Court says Obama recess appointments ...

Court says Obama recess appointments "invalid"

Posted in the Stroudsburg Forum

cabin

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1 Jan 25, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/court-says-obama-recess...

'WASHINGTON (Reuters)- A federal appeals court on Friday rejected President Barack Obama's "recess" appointments to a labor board last year, saying they were constitutionally invalid.

The appointments to the National Labor Relations Board were made while the Senate was out of town but potentially available to act on them.

"Considering the text, history, and structure of the Constitution, these appointments were invalid from their inception," the panel said.'
Larry

Montpelier, VT

#2 Jan 25, 2013
In Jan of 2012 the Senate stayed in session, but with a skeleton crew. Ostupid said they were in recess, so he appointed the three hacks to the jobs.

I remember this as it caused quite a stir here on the board.

So a Federal Court smacks Ostupid upside the head and told him a President doesn't to this, a Dictator does.

Now there are 218 rulings by this illegally placed board. The big fight is now, are all the 218 rulings going to be vacated?

I for one believe they should.
Willoughby2

Bloomsburg, PA

#3 Jan 26, 2013
Bush made 171 of the same type of appointments, would he be BeStupid too then? You need to read more, really!

Mr. Obama has made about 32 such appointments, including that of Richard Cordray, as director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. President Bill Clinton made 139, while Mr. Bush made 171, including those of John R. Bolton as ambassador to the United Nations and two appeals court judges, William H. Pryor Jr. and Charles W. Pickering Sr.

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Since: Dec 08

Bar Harbor, ME

#5 Jan 26, 2013
Little Barry got his hands slapped. Pretty damn funny.

Love it!

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#6 Jan 26, 2013
Willoughby2 wrote:
Bush made 171 of the same type of appointments, would he be BeStupid too then? You need to read more, really!
Mr. Obama has made about 32 such appointments, including that of Richard Cordray, as director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. President Bill Clinton made 139, while Mr. Bush made 171, including those of John R. Bolton as ambassador to the United Nations and two appeals court judges, William H. Pryor Jr. and Charles W. Pickering Sr.
I think you need to pay attention to what the court said.

Read if you must.:-)
Willoughby2

Bloomsburg, PA

#7 Jan 26, 2013
You know my point, if they have been doing it for 150 years and now all of a sudden it's invalid? It's because it's president Obama, anything to make it difficult but for everyone before him it was OK! Where was all the outrage when Bush did it

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#8 Jan 26, 2013
Willoughby2 wrote:
You know my point, if they have been doing it for 150 years and now all of a sudden it's invalid? It's because it's president Obama, anything to make it difficult but for everyone before him it was OK! Where was all the outrage when Bush did it
And you are missing the point. Read the decision.
Willoughby2

Bloomsburg, PA

#10 Jan 26, 2013
Of 171 recess appointments made by Pres GW Bush, a large majority -- 141 -- were intrasession appts. http://t.co/P6YGu7sb . Here read this Einstein!

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#11 Jan 26, 2013
loose stool wrote:
I know the answer!
"The panel said the Senate was not truly in recess when Obama made his appointments."
What a maroon! I thought they slapped his hand because he was, you know...
Correct!

Barry was a bad, bad boy. Now we have hundreds of actions taken without a quorum that are thrown into limbo.

Cannot this loser touch ANYTHING without messing it up?

And he's added millions in new debt since willo began whining about it.

I know the answer now! Let 'the rich' pay!

:-)
Willoughby2

Bloomsburg, PA

#12 Jan 26, 2013
The only thing you made certain Worlly is you still can't read or comprehend! <smirk>

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#13 Jan 26, 2013
Willoughby2 wrote:
The only thing you made certain Worlly is you still can't read or comprehend! <smirk>
You gotta get over the 'blame Bush' thing. Seriously. It's time.

Meanwhile, Barry's twisting in the wind again. And just ahead of a Supreme Court showdown over ObumbleCare's birth control.

Busy days. Happy times.

Ding!
Larry

Montpelier, VT

#14 Jan 26, 2013
Willoughby2 wrote:
Of 171 recess appointments made by Pres GW Bush, a large majority -- 141 -- were intrasession appts. http://t.co/P6YGu7sb . Here read this Einstein!
Yes, they were. And Congress was NOT IN SESSION when he made those appointments. They were in RECESS.

Then Harry Reid decided to keep the Senate in session during normal recesses by having somebody gavel the Senate into session, wait 3 minutes and gavel the session out for the day. Bush made NO APPOINTMENTS during these times.

So The Republican Leader did the exact same thing as Dirty Harry did. The Senate was gaveled into session and 3 minutes later gaveled out. Obama decided he was above the law and made his appointments and he got his hand slapped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stroudsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why won't IHOP open a restaurant in Wilkes-Barr... (Feb '15) Apr 21 Now_What- 7
East Bangor Dumping... (Jun '16) Apr 20 Nhugs 4
News Hispanics mobilize against city immigration act... (Jun '06) Apr 7 facepalm Friday 663
News WILK, Steve Corbett part ways Mar '17 Rubicon con 1
Shawnee Academy to close (Feb '11) Mar '17 Onelove814 12
Help the paper carriers out. Mar '17 Mark 1
News Who was Roger King? (Feb '08) Mar '17 Elaine 40

Stroudsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stroudsburg Mortgages