Mountain Lion Photographed In Souther...

Mountain Lion Photographed In Southern Oklahoma

There are 124 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Jan 5, 2010, titled Mountain Lion Photographed In Southern Oklahoma. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

An Atoka pharmacist says five pictures captured by his special camera in a rural area of Atoka County have Oklahoma Department of Wildlife officials talking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

Samuel Pike

Douglas, GA

#104 Mar 4, 2011
Tater Tot wrote:
I killed one in Broken Arrow.
I seen the pic and article in the BA ledger, I thought it was illegal to kill moutain lions, have you seen anymore?
Wrong

Tulsa, OK

#105 Mar 4, 2011
Keep Off wrote:
Mountain lions are harmless. I just peeked out my window and saw THREE in my yard. I don't mind the mountain lions playing in my yard (snip)...
Those are your neighbor's kitty cats. Mountain lions are much bigger.
longcarl77

Tulsa, OK

#106 Apr 23, 2011
the wildlife dept always denies this!I don"t know why,a lot of hunters have pictures on our web cams that prove their there.And we are grown up enough to accept it,a bobcat and a mountain lion look no where alike,a mountain lion is much larger with a long tail say nothing about the color.
Farris

United States

#107 Sep 26, 2011
I live at Farris in Atoka County. We have a local neighborhood Mountain Lion. My daughter saw it in her back yard, than a week later a deer was killed a mile north of her house in the driveway of our neighbor. It appeared to have been quite a match. The ground was tore up. Another neighbor was driving his tractor down this same road and saw the lion. He said it just set there and looked at him.
undead

Muskogee, OK

#108 Sep 26, 2011
link anyone?
crazy

Hugo, OK

#109 Sep 26, 2011
that's scary if you took those pictures and live there. But didnt wildlife management put these mountain lions all over southeast oklahoma like 10-15 years .
undead

Hugo, OK

#110 Sep 26, 2011
yeah they did
butch

Hugo, OK

#111 Sep 26, 2011
oh wow
hereitis

Sand Springs, OK

#112 Sep 27, 2011
hereitis

Sand Springs, OK

#113 Sep 27, 2011
The first one doesn't seem to work. try this

http://www.topix.com/city/atoka-ok
hereitis

Sand Springs, OK

#114 Sep 27, 2011
%$&%%!!! links to Atoka Topix won't work. Just go there if you're looking for pictures. White flagging the links.
Just Watching

Broken Arrow, OK

#115 Sep 27, 2011
You should kill it!
PMaxwell

Pryor, OK

#116 Mar 17, 2012
My daughter saw one about five days ago walking the tree line by our home here SE of Pryor by Pryor Creek.
okiebuckonly

Mcalester, OK

#117 Mar 23, 2012
Mountain lion in oklahoma , Missouri and Connecticut have been DNA traced to South Dakota. They do cover large areas but not 1500 miles. I do not blame the state wildlife departments but the National fish and wildlife service is transporting lion , bear, wolves and anything else they want to anywhere they want. My guess that the state wildlife departments deny it for so long is that they are not informed of the releases on federal lands in the states. Same story for Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas and others. Game cams are now the new "De-liar" and so instead of state agencies covering for what the feds are doing they have to respond. In almost every case it takes road kills or game cams to get action, in some states such as Missouri, they decide to fine anyone killing lions. In Oklahoma our State legislature approved killing Mountain lions if in a threatened situation. Just being face to face with one is a threatening situation.
Master Buckanator

Mckinney, TX

#118 Jan 26, 2013
We have plenty of cats down here on Muddy Boggy River in Crystal,Ok. Seen plenty of tracks and dead half buried deer kills
Rick horse trainer

Madison, WI

#119 Mar 25, 2013
NW Wagoner County has a definite coyote predation problem, neighbor lost calves and calving cows. I lost a new foal a couple of years ago.
What are the laws concerning shooting these varmints day or night?
J Steel S

Bonsall, CA

#120 Apr 10, 2013
Out here we have tens of thousands of mountain lions, so many in fact we call them California Cougars. Only twice in history have people been killed by them so you don't have to worry. In fact my wife and friend were with me when an approx. 175 lb one walked right by us while we were eating dinner at a picnic table at dusk. My friend goes, "A mountain lion!" and I said, "Yeah rightttttt" then I saw it. It walked casually by us five feet away and nobody moved a muscle or said a word. I'll never forget that look in it's eye......"You may be a predator but you're lucky I'm not hungry."
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#121 Apr 11, 2013
I saw Bigfoot riding a giant Panther at Pitts Crossing.
Hugo Mama

Hugo, OK

#122 Apr 15, 2013
I live in SE Oklahoma and we do have quite a few mountain lions down here. I have seen them with my own eyes. They were NOT bobcats. I don't know of any killing humans but they ABSOLUTELY DO eat domestic dogs and livestock. A couple of years ago a gentleman in my home town walked up on a mountain lion eating a dog in the cemetery right in the middle of town. The man was out walking (exercising) about 5 am.
Aint lyin

Norman, OK

#123 May 17, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
I saw Bigfoot riding a giant Panther at Pitts Crossing.
We had a neighborhood Bigfoot family in our community near Antlers, but they fell prey to wild hogs. A hog consumes everything skin and bones so there was no evidence to prove it....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stringtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bobby (Beau) Butler Aug 8 Crazy 6
girls name (May '13) Jul '16 Luther 3
the grandson terry,barbara&tami callicoat want ... Jul '16 CRENGLAND 2
Coal County District 2 commissioner candidates Jun '16 Amy Bradshaw 1
Coagate Sherffs Office (Mar '15) May '16 Deserve the Truth 8
Billy gray class about 2000 (Feb '16) Feb '16 Sam 1
News Gay rights advocates criticize 2 dozen Oklahoma... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Belles Echoes 5

Stringtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stringtown Mortgages