Crews Responding To Fatal Accident North Of Stroud

There are 76 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Aug 22, 2009, titled Crews Responding To Fatal Accident North Of Stroud. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

One person is dead after a traffic accident Saturday on Highway 99, about six miles north of Stroud.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Traveller

Talala, OK

#1 Aug 22, 2009
Sad to hear :(

And to the trooper who was headed west bound on the Turnpike that turned around in one of those half u turns along the road there who was most likely responding to this accident, you almost created an accident for the east bound traffic when you whipped your patrol car around that thing. Use some common sense next time.

Since: Jun 09

Owasso, OK

#2 Aug 22, 2009
Well if he had his lights on and you could see him coming even a block away, the east bound cars would have time to scoot over and gradually slow down until he was through. This was a bad wreck and I am glad that the trooper indeed didn't cause another accident. Prayers to those who were injured.
ANRS4MANY

AOL

#3 Aug 22, 2009
KOTV..please keep us updated on this story.
Ima Betch

Tulsa, OK

#4 Aug 22, 2009
Now Now, remember the OHP can do no wrong! Has one of the Boys behind badges ever been terminated?
One2Many

Miami, OK

#5 Aug 22, 2009
There's just too many fatal wrecks on this stretch of highway. Speeders doing over 80 from Tulsa to OKC or visa versa. People need to slow down and live, so others can live too.
Sam

Stillwater, OK

#7 Aug 23, 2009
Actually that trooper was responding to a guy beating the crap out of a female on the side of the turnpike so for all you do-gooders.. why didn't ya stop and help the poor woman instead of driving by and calling 911.. Oh wait thats because you are not willing to get involved and help.. you just want to bag on officers who risk their lives everyday without a second thought of if they get to go home to their families every night so you can sleep in peace and bitch on some blog.
Instead of bitching .. how about use that energy and say some prayers for the families of the injured and deceased
ThePatriot

Sand Springs, OK

#8 Aug 23, 2009
I am sorry to hear about the accident.
I am also sorry that the focus of this story has been removed from the subject to a disgruntled driver on the Turnpike. I appreciate Sam filling us in as to the call that the Trooper was on. I actually believe that he is probably right.
To the families of the victims of this horrible crash on HWY 99, I am praying for all of you involved.
EMSGirl

Tulsa, OK

#9 Aug 23, 2009
A friend of mine was the one of the emergency responders on this accident. She said it was one of the worst calls shes ever seen. Im praying for the families and all of the workers that were involved in working on this accident.

Since: Mar 09

Tulsa, OK

#10 Aug 23, 2009
Oh well my prayers are with the families of the victims
him

Claremore, OK

#11 Aug 23, 2009
This sucks. Pray for their well being
GRIEVING FAMILY MEMBER

Ames, OK

#12 Aug 23, 2009
For those of you wishing our families well, and praying for us, we thank you. And for those of you who just want to gripe about the troopers, DO IT ANOTHER TIME.
jdbl

Wagoner, OK

#13 Aug 23, 2009
No seatbelts, one dead, several in critical condition. Seatbelts in use, all in fair and stable condition. I know sometimes they are uncomfortable, and we Americans don't like someone telling us we have to do something, but seatbelts really do save lives. My thoughts and prayers to both families. Please learn from their suffering and loss and wear your seatbelt. It is your life you could save.
mika

Denver, CO

#14 Aug 23, 2009
I am ashamed of almost all of you on here. Bag on a cop who is helping. You saw him coming, move over for him. Good God you slow down when you see a hi-po, ridiculous.
To the family members, I've been in Arkansas and had not heard of this. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. My well wishes, prayers and positive thoughts for you and your loved ones.
bild

Tulsa, OK

#15 Aug 23, 2009
jdbl wrote:
No seatbelts, one dead, several in critical condition. Seatbelts in use, all in fair and stable condition. I know sometimes they are uncomfortable, and we Americans don't like someone telling us we have to do something, but seatbelts really do save lives. My thoughts and prayers to both families. Please learn from their suffering and loss and wear your seatbelt. It is your life you could save.
seatbelts would have not helped one single passenger in that car that got t-boned. get off your soap box please. signed, seatbelt laws s--k
KLB

United States

#17 Aug 23, 2009
My friend was in the 3rd car of that wreack and said it was terrible THANK GOD her and her 2 kids were not harmed,but there was a child in another car that was please pray for this child and his family

Since: Jun 09

Owasso, OK

#18 Aug 23, 2009
bild wrote:
<quoted text>seatbelts would have not helped one single passenger in that car that got t-boned. get off your soap box please. signed, seatbelt laws s--k
Maybe not but if the driver knew that his passengers didn't have enough seats to wear a seat belt each and have room for a 3 year old in a car seat, then maybe he should have concentrated a little ahrder on not pulling into 80 mph traffic. Let alone be transporting them anywhere altogether. I do not want to even begin to say I know the circumstances but geez! Were all of the people in the can related, does anyone know? And what is so important about transporting so many people to one place in one vehicle when I can count several that were old enough to drive yet a second seat belt ridden vehicle. I hope they all recover quickly and do send prayers, I am not totally heartless. But common sense outways any of what this story states happened.
bild

Tulsa, OK

#19 Aug 23, 2009
WhattheHess wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not but if the driver knew that his passengers didn't have enough seats to wear a seat belt each and have room for a 3 year old in a car seat, then maybe he should have concentrated a little ahrder on not pulling into 80 mph traffic. Let alone be transporting them anywhere altogether. I do not want to even begin to say I know the circumstances but geez! Were all of the people in the can related, does anyone know? And what is so important about transporting so many people to one place in one vehicle when I can count several that were old enough to drive yet a second seat belt ridden vehicle. I hope they all recover quickly and do send prayers, I am not totally heartless. But common sense outways any of what this story states happened.
maybe i misread the story but i don't believe this accident happened on the autobahn. i believe it was at a county road and state highway intersection. the car was obviously over-loaded and was never equipped to handle that many passengers safely.
Always an Okie

United States

#20 Aug 23, 2009
Did anyone think that Mr. Frazier could have been in the mini van pictured? Oh wait, I forgot that you'd rather jump to your own conclusions that they were crammed in a car.

To the families of all involved, I pray for peace and healing.
urmomma

Tulsa, OK

#21 Aug 23, 2009
Just aweful.
ice

Tulsa, OK

#22 Aug 23, 2009
Always an Okie wrote:
Did anyone think that Mr. Frazier could have been in the mini van pictured? Oh wait, I forgot that you'd rather jump to your own conclusions that they were crammed in a car.
It's quite clear the white mustang sustained a side impact,so it's pretty safe to say that was frazier's vehicle.....btw it's not your red stapler

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stroud Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Prague Pharmacy May 7 Patience 1
Stevie Ray Vaughan was a Christian (Nov '08) Apr '15 Colinsextonleader... 31
recall judge cynthia ashwood now! (Feb '12) Apr '15 Celeste 4
News Grandparents of slain 5-year-old girl are grant... (Jul '11) Mar '15 Onstage 14
News OSBI Hopes Reward Cracks Open Cold Case (Jun '07) Feb '15 Jean Bustos 9
What about Attorney Craig Key?? (Jun '12) Feb '15 Onstage 725
What happened to Freddies Feb '15 Drkhrse01 1
More from around the web

Stroud People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]