Dozens look for Ill. mom missing sinc...

Dozens look for Ill. mom missing since fatal crash

There are 9 comments on the Topeka Capital-Journal story from Dec 7, 2010, titled Dozens look for Ill. mom missing since fatal crash. In it, Topeka Capital-Journal reports that:

Dozens of searchers braved frigid temperatures on Tuesday to search a remote area in northern Illinois for a 40-year-old mother of four who has been missing since a weekend car crash that killed her husband.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Topeka Capital-Journal.

Nutinspecial

Noblesville, IN

#1 Dec 9, 2010
Start looking at any camera at that Power plant and time card punches and see who left or came in around the time this happened.
joe

Severn, MD

#2 Dec 9, 2010
Take snowmobiles and drive along each side of the road. It's possible she could have collapsed near the edge of the road and a snowplow could have taken her down the road a great distance. Could be several miles in both directions.
Keith

Joliet, IL

#3 Dec 9, 2010
there weren't any plow trucks for hours after the accident she would have been found before then. and there isn't enough snow to even cover a body.
Alski

Geneva, IL

#4 Dec 10, 2010
I have a feeling that any search effort isn't going to produce a body living or otherwise. My gut tells me the accident was staged. Some people believe that she was picked up by some shady character. What are the chances even though I know they do exist but what are the chances that some rapist / murderer just happened to be traveling along that road at that exact time. As far as believing she wandered off
injured,confused or both is slim to none. It was very cold that night. She wasn't dressed for the weather she was dressed for a dinner party and on top of that she allegedly only has one shoe? How far could she wander before she'd collapse from the elements? Also if she was injured why is there no trail of blood plus they found one of her foot prints? Also I have hear5d that her cellphone was in the car but his was not and authorities are still receiving pings from that phone in the area. Theory is it may have been thrown from the vehicle during the crash? However they said it is highly unlikely that a cellphone lying in the cold and snow would still have a working battery?? Here's my armchair detective theory...The vehicle they were in was run off the road by something larger possibly a tow truck? Driven by someone she knew. A boyfriend maybe?
He assaulted the husband and broke his neck. The car was then hooked to the tow truck dragged at a pretty good rate of speed into the telephone pole. She waited outside of the vehicle until this was done. After the car was wrecked and the crash scene set in her haste she climbed into the tow truck one of her shoes slipped off. The cellphone thing could have been a mistake. Maybe she thought she grabbed hers? Or maybe for some reason left hers intentionally. Point is if she did survive and had access to possibly two different cellphones why didn't she try to use them to call for help? Also were any calls made from either of those that night? CHECK RECORDS WITH PROVIDER.I think the cops know a little more than they are letting on. I think they are giving her/them a little false sense of security in hopes they'll slip up. Fact is how could this crash be so bad that he died and probably instantly from a broken neck. Yet she walked away from it? And as I mentioned apparently without a scratch cuz there's no sign of blood from her leaving the vehicle??Lots of holes in this one....
Alski

Geneva, IL

#5 Dec 10, 2010
Followup....that's why the car hit the pole in reverse. It's easier to pull a car from behind without locking the wheel and have it follow the vehicle that's pulling it. If you pull from the front
and do not secure the steering wheel the car being pulled will immediately go left or right and not straight. Pulling it from behind the rear wheels are fixed. They will have a greater tendency to go in the direction of the towing vehicle and the front wheels will be more apt to track along. Granted there will still be some veering from side to side but not as severe.
D schrute

United States

#6 Dec 12, 2010
rediculas
Grinch

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 12, 2010
Duz dis place hav spell check? It needs it!
KMiller

Long Island City, NY

#8 Dec 13, 2010
Alski - That is a pretty far fetched scenario. These were 2 people happily married, she comes from a town of 450 people where her children are her life. Check her FB page, she constantly updated her comings and going on there. To say she had her husband tortured in a way that he was...what? Trapped in the car when her supposed boyfriend in the tow truck came along and towed him into a pole while she watched? That is so ridiculous. It is more likely they drank too much at the party, making them both disoriented. There had to be another vehicle involved, I agree with that part. But, IMO, they were heading home when there was a possible case of road rage, or maybe they were going to slow for somebody and someone tried to pass them and ended up running them off the road. The car slides, spins out of control and hits the pole. He must have been driving pretty fast though, in order for the impact to kill him. I think she had to crawl over him to get out of the car,(don't know if passenger side was caved in or what), but the reports were that the footprints came from the driver's side of the car. So she wandered up to the road to wait for help, shes in shock and therefore doesn't grab her phone. At that point, I think unfortunately she got hit by a passing car or truck and was thrown. She is probably in a ditch some where. The only reason that the ditch theory doesn't fit however, is that she was wearing a bright red dress and there is not enough snow to cover her completely. Which leads me to believe that perhaps whoever hit her was drunk, illegal, stoned, or all and took her to cover what happened. Could also be that whoever ran them off the road saw her stumble out of the car, or came back to see the aftermath and saw her on the road, and then took her to again, cover the initial accident. I don't think she was snatched by a rapist/murderer, but I also don't think she staged this.
goose

Lady Lake, FL

#9 Dec 13, 2010
Someone just told me that works at the power plant and a reliable she was found at her boyfriends. I hope this is true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Streator Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kabrina Corso behind bars again! (May '16) Oct '16 Daby0729 5
Tiffany Dream Bockelman (Dec '10) Aug '16 Beautiful angels 5
Prada aka Jeffrey Durbin (Nov '15) Jan '16 Chris fazio 7
News Comments (Jan '16) Jan '16 Anonymous 2
News Some want to outlaw Islam (Dec '15) Dec '15 Trump is right 6
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Illinois (Gru... (Oct '10) Aug '15 Walt Lomgmire - S... 44
help plz trying to find my family (Jan '11) Jun '15 Gif 8

Streator Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Streator Mortgages