Physical Mental Relationship Abuse

Physical Mental Relationship Abuse

Posted in the Stroud Forum

Dark Challenger

AOL

#1 Apr 28, 2008
Domestic violence and abuse
Special note:
Although men also suffer from domestic abuse and violence, women are five to eight times more likely than men to be victimized by an intimate partner. Because men are more often the abusers, abusers are referred to as "he" in this article.
Domestic abuse, also known as spousal abuse, occurs when one person in an intimate relationship or marriage tries to dominate and control the other person. An abuser doesn’t “play fair.” He uses fear, guilt, shame, and intimidation to wear you down and gain complete power over you. He may threaten you, hurt you, or hurt those around you. Domestic abuse that includes physical violence is called domestic violence.

Victims of domestic abuse or domestic violence may be men or women, although women are more commonly victimized. This abuse happens among heterosexual couples and in same-sex partnerships. Except for the gender difference, domestic abuse doesn’t discriminate. It happens within all age ranges, ethnic backgrounds, and financial levels. The abuse may occur during a relationship, while the couple is breaking up, or after the relationship has ended.

Despite what many people believe, domestic violence is not due to the abuser’s loss of control over his behavior. In fact, violence is a deliberate choice made by the abuser in order to take control over his wife or partner.

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/domestic_viol...
Dark Challenger

AOL

#2 May 10, 2008
"Domestic abuse, also known as spousal abuse, occurs when one person in an intimate relationship or marriage tries to dominate and control the other person. An abuser doesn’t “play fair.” He uses fear, guilt, shame, and intimidation to wear you down and gain complete power over you. He may threaten you, hurt you, or hurt those around you."

(Or stalk)

"Despite what many people believe, domestic violence is not due to the abuser’s loss of control over his behavior. In fact, violence is a deliberate choice made by the abuser in order to take control over his wife or partner."

Verbal abuse and stalking is another form of abuse,(if the abuser is in close proximity to his intended victim). However, the abuser will never see himself as the perp, but always the victim who then demands vindication, and his target of hate, as "deserving" of all the abuse he can heap on her. This is typical narcissitic blame placing, which is the usual pattern of a self absorbed, egocentric dysfunctional personality who is unable or unwilling to accept responsibilty for his own behavior, and personal failures in the relationship........or in life.
The End

AOL

#3 May 10, 2008
What a coincidence you mentioning Diana.

I received an email from her today.

She was asking me to come back to her again.

1st Class with an ocean view.

But there is where you and I differ.

I will not do it for money.
Dark Challenger

AOL

#4 May 10, 2008
The End wrote:
What a coincidence you mentioning Diana.
I received an email from her today.
She was asking me to come back to her again.
1st Class with an ocean view.
But there is where you and I differ.
I will not do it for money.
ROFLMAO Blues, I wouldn't believe that in a million years. She would have to be CRAZY to go back into the kind of OCD shit that you put out.

Plus, you wouldn't still be badgering me if you REALLY had anything going for yourself. Your hate and viciousness would spill out all over ANY "relationship" you attempted.

But.......you WOULD sell your ass for money, just like you've sold your soul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stroud Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Low income housing. Chandler place & Indian Spr... Sep 17 Irritated 1
Election Who do you support for District Judge in Oklaho... (Oct '10) Aug '17 Feelingsmart 2
h1n1 (Oct '09) Apr '17 Nutrigeek 3
News OSBI Hopes Reward Cracks Open Cold Case (Jun '07) Apr '17 Ateupcowgirl 21
What happened to Freddies (Feb '15) Mar '17 Felix Maytubby 4
Sharpe's Store (Feb '17) Feb '17 whjohnson80 1
News Grandparents of slain 5-year-old girl are grant... (Jul '11) Nov '16 The wronged 15

Stroud Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stroud Mortgages