of Obumble's reelection is not fantasy, but pure fact.
Added to my Exxon holdings yesterday. The drop was pretty much across the board, indicative of a wide dissatisfaction with the prospect of another four years of incompetence. As opposed to selective drops that would indicate a favor of one sector over another based on political preferences.
Wall Street dislikes this administration's record and prospects.
There's some 'education' for you.
In 2008, the market dropped from more than 13000 to less than 9000 BEFORE election day, then dropped an additional 1700-1800 by the second month of Obama's presidency. Since then, it has risen steadily, back to pre-2008 levels. So what the heck are you talking about?

Location hidden

#19 Nov 8, 2012
Because those sell offs are now shifting their investments into healthcare. If he had a clue about investing, he would know better. Right now he has nothing else to grab on to, so let him stew.

Oh, the agony of defeat!

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#20 Nov 8, 2012
slush wrote:
Because those sell offs are now shifting their investments into healthcare. If he had a clue about investing, he would know better. Right now he has nothing else to grab on to, so let him stew.
Oh, the agony of defeat!
As I mentioned, declines were across the board. Healthcare declined as well.

Grab on to that.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stroudsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Joseph Musante (Nov '08) Sat Michele Lewandowski 11
News Guard, inmate die in altercation at Pennsylvani... Jul 19 Never Trust A Ped... 1
Turkish Military Coup Attempt Plotted In Poconos Jul 16 coup detat 2016 1
News Prosecutor cites trip to Mexico as evidence in ... Jul 12 Hazleton Factoids 1
570MENU.COM | Online Restaurant Menu Directory ... Jun 24 junu95 1
Haiti...who cares? (Jan '10) Jun '16 nedwazoo 293
East Bangor Dumping... Jun '16 Anonymous 1

Stroudsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stroudsburg Mortgages