cabin

East Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

http://news.yahoo.com/professor-bans-citing-f...

'A syllabus for a political science course at West Liberty University instructs students that they must filter out two potential research sources, reports WTOV, a nearby NBC affiliate.

According to Fox News, ironically enough, the syllabus says (with grammatical errors preserved for posterity):

DO NOT use

1) The Onion — this is not news this is literally a parody

2) Fox News — The tagline “Fox News” makes me cringe. Please do not subject me to this biased news station. I would almost rather you print off an article from the Onion'

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Fox news has dramatically lost its following once people realized that those that depeneded on them for their news were really placed in an imaginary bubble of misinformation.(Ex. last election)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

In other words, I am not surprised at all.
Larry

Waterbury Center, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

slush wrote:
Fox news has dramatically lost its following once people realized that those that depeneded on them for their news were really placed in an imaginary bubble of misinformation.(Ex. last election)
So how come they still draw more viewers than the other cable "news" stations combined?

I love people who don't watch FOX. Critics even agree they have put an excellent firewall between their news organization and the opinion programming on the network. The others blurred the line long ago.
loose stool

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

slush wrote:
Better I reckon to be placed in an actual bubble of misinformation.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xwE0rBDpg1Y/STdWhSY...

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

The misinformation seems to be coming from the folks who have no imagination and are frightened by opinions not fed to them by their dear leader. Thinking for themselves is an anathema to them.
Larry

Waterbury Center, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Whatever happened to colleges teaching students HOW to think? Today all they do is teach the students WHAT to think.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
So how come they still draw more viewers than the other cable "news" stations combined?
I love people who don't watch FOX. Critics even agree they have put an excellent firewall between their news organization and the opinion programming on the network. The others blurred the line long ago.
That statement is no longer accurate. They lost many followers.
loose stool

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

slush wrote:
<quoted text>That statement is no longer accurate. They lost many followers.
You be wrong again "dog" http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/02/15/c...
P2+(000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
Total Day
FNC 1,220 252 496
CNN 565 175 259
MSNBC 476 127 209
CNBC 150 42 76
FBN 55 10 29
HLN 221 85 118
Primetime P2+(000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC 2,140 321 769
CNN 1,025 296 454
MSNBC 867 245 404
CNBC 145 70 94
FBN 41 13 22
HLN 348 116 148

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

I am sure that for every link you show to the contrary, I can certainly find one that says otherwise. Fox viewers were very disillusioned after the election, which also burst their bubble and they saw the haze they were in, resulting in a loss in credibility for the network.

And watch the name calling,simpleton.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

I suspect that all networks lost viewers after the election. Most rational people were just sick of the campaign.
Larry

Waterbury Center, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

slush wrote:
I am sure that for every link you show to the contrary, I can certainly find one that says otherwise. Fox viewers were very disillusioned after the election, which also burst their bubble and they saw the haze they were in, resulting in a loss in credibility for the network.
Slush, I'm surprised a person who claims to be so smart refuses to even hear the other side of the political aisle. And yet you say things that are in complete agreement with Conservative values.

The website Stool is quoting is the one the networks follow daily. It shows the number of viewers for every channel including the Food Network.

So while FOX has indeed lost viewers, it still remains far ahead of the competition.

It's a closed mind that refuses to hear both sides of an argument. And at least FOX airs both sides. "Special Report with Bret Baier" has people like Juan Williams, Mara Liasson (NPR), Kirsten Powers, Dennis Kucinich, as well as the editorial writer for the Washington Post as panelists. All committed Democrats.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

slush wrote:
Link(s) please. Because you are sure.
loose stool

Milford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

slush wrote:
In other words, I am not surprised at all.
Shouldn't that be "WE are not surprised"?

EGO tantum votum ut moneo vos of vestri sublimis statua

Please, we beseech you!

pluralis maiestatis

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

loose stool wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't that be "WE are not surprised"?
EGO tantum votum ut moneo vos of vestri sublimis statua
Please, we beseech you!
pluralis maiestatis
Like she needs reminding.
loose stool

Milford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

AunieEm2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like she needs reminding.
I hope you collected more eggs then me this morning

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

hennypennyhag wrote:
<quoted text>
Link(s) please. Because you are sure.
Just a few:

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/11118/2013010...

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/02/...
Shirley

Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

crickets.
Larry

Waterbury Center, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Slush, your first article was that Hannity lost viewership. Yes, he did, but where did they go? Rachel Madcow? Nope. Our side lost the election and many of us just stopped watching, period. That's human nature. Does that mean we won't come back to these shows? Nope.

When Bill Clinton won the Presidency everybody said Limbaugh was finished. Nope. When Bubba was reelected, again everybody said Limbaugh was finished. His audience grew. When he told the truth about Sandra Fluke, everybody said he was going off the air tomorrow. Didn't happen. And his audience is still the largest in all of radio. Hannity is second and Beck is third.

Your second article was an opinion piece, not a news story. So that is discounted right off the top.

So let's stick with the fact that FOX is still the number one cable news outlet even with a loss of viewers. All that really means is that nobody watches the others to begin with.

As long as FOX doesn't march in lockstep with the rest of the mainstream media by fawning over Ostupid, people like you will continue to criticize them. And the more you do that, the more viewers they get.

Slush, I must ask you this: Just what is so wrong with hearing both sides? Why do you want one side crushed? Is it just because you don't agree with them? Do you only want to hear one side of an issue? Are you that shallow?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Stroudsburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Stroudsburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Stroudsburg People Search