Do you approve of Laura Hoydick as St...

Do you approve of Laura Hoydick as State Representative?

Posted in the Stratford Forum

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

#1 Feb 11, 2012
Great gal should run for mayor in Stratford
Someone who cares

Lodi, NJ

#2 Jul 7, 2012
Laura Hoydick's voting record is abysmal. Definitely a friend of John Harkins, not something to be proud of. Also describing someone as a great gal does not sound like someone who will get the job done or like the writer or "great gal" will get the job done!
THE GENUINEPHYLLIS wrote:
mirontroops

Bridgeport, CT

#3 Jul 9, 2012
Jim is coming back strong, mark my words
Cathy Martin

AOL

#4 Jul 9, 2012
mirontroops wrote:
Jim is coming back strong, mark my words
I hope he does I need a high paying job
Tippys Goldfish

United States

#5 Jul 11, 2012
If Hoydick is anything like Harkins, she isnít electable for any position. Stratford does NOT need any more Harkinsí style politics or lack of leadership.
Tired of Harkins-Hoydick

United States

#6 Jul 20, 2012
Harkins brought in Hoydick. Just another cog in the Republican machine of voting the party line. Is this the best we can do? We need someone who isn't afraid and really listens to and does what the people want.
Tippys Goldfish

United States

#7 Jul 21, 2012
Tired of Harkins-Hoydick wrote:
Harkins brought in Hoydick. Just another cog in the Republican machine of voting the party line. Is this the best we can do? We need someone who isn't afraid and really listens to and does what the people want.
Exactly
Time for a Change

Stratford, CT

#8 Sep 4, 2012
Tippys Goldfish and "Tired" are right! It's time to get Hoydick out and change to someone who cares about Stratford and not voting for what the Republicans tell her to do. I don't find much difference in what Harkins or Hoydick say. Birds of a feather...you know the rest.
Trantolaw

Shelton, CT

#9 Sep 13, 2012
Dump Laura NOW!!!!
Constituent

Glen Rock, NJ

#10 Sep 16, 2012
THE GENUINEPHYLLIS wrote:
Laura served Stratford best when she was on the Stratford BOE.

Like Harkins, she unfortunately has not been successful in getting Stratford its rightful share of ECS money. Most of Stratford's new incoming students move to town from Bridgeport. Bridgeport's system is such a mess that the state recently attempted to take over their BOE. Remember that? These new students are initially a huge drain on the resources of Stratford's system. Yet, places like Manchester, Hamden, and West Haven receive significantly more ECS funds than we do.
Trantolaw

Shelton, CT

#11 Sep 16, 2012
Constituent wrote:
<quoted text>
Laura served Stratford best when she was on the Stratford BOE.
Like Harkins, she unfortunately has not been successful in getting Stratford its rightful share of ECS money. Most of Stratford's new incoming students move to town from Bridgeport. Bridgeport's system is such a mess that the state recently attempted to take over their BOE. Remember that? These new students are initially a huge drain on the resources of Stratford's system. Yet, places like Manchester, Hamden, and West Haven receive significantly more ECS funds than we do.
Sounds like another vote for Joe Crudo!
Time for a Change

United States

#12 Sep 24, 2012
Laura Hoydick's platform this time around sounds like the same old rant of her party. We need someone who is a thinker and not just a party slug. I wonder if she even tries to get more ECS money. It also needs to be used well. Taxes can be used much more effectively than for supporting the education when the ECS money could help lower taxes.
Save Stratford

United States

#13 Oct 8, 2012
Stratford has so many good things going for it, but it's been mismanaged. I agree that Harkins and Hoydick are in cahoots. This has inspired me to look at her record. This 100% attendance record she claims to have is mostly votes of "no" against things. Her fliers from the mail talk about things she claims to have supported like a bipartisan jobs bill, but I don't see any support she supposedly gave it in her voting record. I am starting to truly see her as just another person voting the party line. She certainly, for the most part, doesn't seem even bipartisan!
Andy

Jackson, NJ

#14 Oct 8, 2012
Stratford does not need any more of this bad Harkins style politics.
Trantolaw

Shelton, CT

#15 Oct 11, 2012
Save Stratford wrote:
Stratford has so many good things going for it, but it's been mismanaged. I agree that Harkins and Hoydick are in cahoots. This has inspired me to look at her record. This 100% attendance record she claims to have is mostly votes of "no" against things. Her fliers from the mail talk about things she claims to have supported like a bipartisan jobs bill, but I don't see any support she supposedly gave it in her voting record. I am starting to truly see her as just another person voting the party line. She certainly, for the most part, doesn't seem even bipartisan!
Harkins and Hoydick are poison for Stratford!
Wanting change

Middlebury, CT

#16 Feb 7, 2013
Sadly, nothing has changed. When will the people of Stratford wake up? Do they still want the same old same old? Not me!
Trudy

United States

#17 Mar 27, 2014
Hoydick still is no different. Hoping people open their eyes for a change!
I know

Stratford, CT

#18 Apr 26, 2014
Let's send some democrats to Hartford for a change, maybe they could actually bring something home for us, the people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stratford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Suspect In Bridgeport Robbery Arrested ... 28 min Gavone 5
News Charges dismissed against doctor in mistaken pr... 31 min Gavone 12
News City Announces East Washington Avenue Bridge Cl... 32 min Gavone 2
News Funds to pay for Marina Village cleanup 1 hr America Gentleman... 2
News Faculty oppose Connecticut community college me... 1 hr America Gentleman... 1
Freemasons exhibit Luciferian tactics slanderin... 4 hr Jesse Rishel 1
News Bridgeport woes, Greenwich riches tell tale of ... 12 hr WorkAvoider 4

Stratford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stratford Mortgages