Walmart 'failed to protect' dead Bangladesh workers

Posted in the Stroudsburg Forum

cabin

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1 Nov 27, 2012
http://rt.com/news/bangladesh-fire-arson-wal-...

'Walmart has come under attack from labor monitors over the burnt-down garment factory in Bangladesh, which was producing clothes for America’s largest retailer. The company took an evasive position before finally claiming violation of contract.
­On Monday The Nation magazine published photos of charred clothes found in the ruins of the factory with easily-recognizable Faded Glory labels associated with Walmart.
In an interview to The Nation, Executive Director of the Worker’s Rights Consortium Scott Nova accused Walmart’s business model of creating deadly labor conditions in Bangladesh and named the horrible fire as the direct consequence of that model.

Nova, who represents the WRC group that monitors labor worldwide, said that Walmart’s seeking out the “cheapest possible labor costs” in Bangladesh is one of the major reasons for the tragedy. Since the retailer is the largest buyer from Bangladesh it “makes the market” and bears responsibility for what goes on clothing factories in Bangladesh.'

Since: Sep 09

Effort

#2 Nov 27, 2012
The emperor has no clothes..

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Since: Dec 08

Bar Harbor, ME

#3 Nov 27, 2012
I think that little smiley-faced guy that Walmart uses should have been there inspecting the factory.

Clearly.
Larry in VT

Londonderry, VT

#4 Nov 27, 2012
I was watching ABC News yesterday and they said there are over 100 such factories there. And they are all like the one that burned.

These factories ship clothes to MACYS, JC PENNY, SEARS, TARGET, KOHLS, as well as dozens of other stores.

But since Wal Mart is the evil store, naturally they deserve all the blame. So I believe we should demand all the stores raise the price of clothing and send the extra money to those factories so they can upgrade to safer conditions. I KNOW Lefty is with me on this.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#5 Nov 28, 2012
Don't forget Disney. I guess walmart is like smokers, easy target (no pun intended) to blame for all the evils.
ImTiredOf_It

Wellsboro, PA

#7 Dec 8, 2012
Walmart is an Illuminati store. Sam Walton groomed Bill and Hillary Clinton to be Illuminati politicos and allowed vile stores like Walmart and Sam's Club to thrive at the expense of their employees and mom and pop stores.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stroudsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wilkes-Barre Veteran Affairs Medical Center Mar... (Nov '13) Dec 23 Slick Mick 5
Merry Christmas! Dec 23 Slick Mick 3
Wilkes Barre could use instream flow electric g... Dec 23 Paul Bear 2
Build a interactive science museum with grant m... Dec 23 Gabriel 1
OFFICIAL Eric Frein (white Chris Dorner) Discus... Dec 23 Scrooge McGrinch 78
where do you find PROSTITUTES IN STROUDSBURG (Aug '12) Dec 21 Butch 10
How I got the Stroudsburg posters to STFU! Dec 20 pulled pork 2
Stroudsburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Stroudsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Stroudsburg News, Events & Info