School shooting compels entertainment...

School shooting compels entertainment changes

Posted in the Stroudsburg Forum

cabin

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1 Dec 18, 2012
http://news.yahoo.com/school-shooting-compels...

'Showtime gave its viewers a special warning Sunday before the season finales of the thriller series "Homeland," and "Dexter," a series about a serial killer.

"In light of the tragedy that has occurred in Connecticut, the following program contains images that may be disturbing," said the disclaimer before both programs.'

Well DUH!!

A series about a serial killer!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#2 Dec 20, 2012
cabin wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/school-s hooting-compels-entertainment- changes-214144717.html
'Showtime gave its viewers a special warning Sunday before the season finales of the thriller series "Homeland," and "Dexter," a series about a serial killer.
"In light of the tragedy that has occurred in Connecticut, the following program contains images that may be disturbing," said the disclaimer before both programs.'
Well DUH!!
A series about a serial killer!!!!!!!!!!
I'm just catching up on "24" So much violence it's sleep inducing. How did that one make it for such a long run?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 20, 2012
I personally do not watch anything with violence. How can anybody see that as entertaining I'll never know.Even the Sopranos, which was a very well made sequel, lost me as an audience member as soon as the first person was shot. Between violence on TV and video games, our youth is numb to the disregard of other human beings. Not even our children are immune.

“Hmmmmmmmm!”

Since: Sep 09

Wilkes-Barre

#4 Dec 20, 2012
slush wrote:
I personally do not watch anything with violence. How can anybody see that as entertaining I'll never know.Even the Sopranos, which was a very well made sequel, lost me as an audience member as soon as the first person was shot. Between violence on TV and video games, our youth is numb to the disregard of other human beings. Not even our children are immune.
I have been watching violent tv and movies all my life and even shooting a deer for food bothers me, but i will shoot it. If TV can influence you your already screwed up.

Since: Sep 09

Effort

#5 Dec 21, 2012
I like to be entertained so I'm somewhat selective on what I watch, love SF, mystery's, suspense and comedy. The violence does nothing for me of course the way most directors portray violence is pretty dam hilarious once you have been there and done that. Like person of interest and elementary,The Neighbors, Haven and Grimm, love Dr Who but I have been watching that since Tom Baker was the Doctor.
Larry

Manchester, NH

#6 Dec 21, 2012
slush wrote:
There used to be a TV show called "The Rifleman" with Chuck Connors. The character took a rifle and turned it into what would be called an "assault" rifle today, he could fire the rifle rapidly at the bad guys.

That TV show was a staple in our living rooms every week, and it did not cause anybody to go out, make a copy and commit mass murder.
ambler

Bloomsburg, PA

#7 Dec 21, 2012
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
There used to be a TV show called "The Rifleman" with Chuck Connors. The character took a rifle and turned it into what would be called an "assault" rifle today, he could fire the rifle rapidly at the bad guys.
That TV show was a staple in our living rooms every week, and it did not cause anybody to go out, make a copy and commit mass murder.
But back then, we were raised with morals. We knew right from wrong, even if we ignored it in our younger years, as I admit I did.

Today's parents are often so lenient about behaviors, so bent on living in a house bigger than they need or can really afford and working long hours and neglecting their kids, and so obsessed with their own "freedoms" to the exclusion of societal goods that their offspring really don't know right from wrong.

I mean, "Jersey Shore"??? Really?
Larry

Moretown, VT

#8 Dec 22, 2012
Or the "Housewives of..." What's next, Housewives of Des Moines?

There's only one TV show I look foward to watching. Deadliest Catch. Ice Road Truckers can be interesting too. But sometimes I would rather just watch the fire in the woodstove as that can be much more interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stroudsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yedlock-Moro Aug 24 skidmark in my un... 1
News Rape suspect testifies at trial (Dec '08) Aug 21 Kocher 7
Xanax (Dec '11) Aug 13 imonlyhereforthec... 2
drugs (Jul '13) Aug 13 imonlyhereforthec... 4
Turkish Military Coup Attempt Plotted In Poconos Aug 8 Poconos Gulenist 2
News Write to Know: Does anyone remember Manitou Cot... (Aug '08) Aug 7 rob 87
News Joseph Musante (Nov '08) Aug 1 Tom 13

Stroudsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance