LaPierre and the NRA

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#2 Dec 21, 2012
Margaret Sanger

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#3 Dec 21, 2012
The same idiots clamoring against armed personnel in school seem to have no problem that govt. buildings, banks and armored car drivers are all armed. As well as the various bodyguards for the 'famous' bigmouths that screech against guns. So wait, govt. employees, money, and celebrities are more important than and need to be better protected than our kids. Um, ok.

Since: Sep 09

Effort

#4 Dec 21, 2012
Like I said before, we take better security precautions with our banks safe deposit boxes, social security offices than we do with schools. Remove the plain glass, replace with armored glass in all main doors, install mantraps in the entrance doors, classroom doors, just sheet the classroom side with a sheet of armored glass, install remote operated deadbolts in the door that slam in from all 4 directions, top bottom sides and are operated by the teacher with a panic button and the front office. In that man trap install a firing port at opposite sides to be used as necessary. As for a teacher being armed, that should be left up to the teacher but all should go though a mandatory shooting and safety class that would be taught for free probably by the same liberal vilified NRA that teach them now.

Effort

#5 Dec 21, 2012
AunieEm2 wrote:
Margaret Sanger
They have no clue what that means.
Willoughby

Bloomsburg, PA

#6 Dec 21, 2012
AP: Prosecutor says four people are dead, including the suspected gunman, in a shooting in Pennsylvania: http://t.co/ialwxOn0 by the way, there were armed cops there.
Willoughby

Bloomsburg, PA

#7 Dec 21, 2012
AunieEm2 wrote:
Margaret Sanger
She died in 1966. She could hardly be blamed for the murder of 20 children in 2012 or the war on children now! That would be the NRA

Effort

#8 Dec 21, 2012
Willoughby wrote:
<quoted text>
She died in 1966. She could hardly be blamed for the murder of 20 children in 2012 or the war on children now! That would be the NRA
"assist the race toward the elimination of the unfit."
She also recommended that immigration exclude those "whose condition is known to be detrimental to the stamina of the race," and that sterilization and segregation be applied to those with incurable, hereditary disabilities.

She had some pluses and some serious minuses... Just ask the states who sterilized inmates without their permission of knowledge, that was part of her program in eugenics.

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Since: Dec 08

Bar Harbor, ME

#9 Dec 21, 2012
Willoughby wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are just being silly.

If anything, children have been put in harm's way by our government...insisting they be packed like sardines in buildings with no security and a policy against everyone but criminals being disarmed.

MY NRA offers up a level-headed solution of police in every school, rather than the liberal 'plan' of trying to disarm ALL law-abiding Americans, leaving only criminals with guns.

Time to take charge of this situation. Get guns back in the hands of the good guys in schools.

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#10 Dec 21, 2012
Side note to Willo: I see John Kerry is being put up for Susan Rice's job.

What did you say about that, again?

***smirk***
lotta

Falls, PA

#11 Dec 21, 2012
Willoughby wrote:
AP: Prosecutor says four people are dead, including the suspected gunman, in a shooting in Pennsylvania: http://t.co/ialwxOn0 by the way, there were armed cops there.
http://www.wjactv.com/news/news/sources-1-tro...

"The scene covers several miles and happened on Juniata Valley Road just outside Geeseytown.

Courtney Brennan of WPXI-TV in Pittsburgh reported that the suspected gunman was “mobile” at one point and went up and down a rural road and shot victims."

willough- I'm not sure what your point is. It sounds like the cops weren't there from the very beginning but only on scene to end it. And they did.

I think police response times are exactly why many of us want to keep the right to own weapons. This was a rural area. Between you, me, and a pencil, how long do you think it took the cops to get there?
Willoughby

Bloomsburg, PA

#12 Dec 21, 2012
fistv wrote:
<quoted text>
"assist the race toward the elimination of the unfit."
She also recommended that immigration exclude those "whose condition is known to be detrimental to the stamina of the race," and that sterilization and segregation be applied to those with incurable, hereditary disabilities.
She had some pluses and some serious minuses... Just ask the states who sterilized inmates without their permission of knowledge, that was part of her program in eugenics.
She still died in 1966... NRA is the new War on children
Willoughby

Bloomsburg, PA

#13 Dec 21, 2012
Jeff Woehrle wrote:
Side note to Willo: I see John Kerry is being put up for Susan Rice's job.
What did you say about that, again?
***smirk***
Yes, and Romney is not President! President Obama is, Now what were you saying about that <smirk>
Willoughby

Bloomsburg, PA

#14 Dec 21, 2012
lotta wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.wjactv.com/news/news/sources-1-tro...
"The scene covers several miles and happened on Juniata Valley Road just outside Geeseytown.
Courtney Brennan of WPXI-TV in Pittsburgh reported that the suspected gunman was “mobile” at one point and went up and down a rural road and shot victims."
willough- I'm not sure what your point is. It sounds like the cops weren't there from the very beginning but only on scene to end it. And they did.
I think police response times are exactly why many of us want to keep the right to own weapons. This was a rural area. Between you, me, and a pencil, how long do you think it took the cops to get there?
The only point I was making was more deaths....how many more have to die?
lotta

Falls, PA

#15 Dec 21, 2012
Willoughby wrote:
<quoted text>
The only point I was making was more deaths....how many more have to die?
So what was the reference to armed cops about? Sorry, I didn't get that.

Much as you might wish, the second amendment is not going away any time soon. You hold an ideal and then there's reality. I'd suggest spending less time on math and hand wringing and more time on thinking about what we could really do. Why did this shooter go off and was there anything we could have done to stop him before it came to this?

I'll bet people living on or near that road won't think twice now about taking a gun with them to the mailbox. There's no way I'd take away their peace of mind if they feel the need for that.
Willoughby

Bloomsburg, PA

#16 Dec 21, 2012
In 1999, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed 15 people and wounded 23 more at Columbine High School. The destruction occurred despite the fact that there was an armed security officer at the school and another one nearby -- exactly what LaPierre argued on Friday was the answer to stopping "a bad guy with a gun."

All I am saying is that they should ban assault weapons and magazines. I explained myself good in the other thread about CT Shootings. I own a gun and I am not hand wringing. 20 little six year olds were murdered! Do you have children? Think about that, look at their pictures! If he had to stop and load, many deaths could have been prevented.
lotta

Falls, PA

#17 Dec 21, 2012
Willoughby wrote:
In 1999, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed 15 people and wounded 23 more at Columbine High School. The destruction occurred despite the fact that there was an armed security officer at the school and another one nearby -- exactly what LaPierre argued on Friday was the answer to stopping "a bad guy with a gun."
All I am saying is that they should ban assault weapons and magazines. I explained myself good in the other thread about CT Shootings. I own a gun and I am not hand wringing. 20 little six year olds were murdered! Do you have children? Think about that, look at their pictures! If he had to stop and load, many deaths could have been prevented.
willough- I've already said I think a clip limit could buy more time in some cases. Not everyone agrees with that. And yes I have children. That's why I've been trying to look at the whole picture and from all perspectives. There is no easy answer.

I'm not trying to insult you but it sounds like you think you're the only one who cares. I'm sorry, but i have to say that's a little off putting. I have no doubt that everuy person on this forum cares and was horrified at what happened in Newtown already a week ago. Just because someone has a different solution to the problem than your own, it does not mean they care any less than you do.
Willoughby

Bloomsburg, PA

#18 Dec 21, 2012
lotta wrote:
<quoted text>
willough- I've already said I think a clip limit could buy more time in some cases. Not everyone agrees with that. And yes I have children. That's why I've been trying to look at the whole picture and from all perspectives. There is no easy answer.
I'm not trying to insult you but it sounds like you think you're the only one who cares. I'm sorry, but i have to say that's a little off putting. I have no doubt that everuy person on this forum cares and was horrified at what happened in Newtown already a week ago. Just because someone has a different solution to the problem than your own, it does not mean they care any less than you do.
You called me a hand wringer. I was just explaining how I feel. I own a gun but I can't see why the NRA took the tone deaf stand they took today. Putting guards in every school will not solve a darn thing. We need to be serious about gun safety. Giving everyone a gun in insane! This isn't the Wild West!
lotta

Falls, PA

#19 Dec 21, 2012
Willoughby wrote:
<quoted text>
You called me a hand wringer. I was just explaining how I feel. I own a gun but I can't see why the NRA took the tone deaf stand they took today. Putting guards in every school will not solve a darn thing. We need to be serious about gun safety. Giving everyone a gun in insane! This isn't the Wild West!
willough- with all due respect you're sending out mixed messages. On one hand you say you own a gun and I respect your right to do that for any legal reason. But then you mention armed police intervening in another rampage killing and ask how many more must die. I still don't understand the association you were making. Yes, more people died. But can't you see that self defense is as good as any reason to keep a weapon? Had I been armed at Newtown I would have aimed with a dead eye and a full heart. I can't imagine any parent who lost a child there would have felt or done any differently. If you have a different opinion write it down before you throw your pencil. I'll be sure to read it when we take out your body. OK that was a little snarky, dammit. I apologize but all the same please understand I'm feeling just a little bit frustrated.

As for the NRA. What did you expect? A white flag and a laying down of arms? They have an agenda to protect just as any other organization or even a union does.

That said, I'm not against arming schools as an option though I'd rather see each school or school district make their own decision. I already said that earlier elsewhere. And I think it's going to take more than that if we really want to fully address the problem.

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#20 Dec 21, 2012
Willoughby wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so I'm clear on your position, you would favor banning guns, but ignoring that there are already 300 million guns out there. You favor having the law-abiding be disarmed, but have no solution to those who would break the law by carting guns into places for the purpose of killing.

You see amazing efficiency in telling the vast majority of gun owners who don't break the law that their guns are not welcome, but have no plan to keep the criminals and their guns at bay.

I see you are as clueless to this as you were about Susan Rice.

The solution is to do something different than was done in Connecticut. Connecticut banned all guns from the school, yet the killer had his.

Allow law-abiding to have their guns with them at all times. This tragedy may not have turned out any different in that case, but we know how it turned out under the current plan: Sitting ducks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stroudsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mixed Reaction to Closing of Ringling Brothers ... Jan 18 Ringling fan 1
News Write to Know: Does anyone remember Manitou Cot... (Aug '08) Jan 7 Jimmy T 89
Patricia Stark is still charged with homicide o... (Aug '06) Jan 6 People change 45
News Pottsville progressive metal band Tusko films m... Jan 3 we R da WORLD 13
Rebuild luzerne county. Jan 2 Swoyersville Guy 4
News Joseph Musante (Nov '08) Dec 26 rosemarie cobb 14
News Home healthcare nurse giving injection to senio... Dec 24 Kenneth Lerch 1

Stroudsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stroudsburg Mortgages