STRATFORD BREAKING NEWS**Deals reache...

STRATFORD BREAKING NEWS**Deals reached in police leak allegations

There are 20 comments on the www.stratfordstar.com story from Jan 7, 2011, titled STRATFORD BREAKING NEWS**Deals reached in police leak allegations. In it, www.stratfordstar.com reports that:

Deals have been reached to end the prosecution of three Stratford police officers arrested in connection with the leak of a confidential memo regarding Christian Miron, brother of then-Mayor James R. Miron.

Joseph McNeil, who was a captain at the time of his arrest, and Orlando Soto both applied Friday for accelerated rehabilitation. Accelerated rehabilitation, available to those who have never been convicted, expunges a person's record upon successful completion of a term of probation.

Farmer's attorney, C. Christian Young of Gulash and Riccio, said the plea does not indicate Farmer made any action against Christian Miron, and that it could apply to actions against Police Chief John Buturla. ... stressed that the application for accelerated rehabilitation was not an admission of guilt. He said Soto would seek to return to work as soon as possible...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.stratfordstar.com.

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

#1 Jan 7, 2011
What does this all mean...I apologize for my ignorance but WHY?? I am personally heartsick. I don't understand

Stratford, CT

#2 Jan 7, 2011
What it means

United States

#3 Jan 7, 2011
This is a deal initiated by the State. Both parties make out. The charges are dismissed against McNeil & Soto in exchange for Farmer pleading guilty to Disorderly Conduct (basically being a pain in the Chief's ass.)

It means that Captain McNeil and LT Soto no longer have the money to fight the false charges.(TWO YEARS NO PAY)

The state saves money. McNiel & Soto save money.

McNeil and Soto return to work as if nothing happened.

Fear not the truth will come out about the political corruption. It will show that Capt. McNeil & Lt Soto did nothing wrong.

Time will tell.
wicked

Jackson, NJ

#4 Jan 7, 2011
all that time and money wasted for a disorderly conduct charge?

what a waste of time!

the chief should be held accountable for keeping these guys out of work for two years!
P T Barnum

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jan 7, 2011
Ladies and Gentlemen for your entertainment under the big top!!!
Another Stratford 3 ring circus
There's a sucker born every minute.
What it means

United States

#6 Jan 7, 2011
I do agree that someone should be held accountable.

Remember why this whole thing started.

A husband and wife interfering with the hiring practice to get their sons hired.

A non qualified person appointed to Deputy Chief by the Mayor to get the old chief out.

A new cheif comes in appointed by the Mayor.

The Mayor wants his brother hired.

I know four people that should be held accountable.

And the stuff above is just the tip of the iceberg.

For more information about this plea and to understand it. Read the recent US Supreme Court Decision on Acceleration Rehabilitation. It basically allows both side to start over as if nothing happened.

Stratford, CT

#7 Jan 7, 2011
Uh I seem to recall the Firm of Gulash & Riccio who Officer Farmer used... didn't the same Law firm represent Jim Miron's father...Gulash?
Isn't that a conflict of interest?

Stratford, CT

#8 Jan 7, 2011
What it means wrote:
I do agree that someone should be held accountable.
Remember why this whole thing started.
A husband and wife interfering with the hiring practice to get their sons hired.
A non qualified person appointed to Deputy Chief by the Mayor to get the old chief out.
A new cheif comes in appointed by the Mayor.
The Mayor wants his brother hired.
I know four people that should be held accountable.
And the stuff above is just the tip of the iceberg.
For more information about this plea and to understand it. Read the recent US Supreme Court Decision on Acceleration Rehabilitation. It basically allows both side to start over as if nothing happened.
OMG...

Stratford, CT

#9 Jan 7, 2011
What it means wrote:
This is a deal initiated by the State. Both parties make out. The charges are dismissed against McNeil & Soto in exchange for Farmer pleading guilty to Disorderly Conduct (basically being a pain in the Chief's ass.)
It means that Captain McNeil and LT Soto no longer have the money to fight the false charges.(TWO YEARS NO PAY)
The state saves money. McNiel & Soto save money.
McNeil and Soto return to work as if nothing happened.
Fear not the truth will come out about the political corruption. It will show that Capt. McNeil & Lt Soto did nothing wrong.
Time will tell.
Like everything else in this world....$$$ and connections by justice.
Got the $$$, Got the connections, you got the power...So effin disgusting
Guess it's just another example of "that's the way of the world"
I have long ago lost faith in our judicial/court system & what is true justice as there is no such thing. I personally found that out and this just confirms it once again!

...Now I really have no regard, no respect for the scum laden "SYSTEM" where money and connections dictate the outcome..been there done that have the T shirts to prove it...

Stratford, CT

#10 Jan 7, 2011
My own personal experience was that of being one 10 innocent people exploited by a drug addicted criminal...Assisted in the apprehension of that criminal who not only exploited 10 of us but also was wanted for drug charges he did not appear in court to answer to charges for...in the meantime he robs three banks one at gun point...Pleads Guilty to all three robberies etc...Drug charges go bye bye(WONDER WHY?) Then only gets 5 years jail sentence...Uh something wrong with this picture...
While awaiting sentencing bailed out by his rich white collar connected mommy..stalks all he exploited despite suspended drivers license & restraining orders...Driving around whacked out on Heroin...Slams a pole to avoid hitting another car head on...No consequences...No record of that "accident" Hmmm Amazing pictures w/ dates taken, along with witnesses & documentation...
Yet he was transported to St Vincent's Hospital with severe injuries(poor rat,he should have dropped dead) was treated there for 2 weeks...then off to sentencing never mentioned the "accident", the stalking nor accountability for that....This was a component of corruption at it's best...People who tried to have him arrested for what was done to them were discouraged, instead had received advice resulting in fear of retribution..no support...the rat cut a deal as we are certain "informant" and to hell with all those he contaminated, those that assisted in the apprehension and promised protection, justice(PURE BULLS*T)..After apprehension those law abiding citizens that were told it was better to SAVE 10,000 and sacrifice 10....F the system and any scum who finds all that B/S OK..IT IS NOT & NEVER WILL BE

NO WONDER WHY OUR YOUTH AS A WHOLE are so confused..have no faith in the system....criminals walk, and good people suffer while the system covers their dirty azzes..You see the moral o this true story is
MONEY & THE RIGHT CONNECTIONS BUYS JUSTICE AND SCREW THE INNOCENT GOODD PEOPLE CONTAMINATED BY CORRUPTION!
Here it is

United States

#11 Jan 7, 2011
This is copied from the Connecticut Judicial website:

Accelerated Rehabilitation - A program that gives persons charged with a crime or motor vehicle violation for the first time a second chance. The person is placed on probation for up to two years. If probation is completed satisfactorily, the charges are dismissed.
STRAT CITY

AOL

#12 Jan 7, 2011
Hope the Chief is happy with this mess he created. two years later, tons of money wasted and nothing happened. Well, he did gain two high ranking supervisors as life long enemies. When is the next no confidence vote?
Is Harkins happy with this department head?
Karma to You

Armonk, NY

#13 Jan 7, 2011
A few on the Stratford PD are aware of the incident mentioned in #10 comment. They were a party to it.

If any of you in the rat pack dare to advise
mockingly any of us victims to report what happened to the State Police or FBI as you did another of the 10 victims who previously commented

Yeah right..We will advise you to shove it so far up your butt it comes right out your mouth.

Hope those involved in this cover up, this travesty,we ten
experienced suffer the way we have.

Karma times 10 to each of you.
MAY YOU ROT IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY!
jokester

Jackson, NJ

#14 Jan 7, 2011
This whole case was a sham!

Joe McNel and Soto were charged with unauthorized access of the computer system!!!!!

Why doesn't John Buturla address his 100 officers and explin what that means....

BECAUSE the don't know and he made it ALL up. The officers at the stratford police still aren't sure what they can /cannot view....

but he doesn't care..

somethingwickedt hiswaycom

United States

#15 Jan 7, 2011
run while you can
Fat Preer

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Jan 7, 2011
Kiss my grits
eastwitch

Jackson, NJ

#17 Jan 7, 2011
say goodbye to the chief.... he will not weather this storm.

there was a vote of no confidence several years a go but they have even less confidence in him now...

now they have PROOF.... and a maybe who might just listen!
Sally

AOL

#18 Jan 7, 2011
What a waste of tax dollars, all you political hacks........
IDAHO

Kailua Kona, HI

#19 Jan 7, 2011
Stratford continues to be an interesting town to watch hang itself!
Not Update

United States

#20 Jan 8, 2011
Here it is wrote:
This is copied from the Connecticut Judicial website:
Accelerated Rehabilitation - A program that gives persons charged with a crime or motor vehicle violation for the first time a second chance. The person is placed on probation for up to two years. If probation is completed satisfactorily, the charges are dismissed.
Although this definiation is correct. The recent US Supreme Court on Accelerated Rehabilation is the definitive anwser. IT is not an admission of guilt. In fact it is not an admission of anything. In fact it is a way for the prosecutor and the arrested parties to say lets start over ads if nothing happened.

It was the right thing to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stratford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Suspect In Bridgeport Robbery Arrested ... Tue Gavone 5
News Charges dismissed against doctor in mistaken pr... Tue Gavone 12
News City Announces East Washington Avenue Bridge Cl... Tue Gavone 2
News Funds to pay for Marina Village cleanup Tue America Gentleman... 2
News Faculty oppose Connecticut community college me... Tue America Gentleman... 1
Freemasons exhibit Luciferian tactics slanderin... Tue Jesse Rishel 1
News Bridgeport woes, Greenwich riches tell tale of ... Tue WorkAvoider 4

Stratford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stratford Mortgages