Car Accident Kills Oklahoma High Scho...

Car Accident Kills Oklahoma High School Golf Star

There are 72 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Jul 26, 2010, titled Car Accident Kills Oklahoma High School Golf Star. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

STROUD, OK A car accident near Stroud killed a Shawnee teenager Monday. Kyle Lewis was returning from the All State Golf Tournament in Tulsa.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
wasp

Sapulpa, OK

#1 Jul 26, 2010
So very sad. Was this on the Turner Turnpike?
Jeff

Sapulpa, OK

#2 Jul 26, 2010
Stories of this nature often tests our faith. A bright and talented young man with a lot going for himself gone at such a young age. I would like to extend my deepest sympathy to the family of this young man, and I pray his family will find the strength they need to cope with their loss.
Bixby Mom

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Jul 27, 2010
What a tragic loss, this young man had his whole future ahead of him. Much sympathy and prayers for his family and this time of grief.
Bob

Tulsa, OK

#6 Jul 27, 2010
Was this a single car accident?
Carrott Top

Park Hill, OK

#7 Jul 27, 2010
That is so so sad!
Bethel2010

Coweta, OK

#8 Jul 27, 2010
Kyle was a great guy who would give you the shirt off of his back. Not one person can say a negative thing about him. We all love him and miss him dearly. It was an honor to graduate with someone as outsanding as him and I'm greatful for knowing someone as great as him.
sheaseals

Tulsa, OK

#9 Jul 27, 2010
How terrible, sorry to his family and friends, there is simply no justice in this life when a kid of this caliber is gone while scum roam the streets.
Tray

United States

#10 Jul 27, 2010
OMG - I saw this crash right after it happened. My heart goes out to his family.
hottrod

Jenks, OK

#11 Jul 27, 2010
sheaseals wrote:
How terrible, sorry to his family and friends, there is simply no justice in this life when a kid of this caliber is gone while scum roam the streets.
This would never have happened if we had banned all motorized vehicles! Huh Shea !
Concered citizen

Locust Grove, OK

#12 Jul 27, 2010
I saw this accident yesterday right after it happened. My heart goes out to his family and friends. What a horrible tragedy. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
concerned

Ada, OK

#13 Jul 27, 2010
God bless this family and please check telephone records
same town

Shawnee, OK

#14 Jul 27, 2010
He was just in his prime and to go so early in life my felings go out to his entire family.

“More than just a Resident”

Since: Jul 10

Glenpool, aka Meth Capital

#15 Jul 27, 2010
This is tragic, but it sucks that the tragedy is considered bigger because he had the potential to make big bucks playing golf. Does the world need more Tigers?

No wonder society is going down the tubes. The value of life is determined first by cash and then maybe by some of the things money can't buy.
Jeff

Frisco, TX

#16 Jul 28, 2010
Sad and my condolences to the family. I drive an 18 wheeler and this was my first experience on the Turnpike and in OK. I saw the police at the scene as I passed. I wanted to check the local news today about what happened. Truly saddens me. May God bless his family.
Uncleremus

Tulsa, OK

#17 Jul 28, 2010
Meth Capital Bloviator wrote:
This is tragic, but it sucks that the tragedy is considered bigger because he had the potential to make big bucks playing golf. Does the world need more Tigers?
No wonder society is going down the tubes. The value of life is determined first by cash and then maybe by some of the things money can't buy.
The tragedy is bigger because of the efforts he put in during life. You need to get a life.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#18 Jul 28, 2010
^i^
Golf Coach

Tulsa, OK

#19 Jul 28, 2010
Wow. You really don't get it, do you. It is human nature to be attracted to people of outstanding abilities. Public adoration doesn't have nearly as much to do with money as you seem to think. Has much more to do with character and talent and acomplishments. The money that often comes is just a by product of that.
Merry

Park Hill, OK

#20 Jul 28, 2010
Good Gosh your a goober!! I'm trying to be nice!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#21 Jul 28, 2010
Can't we all just bang a gong?

“More than just a Resident”

Since: Jul 10

Glenpool, aka Meth Capital

#23 Jul 28, 2010
Golf Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You really don't get it, do you. It is human nature to be attracted to people of outstanding abilities. Public adoration doesn't have nearly as much to do with money as you seem to think. Has much more to do with character and talent and acomplishments. The money that often comes is just a by product of that.
No I do get it. Human nature is not supreme. In fact it is often cruel. Look at the gang bangers, etc. Look at the hip hop stars who inspire untold numbers of blacks to be thugs instead of citizens. So I do get it. We need to be more than just a product of our nature if we want better out of this life.

I'm not saying the kid wasn't great in his own right, but so many think it's sad because he was going to make a lot of money. He can't now because he's dead. He couldn't have taken it with him had he died later.

I get it, and that is why I comment. I think its a bigger tragedy if the kid would have one day been the father to kids that he brought up to live good lives. That's more rare than money today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stroud Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
h1n1 (Oct '09) Apr '17 Nutrigeek 3
News OSBI Hopes Reward Cracks Open Cold Case (Jun '07) Apr '17 Ateupcowgirl 21
What happened to Freddies (Feb '15) Mar '17 Felix Maytubby 4
Sharpe's Store Feb '17 whjohnson80 1
News Grandparents of slain 5-year-old girl are grant... (Jul '11) Nov '16 The wronged 15
Ashley Kincaid- Massure/Hooker (Nov '16) Nov '16 Honest Honesty 1
Church of the First Born.........cult (Aug '07) Nov '16 emmett 164

Stroud Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stroud Mortgages