First Prev
of 7
Next Last
mgrieashamer

Chicago, IL

#123 Sep 14, 2012
I was reading the Chicago Tribune this morning and their small history montage mentioned the Fischer children born on this date in 1963. I am only eight years older than the quintuplets (born January, 1955) but I was a voracious reader and devoured everything I could find about them and later, their baby sister. I understand they are all still alive, healthy and well. Happy Birthday, everyone!
Diane D

Upper Marlboro, MD

#124 Dec 20, 2012
Mary Margaret, may I suggest that your family might write something up and then sell it to a media outlet? I'm no publicist, but that might be a way to "control" the story.
cindy nelson

Chicago, IL

#125 Jan 6, 2013
As a young girl, I loved seeing pictures of the Fischer Quints. I recently saw these photos again online in. The Saturday evening post. I am 55.Thanks for the memories.
Joyce

Victoria, MN

#126 Jan 29, 2013
I was always very interested in the Fisher Quints, because I took the same fertility pill that Mrs. Fisher took. I only had one child. The quints are the same age as my oldest son.Maybe you could do an update some time. Maybe even in Good Housekeeping again.
fischer

Fargo, ND

#127 Feb 22, 2013
Joyce wrote:
I was always very interested in the Fisher Quints, because I took the same fertility pill that Mrs. Fisher took. I only had one child. The quints are the same age as my oldest son.Maybe you could do an update some time. Maybe even in Good Housekeeping again.
Mrs.Fischer never took fertility drugs, all of the children were natural spontaneously occuring births. the first set of quints born by use of fertility drugs were born in New Zealand in 1965. They were born two years after the Fischer quints.
TARA

Roselle, NJ

#128 May 10, 2013
The Fisher quintuplets will be 50 this year! Whoa...the big 50! If I forget, Happy Birthday...from one 50 year old to five others!
Elaine

Hartwell, GA

#129 Jun 21, 2013
Joyce wrote:
Joyce, I believe you're thinking of the Kienasts. Their mother used fertility drugs, and for several years Good Housekeeping would do updates on them.
Bonita

Olney, IL

#130 Jun 23, 2013
Our daughter was born November 26, 1963 and my husband brought the copy of Ladies Home Journal with the article about the Fisher Quintuplets birth to me in the hospital to read. On a family trip one year we drove through Aberdeen but didn't see any one. I've always been curious about your family and am so glad you are all well & happy. Sorry about the loss of your mother - she must have been a very good mother. I too would like to read about your lives now and in the past. I looked forward to the magazines with the latest photos and update of all of you.
Alma Boudreaux

League City, TX

#131 Sep 14, 2013
Happy, happy 50th birthday! So enjoye the articles in the Aberdeen American News, it was really great to see a current picture. Much happiness to all the Fischers.
El H-J

Yerevan, Armenia

#132 Jan 22, 2014
Wow! It's awesome! I have some information about them in my textbook...
"The story of a poor family that acquired fame and fortune overnight.."
Deanna Wasson

United States

#133 Apr 9, 2014
On September 14, l963 I was in hard labor in a small hospital in Ellensburg. Washington when the radio announced that a woman in Dakota had just given birth to 5 children. I said to my husband that if she could do it, I guess I could do it too. We had a darling little girl we named Lynn Marie. Our family kept the Life magazine articles of you five Fishers and have wondered how you all have been doing. Our Lynn has given us 4 grandchildren. Her Jessica has now given us two great grandchildren. Lynn was a Biology teacher but is currently the administrator of the satellite 4-year Seattle City University located in our local college. She is currently working on her doctorate. Would love to hear from you. Deanna

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stratford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fischer Quints (Oct '13) Sep '14 almab 3
Review: Matt's Tree Service (Feb '12) Feb '12 Saddles 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in South Dako... (Oct '10) Nov '10 voting 11
More ways to tell you're a true Aberdonian (Feb '07) Dec '07 ProudPirate 7
Aberdeen resident pleads guilty to Stratford bu... (Apr '07) Apr '07 JPB 1
Stratford woman charged with abuse (Jul '06) Aug '06 abc 2
Stratford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Stratford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Stratford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Stratford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:05 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:05PM
Did the Chargers Choke Away Playoff Berth in Week 17?
NBC Sports12:57 AM
Vikings finish off Bears with 13-9 win - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:59 AM
Chiefs, Chargers both miss out on postseason - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 5:10 AM
Missed Opportunities, Imbalance Define Chiefs' Season
Yahoo! Sports 7:28 AM
Bills quarterback Orton retires