Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in ...

Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in Streamwood

There are 9 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 19, 2007, titled Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in Streamwood. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Two tickets have won the grand prize from the latest Mega Millions lotto drawing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Dewey Cox

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 19, 2007
Hmmm... Wonder if they're looking to adopt?
MinisterP

Chicago, IL

#2 Dec 19, 2007
Shhh I won. Now I can give up my "ministry"
Get Real

Cary, IL

#3 Dec 19, 2007
Rats, it's not me.
Mike Oxsbig

United States

#6 Dec 19, 2007
mmm...sooo good
PDQ

Lombard, IL

#7 Dec 19, 2007
What a lucky person!! I really hope it is someone that needs all that $$!! What a great Christmas present! God Bless and Merry Christmas!!
Nick Lemperis

United States

#8 Dec 19, 2007
Seriously I know the guy who won. I work with him and am pretty tight with him. He called me last night and said to tell our boss he wouldnt be in "for a while, probably ever", and laughed. I asked if anything wrong, he said "just the opposite, I have a couple million reasons not to come in". Strangely, his phone is turned off today.
Chicago Guy

Chicago, IL

#9 Dec 19, 2007
Wow, I am really happy for the winner. I wish him/her the very best and PLEASE be prudent with your money/finances. Self discipline yourself and self educate yourself on personal finance and you will do good in managing your new found wealth. Don't rely on "experts" to manage your money for you, do it yourself and be proactive. Good luck on your sudden wealth!
Ditto 1

Glen Ellyn, IL

#10 Apr 14, 2010
This is no B.S. But three places I have bought tickets about a year later there were big winners there.So buy you tickets were I buy and you might be # 4 if you win please give me a grand or two
Concrete Slab

United States

#11 Apr 22, 2010
Winning millions of dollars in the Florida Lottery should have been the best thing that ever happened to Abraham Shakespeare.

But with his newfound wealth in 2006 -$17 million in a lump sum payment - came a string of hangers-on who constantly hit him up for money. Nine months ago, he vanished.

Friends and family hoped he was on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean. But on Friday, detectives confirmed that a body buried under a concrete slab in a rural backyard was his.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Streamwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Hanover Park Have a Gang Problem? Thu yup 3
News Changes in the air at two radio stations (Aug '06) Jul 16 Assantety 1,034
Mike Innis Jul 11 Kmart reunion 1
Barb Coley Jul 9 Concerned citizen 6
Kayla korves Jul 9 Concerned citizen 7
News Police say man found dead in burning garage was... (Mar '08) Jul 7 ForestHospitalRes... 13
News Former Algonquin police officer turns himself in (Jan '10) Jul 7 Fairplay 6

Streamwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Streamwood Mortgages