Man found fatally stabbed in Hoffman Estates

A 38-year-old man was stabbed to death Wednesday morning during an altercation in northwest suburban Hoffman Estates and another man was being questioned, authorities said. Full Story
mmm

Boca Raton, FL

#24 Mar 6, 2008
You people are dumb a**s That man that died is my brother...
And he is not black or in a gang or poor white trash...
so before you start talking trash think about what you are saying...
I am looking answers to what happen...Why did it happen, did anyone who the other guy is...were they friends dose he have a record and who is his girl friend because i heard she was there too...
Jay Mack

Bedford Park, IL

#25 Mar 6, 2008
mmm....I'm sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, we (residents of the building) dont have any more answers than you do. I dont even know the 29 year old guys name, and he lived across the hall from me. I only saw him a few times.
REALLY

Bloomington, IN

#26 Mar 6, 2008
I must say that there are too many poeple assuming information regarding this story. I live in the building where this happened. This complex is NOT a SLUM! This complex is the nicest around this area! I have never had a problem here, never have witnessed anything remotely gang related, racial or otherwise. I feel completely safe here! I still do! I wish the ignorant people assuming that they know why and to what race it involved would just wake up and realize that they are contributing to the problem in society regarding racial stereotypes! Blamers are Haters!
Sadcousin

Boise, ID

#27 Mar 6, 2008
This man Was my Cousin.. and we are greiving this tragedy.. he was a great guy harmless... and always willing to help anyone out.. even strangers.. Which was exactly what he was doing when this happend...and all of you can go to hell.. why is it your concern and why do you have to comment on someones death.. GET A LIFE!!!!! and get out of other peoples
concerned citizen

Schaumburg, IL

#28 Mar 7, 2008
Bob Suburban wrote:
Think of how much worse this would have been if Hoffman Estates allowed guns!
Hoffman Estates does allow guns. They are one of the few areas in Cook Co. that has a homerule exception to the counties gun bans. So lets look at this another way - murder and hate happen with or without guns being legal and regardless of race. Furthermore, how could the situation be any worse - A man is dead!
angry

Elgin, IL

#29 Mar 8, 2008
Shame on you people! shame on YOU! joe biederman is white! he went to lake park high school! I cannot even believe the racist intolerant remarks i have read here! shame on you! it just goes to show that most people who are racist are of low intelligence! his picture is on chicago tribune.com and yet some retard has to start talking about how its daly's fault for bussing in people from the projects! or the other idiot who made reference to illegals mexicans polish and euro trash! none of which had anything to do with this heinous crime. whose the trash now! a crappy little white boy who got arrested in high school for using his hand which were registered as lethal weapons (karate anyone) to beat the crap out of someone! but lets talk about race right now because that is so definately the issue. stop pointing your fingers and making assumptions and try doing something better with yourselves
Mee

Buffalo Grove, IL

#30 Mar 16, 2008
In my opinion, this had nothing to do with economical or social class. Barrington Lakes is a decent apartment complex--the interior of the buildings are much nicer than the exteriors, which are currently being remodeled, and the clubhouse is nice. I believe that the cheapest unit is approximately $800/mo.; with all due respect, not exactly what I envision an ex-Cabrini resident to be paying. I live right above the man who was murdered. I woke up for work at 4am (supposedly right around the time this happened) the morning this occurred, and I did not hear and thing. That would lead me to believe that the cops cannot be blamed for sitting at 711 instead of stopping this from happening, if even the tenants living 20 feet from the scene couldn’t hear anything. I can say that the complex is very quiet and I wouldn't have expected this to happen. Unfortunately, it did, but it could happen anywhere. Keep in mind that this was a targeted act; one which I would assume was spurred by personal issues and passionate emotions. Additionally, I read that this is the first Hoffman Estates murder in two years.
stupid people

Lake Forest, IL

#31 Mar 19, 2008
All you people who think that the issue is Daley moving people west are CRAZY!!! Murder like this happen everyday in the city and its never heard. Also, Real Life. If you are going to comment about someone at least spell their name right.
Suffering in silence

Bloomingdale, IL

#32 Mar 24, 2008
Those of us who knew and loved the victim are wondering why all of this happened. My son lost a wonderful dad and I lost a great friend. Try to explain to a 12 year old that he lost one of the most important people in his life. Maybe you should take a step back and wonder maybe these people have families or loved ones that are now grieving the loss when you decide to judge anyone. He was a great man just trying to make a living and be a great dad.
victoria

United States

#33 Apr 17, 2008
terry wrote:
the rewards of daley relocating families from the projects.
i say some of these relocations should occur in daley's neighborhood too.
since daley is relocating lower income families into the suburbs, it makes the city cleaner. spread the dirt. it'll eventually get swept under a rug.
I feel to make a statement like that is beyond ignorant as the actions of the people you point the finger at. you have to remember that when you point a finger at someone you have 3 fingers pointing beck to you. You take one incident and blow it up into one race and one community is taring the suburbs apart. Anyone who believes that is stupid and not intellegent enough to educate themself on every single event in that region to make such a broad comment.instesd of complaining why don't you do something about it.
Happy

Chicago, IL

#34 May 8, 2008
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have missed spelling lessons if you cannot spell "BUSING" and "graffiti", so what is wrong with you. Sorry to burst your small world view bubble, but with rare exception black people do not suffer the infestations of lice, crabs, and other bugs so often seen in other communities.
You see lice just cannot survive the oils African American often use on their hair nor attach to the curly hair shaft. Black people also tend to use oils and lotions on their skin, which would smother the bugs.
Check, with any school district and you will see for yourself that these infestation of bugs are rare in black children.
I'm so surprised at the hatred and stereotypes that is brewing here in IL.
I agree with you about the lice thing but I decided not to comment when I saw so many mistakes in spelling...I thought it had to be an ignorant kid.
I really feel sad to think that this is the America that many of our soldiers have to return to.
Do you know that in Iraq we sleep together, eat together, defend our country together, pray for one another, and even bandage each others wounds? Why wouldn't we? We're Americans and we represent our country in the most positive way, including you racist.
To read these kind of posts is really something sad to return to.
What are you guys doing to make this world a better place? OK, maybe some of you are still to racist to think about the world...What are you doing to make America a better place for AMERICANS.
Selena

Galesburg, IL

#35 Jan 16, 2009
It's amazing how many racist crackers come to play on the internet to spread their hate and malice towards "diseased and treacherous" Black and Latino folk from the inner city. It's also quite funny that you scorn my people from the city in a typically uppity fashion, when it has always been whites from the suburbs who commit crimes such as serial killing, theft, and drug-dealing.
The real problem is that whites are seeing their privilege and way of life threatened now that Latisha, Carlos, and other brothers and sisters are coming to be your next door neighborhoods. We have a Black president, who is an intelligent brother from the inner city, that people scorn so contemptuously, but is incredibly intelligent.
By the way, I'm a Black woman who was born and raised in Schaumburg. All I can say is get over it. You're becoming the minority in this country; we're coming to your neighborhoods. It's going to take a hell of a lot more than hateful and incorrect speech about Affirmative Action to get rid of us.
Janey

United States

#37 Feb 25, 2009
We use to live at Barrington Lakes Apts. 2140 Hassell Road were Joseph Biedermann lived. We moved out as soon as our lease ended because of the murder. I feel very sad for the victims family. I have looked for almost a year for information on what sentance Joseph Biedermann got. I have found nothing. Did the trial happen? What sentance did he get? I hope it was life without parol. Did he ever explain why he did this horrible thing?
Ron

La Grange, IL

#38 Apr 19, 2009
Selena wrote:
It's amazing how many racist crackers come to play on the internet to spread their hate and malice towards "diseased and treacherous" Black and Latino folk from the inner city. It's also quite funny that you scorn my people from the city in a typically uppity fashion, when it has always been whites from the suburbs who commit crimes such as serial killing, theft, and drug-dealing.
The real problem is that whites are seeing their privilege and way of life threatened now that Latisha, Carlos, and other brothers and sisters are coming to be your next door neighborhoods. We have a Black president, who is an intelligent brother from the inner city, that people scorn so contemptuously, but is incredibly intelligent.
By the way, I'm a Black woman who was born and raised in Schaumburg. All I can say is get over it. You're becoming the minority in this country; we're coming to your neighborhoods. It's going to take a hell of a lot more than hateful and incorrect speech about Affirmative Action to get rid of us.
Please answer this one question, why is it that every city which once they become predominantly black, becomes a horrible place to live:
Newark, Detroit, Gary, IN, Cleveland?
Why did these cities ALL go to hell, once they became black?
jjh

Aurora, OH

#40 Apr 22, 2009
Last I heard from the daily herald was that he made bond & was out of jail. He had a court date in feb but I do not know what happened. They did not think the trial would start for quite awhile.
black sheep

AOL

#41 Apr 22, 2009
there are over 600 ' familles 'living in Hoffman estates who receive section 8 vouchers ---------- vouchers the federal government issues to so called 'poor people ',-------- so they can live where ever they wish --- the vouchers pay up to $1,800.00 per month ,....-----the inner city' poor 'get this assitance,in addition to regular welfare payments, food stamps and state covered health insurance ---------- just across the street from the 'up scale ' barrington lakes appartments ,lay the many barrington square townhouses -- where most of these so called poor ,.. section 8 families people live ,.........gang problems, drug use, and break ins are numerous .......... but dont blame it all on Chicago's mayor Richard DALEY -- blame the old mayor of Hoffman estates, he started the influx of inner city section eighters,......... many yeas ago ...in order to receive federal funding for his pet projects ,... he didn't anticipate ,..{ or care},.. that the section 8 's ,...would slowly ruin the neighborhoods --- barrington square is quickly becoming a ghetto ---------- You cant tell from the out side ,...Because the hired town home workers ,... keep the exteriors in good repair and lawns up very well ,… the people who actually bought and pay for their town house in barrington square ,... are living in constant danger -- as their freeloading neighbors whoop it up ,and party every night ...... Welcome to barrington square ,...Hoffman estates very own little ghetto !
Edward

Pleasanton, CA

#42 May 13, 2009
Suffering in silence wrote:
Those of us who knew and loved the victim are wondering why all of this happened. My son lost a wonderful dad and I lost a great friend. Try to explain to a 12 year old that he lost one of the most important people in his life. Maybe you should take a step back and wonder maybe these people have families or loved ones that are now grieving the loss when you decide to judge anyone. He was a great man just trying to make a living and be a great dad.
Making a Living? He was a stay at home Dad, sounds like he couldn't make it in his landscaping business, so he & his family moved in with his Mother-In-Law. Maybe he was a weak role model, the girls saw that & that is what they gravitiated to?
Wow

United States

#43 May 13, 2009
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have missed spelling lessons if you cannot spell "BUSING" and "graffiti", so what is wrong with you. Sorry to burst your small world view bubble, but with rare exception black people do not suffer the infestations of lice, crabs, and other bugs so often seen in other communities.
You see lice just cannot survive the oils African American often use on their hair nor attach to the curly hair shaft. Black people also tend to use oils and lotions on their skin, which would smother the bugs.
Check, with any school district and you will see for yourself that these infestation of bugs are rare in black children.
Actually, a quick check on the internet will confirm this. A while ago, a black friend of mine said she always heard that so we did some research and it turns out it wasn't just an Old Wives Tale.
black sheep

AOL

#44 May 13, 2009
Say good bye to the middle class ----------UNLESS YOU ARE a high school drop out, And have 4 or 5 illegitimate children ... the world is yours !{FOR NOW }.--------our politicians Reward the lazy and the stupid people of this country ,..... as they punish the middle class with high taxes .......... the nation is already dead ,…it will jut take a few more years before the media picks up on this fact ....------China WILL take over the world ,..... AND WHAT ARE THE POOR LAZY AMERICANS OF THE FUTURE GOING TO DO ?..... I DONT THINK THE CHINESE WILL PROVIDE WELFARE and AFFIRMATIVE ACTION , once they take over .......... PROBABLY THEY WILL SUPPLY THE USA ,....WITH A BIG HYDROGEN BOMB ---- OR ENSLAVE THE REMAINING PEOPLE ,..WHO THEN WILL BE MAJOR POPULATION OF THE FORMER USA ......
Uneasy

Marengo, IL

#45 May 17, 2009
Just to bring everyone up to date.

Joe Biedermann is living peacefully in Carpentersville awaiting his trial.

For me it can't come soon enough as I don't enjoy having an accused murderer living across the street.

If he is guilty I hope he gets what he deserves

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Streamwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School districts host forum on Senate Bill 16 Sun resident tax payer 1
10/30/14 Schaumburg High School, budget in Pala... Oct 18 resident tax payer 1
tony nissen (Dec '09) Oct 18 tony 36
amanda kern and zack conner any info??? Oct 16 Bubba 6
Attorney: Ari Squire's Wife Not Involved In Twi... (Mar '08) Oct 16 joe 59
Endorsement: Conroy for a second term in House ... Oct 16 rikard markz 1
Kane sheriff hopefuls address jail suicides Oct 16 ruleoflaw 1
Streamwood Dating
Find my Match

Streamwood Jobs