SUVs crash on U.S. 40, killing 1

SUVs crash on U.S. 40, killing 1

There are 19 comments on the Palladium-Item story from Jan 26, 2013, titled SUVs crash on U.S. 40, killing 1. In it, Palladium-Item reports that:

A crash late Saturday afternoon west of Cambridge City killed one person and injured a second.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Palladium-Item.

Ted

West Lafayette, IN

#1 Jan 27, 2013
Last I heard, pick-up trucks were not SUV's.
Way to go Pal-Item.
bob

Cary, IL

#2 Jan 27, 2013
What caused this horrible wreck?
sending prayers

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 27, 2013
Heard he drop his phone and pick it up and then drop hs beverage and went to pick it up and cross the line and hit her head one in her lane which was in the far right. Very sad , feel so sorry for her family !!
Concerned

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jan 29, 2013
Any news on Troys health or the ladies family?
My Little Sister

United States

#5 Jan 29, 2013
I do not know who will ever read this message but I know how I feel. I called Miami Valley Hospital and spoke to the nurse in charge of this young man Troy Davis. My request was an easy one and I believe that his family will appreciate my message. I wanted to let him and his family know that I care and hope that if he survives this tragic accident that he needs to put this behind him and move forward in life. They tell me he is in fair condition...not knowing what this really means...I still left my name and phone number if his family needs me. My name is Glenna Skaggs and I reside in Florida. The woman you are speaking of, Melanie Holthouse, is my baby sister, although we will miss her as well as her children Holly, who is just about to graduate High School, and her son David, the most amazing son that anyone would be proud of. My heart bleeds for Troy's family. This young man needs are love and prayers at this time. Forgiveness is not needed.. Take care of yourself enjoy life and we all wish you well. My Heart Glenna
UPDATED: Trucks crash on U.S. 40, killing 1
www.pal-item.com
A crash late Saturday afternoon west of Cambridge City killed one person and injured a second.
Like ·· Follow Post.
Jennifer Richardson Jefferson likes this..
Write a comment...
Press Enter to post..
mia

Valparaiso, IN

#6 Jan 30, 2013
from what i have heard and understand he had been in a rehab facility for drug abuse and was on drugs when this happened.it is very sad and tragic and this guy will have to live with it the rest of his life. if drugs were involved he should get the max for taking someones life. around here he is known as nascar troy because he only knows one speed. FAST. i truely hope that his parents will not find a judge they can pay off if charges are filed against him
Saddened

Richmond, IN

#7 Jan 30, 2013
My heart goes out to you and the family. I feel so bad for Holly, she is an incredible young woman and we will miss Melanie. Thoughts and prayers to your family. I only found this when looking to see if any arrangements had been made yet. Godspeed Melanie!
My Little Sister wrote:
I do not know who will ever read this message but I know how I feel. I called Miami Valley Hospital and spoke to the nurse in charge of this young man Troy Davis. My request was an easy one and I believe that his family will appreciate my message. I wanted to let him and his family know that I care and hope that if he survives this tragic accident that he needs to put this behind him and move forward in life. They tell me he is in fair condition...not knowing what this really means...I still left my name and phone number if his family needs me. My name is Glenna Skaggs and I reside in Florida. The woman you are speaking of, Melanie Holthouse, is my baby sister, although we will miss her as well as her children Holly, who is just about to graduate High School, and her son David, the most amazing son that anyone would be proud of. My heart bleeds for Troy's family. This young man needs are love and prayers at this time. Forgiveness is not needed.. Take care of yourself enjoy life and we all wish you well. My Heart Glenna
UPDATED: Trucks crash on U.S. 40, killing 1
www.pal-item.com
Like ·· Follow Post.
Jennifer Richardson Jefferson likes this..
Write a comment...
Press Enter to post..
sad

Chicago, IL

#8 Feb 2, 2013
I didn't know Melanie personally but have several friends that did and from what I hear she was an awesome lady. It is so sad to think that in a matter of minutes her life was taken with no warning. I hope and pray the man that was driving the truck that killed her understands how many lives he has affected. I know he will have to live with this the rest of his life and hopefully... he will become drug free and stay that way. Only he knows the truth and the condition he was in when he hit her. He has to live with that forever.
Robin Lakland

Wheaton, IL

#9 Feb 2, 2013
sad wrote:
Only he knows the truth and the condition he was in when he hit her. He has to live with that forever.
Uh, isn't that why they do a toxicology report, so the police will know what condition he was in also? Douche.
Cc guy

Salem, WI

#10 Feb 2, 2013
Tox screen came back clean.
ccgirl

Churubusco, IN

#11 Feb 2, 2013
I've known Troy most of his life he has had some problems, and yes his tox screen was clean. He's a good kid, my prayers go out to both families. I'm pretty sure it was also his birthday, so so sad.
Just me

Young America, IN

#12 Feb 2, 2013
Troy is the only one that knows what he was thinking at the time he was headed right for Melanie. The truth will come out! That's ridiculous at how far he came across the double yellow line! 8ft
shaneqwa

Chicago, IL

#13 Feb 2, 2013
Heard he just got some oxy pills from the dublin mini mart, just before it happend !!
Cc guy

Salem, WI

#14 Feb 3, 2013
shaneqwa wrote:
Heard he just got some oxy pills from the dublin mini mart, just before it happend !!
nice try, he wasnt coming from that far west he just got on 40 from foundry
so sad

United States

#15 Feb 4, 2013
YOU people are so sad, you seem to know all that went on, so was he calling you or just left your house?? If so you are no friend of his but just like CCity. you have to create gossip even when its your own gossip, only he and the ones directly involved would know this information so you see he will know who he told and maybe learn his true friends??Not the ones on here.
Spike Lee

Villa Park, IL

#16 Feb 4, 2013
so sad wrote:
YOU people are so sad
What do you mean, "you people"…haven't my brothers and sisters had to suffer enough injustice!?
franky

Chicago, IL

#17 Feb 4, 2013
YOU people ? Are you talking to us people that are clean and dont do the prescript drugs ??
gone from CC

Richmond, IN

#18 Feb 4, 2013
The Truth always hurts the most>>>>>> >>Tox reports dont come out the next day>>???? He is the only one who really knows what happened,,,opinions are like aholes everyones got one, and the one thing is certain they almost always STINK....either way,,i hope to hell this is a wake up call
nunya biz

United States

#19 Feb 11, 2013
Junkie! Lol this is a gossip forum u dumb fuks! Y'all r retarded! Yea I was talkin to him yea he was on dope coz I gave it to him yes he was talkin to me yes he's a junkie yes he jus got outta rehab lol like that worked....its a shame bout the young lady's life he took sooooooooooooo sad! All because he was callin for his next fix!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Straughn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Indiana State Police 2 hr Its a shame 2
Pat Mcdaniel Old Storefront Antiques, Dublin (Jul '11) Sep 25 Just a thought 15
Stephanie Taylor all methed up Sep 23 Hater 5
Old Washboard Car Wash (Jul '15) Sep 21 Nunya 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Truth 95
News New Castle man charged with recklessness (Oct '13) Nov '13 hey 2
Chris Mcdonld (Mar '13) Mar '13 good1 2

Straughn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Straughn Mortgages