Charges filed in Stratford teen's death

The driver of a town public works truck that struck and killed a 13-year-old last month today was charged with three traffic violations. Full Story
Vicki

Valhalla, NY

#62 May 28, 2008
The poor family is victimized again. I knew this would happen. History repeats itself. The Town of Stratford doesn't check to see if the person is licensed to operate a certain type of truck?? The supervisors get paid big money to do what??????? The tax payers have to pay for a lawsuit because of the derelict of other people's actions or lack thereof. The poor Prada family and friends have to copy with this tragedy for the rest of their lives.
SO SAD SEYMOUR CT

Naugatuck, CT

#63 May 28, 2008
either way who was right or wrong or who had what license who cares at this point!!!!!! the family is torn and i dont know them but my heart breaks for them

may he look down and watch over you now

he died in his mothers arms, being a mom and reading that i am sitting here crying AS I TYPE THIS. I am so sorry for your loss. GOD BLESS U ALL!!!
stratford girl

Hamden, CT

#64 May 28, 2008
It is really a shame that a young boy died tragically in this accident. The driver is at fault obviously and he should not have been driving that truck if he wasn't licensed. Who is his boss and why did they allow it? They are just as accountable as the driver. The Stratford taxes will now go up even higher to pay for this lawsuit. I feel sorry for the family who lost their son. The driver is going to have to live with this the rest of his life as well as his superiors at work.
pwilson

Middletown, CT

#65 May 28, 2008
Tom wrote:
The State DOT should be criminally charged and not the driver. The DOT removed the Walk signals at that intersection last year and now pedestrians are required to cross with the traffic from Wilcoxson Avenue. They removed the walk signals that turned the intersection red in all 3 directions. So far no one has brought this up. It was reported to CT Post writer Richard Weisel and he choose not to investigate it.
It also sounds like the town trying to deflect some liability from itself here.The State and, the town , I feel, is 50/50 responsible for this one. Letting this guy drive that type of truck without the proper indorsement is the Town of Stratfords fault.
Anonymous

New Bedford, MA

#66 May 28, 2008
So punishing the man who hit the boy is going to bring him back?????????? Don't you think this poor man suffers as we speak????? IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!!! Guess his family is finished mourning because it didn't take them long to hire an attorney -- millions of dollars won't bring back a dead person.
Anonymous

New Bedford, MA

#67 May 28, 2008
stratford girl wrote:
It is really a shame that a young boy died tragically in this accident. The driver is at fault obviously and he should not have been driving that truck if he wasn't licensed. Who is his boss and why did they allow it? They are just as accountable as the driver. The Stratford taxes will now go up even higher to pay for this
lawsuit. I feel sorry for the family who lost their son. The driver is
going to have to live with this the rest of his life as well as his superiors at work.
If you are upset about yur taxes going up blame the boy's parents. They don't need to sue the town they are choosing to do it. That won't bring back their child -- just make them rich and the town poor.
Marco from Stratford

Newington, CT

#68 May 28, 2008
stratford girl wrote:
It is really a shame that a young boy died tragically in this accident. The driver is at fault obviously and he should not have been driving that truck if he wasn't licensed. Who is his boss and why did they allow it? They are just as accountable as the driver. The Stratford taxes will now go up even higher to pay for this lawsuit. I feel sorry for the family who lost their son. The driver is going to have to live with this the rest of his life as well as his superiors at work.
A life is lost and for some reason none of you twisted people have figured out how to blame the Mayor for all this. I'm sure you'll come up with something.
So instead you've decided that the HR manager, the town, the DOT boss, the guy who painted the road, are all to blame and that the taxes in the town will rise.
Wow, you sick people need to walk away from the computer, get outside and breath. Thanking God (or who ever you believe in) for that fact that you can.
Lets face it. This paper feeds this junk, buy reporting junk, not completing the story, or if they do it will be on page 100 2 weeks from now.
Do it, just walk away. Eheheh....
click the X, close the window...
You'll feel better.
STRATFORD BLOWS

Ansonia, CT

#69 May 28, 2008
THE WORST TOWN next to the Norwalk Courthouse. The lawyers are going to remane the Town when they are through.

Stratford Cops are corrupt and have tried to shield the Town from LIABILITY in this case by not pursuing criminal charges. Infractions are JOKES. HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE, which is a misdemeanor. The Stratford Cops never pursued this because CORRUPT MIRON told them not to pursue it so that the Town doesn't get hit for wrongful death. CORRUPT MIRON wants to make it harder on the family to recover. However, the family hired a great lawyer whose going to re-name that Town when they are done.

THE CORRUPTION RUNS DEEP IN STRATFORD. Mayor "Corrupt" Miron and his GRAVEYARD thief father should share a jail cell together. His idiot son got bounced from the Police Department for being mentally "unstable" and unsuitable to be a cop, but daddy (the mayor) tried to push him through anyway.

Former Superintendent Ray O'Connell bribed the Stratford Cops to not ARREST HIS daughter -a former Stratford HS Teacher that had a long sexual affair with a student at Stratford HS. Heather O'Connell, disgraced former HS Teacher, left abruptly with not a mark after big daddy RAY O'CONNELL paid $50k large to the young boy's family. CROOKED. SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH STATUTORY RAPE, but never was because daddy had the cops in his pocket. JUST LIKE OUR NEW MAYOR.

Chief Burtula is also a laughable fool. His brother (Richard "I sleep with Town Officials" Burtula, Esq.)is an idiot TOWN ATTORNEY, who obviously told him NOT TO ARREST the negligent driver because of liability reasons.
NOTE TO FAMILY'S LAWYERS: Sue the Chief of Police and his jerk-off brother, the Town lawyer, for their failure to conduct a full investigation. NEPOTISM RUNS DEEP IN STRATFORD.

Burtula (x2 - Chief of Police & Town Attorney), Mayor Miron, Gravestone robber - daddy Miron, and "unstable" almost cop-son, then generation Ray O'Connell, statutory rapist Heather O'Connell, etc.....
IN-BRED SIX EYED CREATURES. Stratford is not far off from the trailor parks of Alabama.

I HOPE THE FAMILY OWNS STRATFORD AFTER THIS IS ALL OVER. THE PRADA FAMILY WILL AT LEAST BE HONEST.
NEPOTISM

Ansonia, CT

#70 May 28, 2008
Police Burtula and Town Attorney Richard Burtula are BROTHERS!!! They come from the same deceptive mircoorganism.

OF COURSE POLICE CHIEF BURTULA DID NOT CHARGE THE DRIVER WITH NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE, or manslaughter, because his brother, the TOWN ATTORNEY said "no". If the driver pleads out to negligent homicide, which is a crime, then the TOWN has to pay for the wrongful death.

Instead, they are making it harder on the family by NOT charging the driver with negligent homicide because the TOWN does not want to be responsible for the DEATH!!!

Another day in the State of Corrupticut, Town of Stealth-Ford, cheating the citizens, as usual.
ITS-TRUE

Cranston, RI

#72 May 28, 2008
this kid did'nt die from someone not haveing a proper license to drive air truck that has an extra safety feature! How do you charge someone for manslaughter?? you would have to prove that he meant to drive over thats kid.

Since: May 08

AOL

#73 May 28, 2008
This whole event is sad. We lost a young life. A man who works for Public Works was driving a truck which he did not have a proper license for. I only have 2 words to say for the the functioning gov. body of the Town of Stratford...FORENCIS AUDIT......
Frank

AOL

#74 May 28, 2008
ken wrote:
amazing they found charges to appease the public but not strong enough charges to be criminal, how convenient of the town,whoever is this drivers' boss should also be held accountable due to the fact they were letting this guy drive without the proper license.i realize this is a tragic accident, perhaps it wouldnt havehappened if either this man wasnt driving a truck that he didnt have a license to drive,or maybe he also didnt have the skills to drive it either.someone at the town isnt paying attention, i am sure they will now look into everyones license and make sure they are correct.also even if he did have all the right paperwork and training,you would hope that the towns would emphasize their employees follow all traffic rules, including looking out for kids and pedrestrians and traffic signals.i am sure as horrible as this guy must feel, he will have the union backing him and get a slap on the wrist and will not lose his job, meanwhile this poor boys family has lost everything.just my 2 cents,no need to jump all over me as i am sure someone will.
The air brakes had nothng to do with the accident.
Frank

AOL

#75 May 28, 2008
Milford wrote:
Why is this guy getting paid for killing a kid?
Stop his checks until the investigation is done. SO, I guess you get a nice vacation (paid) and nothing happens to you if your a city employee, even if you run over a kid and kill him.
Gee, that's my kind of job.
Is Stratford hiring?
So are you saying you want a job in stratford because you can run over kids and get paid? your sick.
Yankees Suck

Monroe, CT

#76 May 28, 2008
STRATFORD BLOWS wrote:
THE WORST TOWN next to the Norwalk Courthouse. The lawyers are going to remane the Town when they are through.
Stratford Cops are corrupt and have tried to shield the Town from LIABILITY in this case by not pursuing criminal charges. Infractions are JOKES. HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE, which is a misdemeanor. The Stratford Cops never pursued this because CORRUPT MIRON told them not to pursue it so that the Town doesn't get hit for wrongful death. CORRUPT MIRON wants to make it harder on the family to recover. However, the family hired a great lawyer whose going to re-name that Town when they are done.
THE CORRUPTION RUNS DEEP IN STRATFORD. Mayor "Corrupt" Miron and his GRAVEYARD thief father should share a jail cell together. His idiot son got bounced from the Police Department for being mentally "unstable" and unsuitable to be a cop, but daddy (the mayor) tried to push him through anyway.
Former Superintendent Ray O'Connell bribed the Stratford Cops to not ARREST HIS daughter -a former Stratford HS Teacher that had a long sexual affair with a student at Stratford HS. Heather O'Connell, disgraced former HS Teacher, left abruptly with not a mark after big daddy RAY O'CONNELL paid $50k large to the young boy's family. CROOKED. SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH STATUTORY RAPE, but never was because daddy had the cops in his pocket. JUST LIKE OUR NEW MAYOR.
Chief Burtula is also a laughable fool. His brother (Richard "I sleep with Town Officials" Burtula, Esq.)is an idiot TOWN ATTORNEY, who obviously told him NOT TO ARREST the negligent driver because of liability reasons.
NOTE TO FAMILY'S LAWYERS: Sue the Chief of Police and his jerk-off brother, the Town lawyer, for their failure to conduct a full investigation. NEPOTISM RUNS DEEP IN STRATFORD.
Burtula (x2 - Chief of Police & Town Attorney), Mayor Miron, Gravestone robber - daddy Miron, and "unstable" almost cop-son, then generation Ray O'Connell, statutory rapist Heather O'Connell, etc.....
IN-BRED SIX EYED CREATURES. Stratford is not far off from the trailor parks of Alabama.
I HOPE THE FAMILY OWNS STRATFORD AFTER THIS IS ALL OVER. THE PRADA FAMILY WILL AT LEAST BE HONEST.
The cops in Stratford do a good job so lay off of them. Let's talk about Council Chairman Mike Hendricks assault charges that were magically dropped. Hendricks was at a Republican fund raiser at the home of the 1st District Councilman and got drunk and sucker punched a mortitian from Adzima's Funeral Home who was also at the fund raiser. A neighbor called the police because it stilled over into the street and the PD squashed the call, explain that Mr. Hendricks...a/k/a Mr. Bunnell?????
xyz

Peekskill, NY

#77 May 28, 2008
surely an accident. unlicensed driver = town is screwed right or wrong. the town let him drive knowing his class of license. he must have shown it to get the job. unless it was fake and not checked. never the less the boy was killed.do not blame the driver blame the town.
Bpt EMT

Bronx, NY

#78 May 28, 2008
NDC wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know the tramp who couldn't carry a gurney without dropping it? Back off? If I could meet you in person I would punch you in your face
So, first you call someone a name, who you don't even know. You don't know the situation of that call. And then you threaten someone on this board? You have just committed a crime - threatening someone via the internet is a crime and you deserve to be charged.

I'm sorry you had a tragedy, but that doesn't mean you are right. I also know the people on that call and it was an accident. It could have happened to any of us in any EMS service.

You have just broken the law by threatening someone with physical harm. I hope "resident" files charges against you. And yes, the police can track you down and find out who you are!

PS - To the CT Post moderator - how did you let a threat get posted and stay up here?
grumpy

East Hampton, CT

#79 May 28, 2008
Very sad for all involved. Very sad.
STRATFORD BLOWS

Ansonia, CT

#80 May 28, 2008
Manslaughter and Negligent Homicide revolve around serious careless or reckless acts, which is exactly what happened here.

This driver RAN OVER the pedestrian in the cross-walk, which certaintly rises to the level of an extreme indifference to human life by failing to recognize his actions or inaction of watching the freakin' street in front of him. Its a "lay up" for a criminal charge, but the POLICE CHIEF never pursued through the prosecutor's office.

Ask "WHY" ???
whoisJames Beardsley

Paterson, NJ

#81 May 28, 2008
james beardsley wrote:
this guy is up sh!ts creek now he didn't even have a licence to drive that truck he was driving...see its that more for less mentality that has overtaken this country putting lives at risk..everyday
Like your shifty opinion counts please spare us. You as always are the master of the obvious, that is when you make sense.
James Beardsley

Paterson, NJ

#82 May 29, 2008
Tired of the Whining wrote:
<quoted text>
Your letter regarding nepotism had no facts whatsoever. The entire concept that Henrick is wasting Council time on is absurd.
And yes, I hear a rebuttal is already in the works.
Margo you are an arsf what is arsf you ask ,a real stupid fool. Get your head out of the mayors patoot and maybe you can wake up and actually Smell the coffee instead of the Mayors s@#t. It is you that is absurd my fine feathered friend!P Sperling is right & as usual- you are WRONG!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stratford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hello Christmas time (Dec '11) 2 hr BPT 59
where's ava??? (May '08) 3 hr Citizen44 35
Bridgeport Ranks 2nd To Last Among Nation's Col... 6 hr American Gentlema... 4
Jaguar, Land Rover dealer proposed for Fairfiel... 6 hr American Gentlema... 4
No Headlights, Driving the Wrong Way and Drunk ... 6 hr Citizen44 2
WPLR Chaz and AJ (Nov '08) 7 hr CrapRockVhazisaBe... 95
merry christmas (Dec '08) Sun American Gentlema... 7

Stratford News Video

Stratford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Stratford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Stratford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Stratford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:09PM
Philbin coaching for now despite owner's announcement - NBC Sports
NFL 3:07 PM
Geno Smith: Jets coaching 'change could be good'
ESPN 5:28 PM
Jets' Smith: Coaching change 'could be good'
NBC Sports 5:41 PM
Fisher anticipates no fines from brawl with Giants - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 5:44 PM
Michael Jordan texts with Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. about how to be great