Biker caught after high speed chase

Biker caught after high speed chase

There are 35 comments on the Public Opinion story from Apr 5, 2009, titled Biker caught after high speed chase. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

A biker who eluded police following a high speed chase in northwestern Franklin County Sunday afternoon has been apprehended, according to Pennsylvania State Police, Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dutch

Kernersville, NC

#3 Apr 6, 2009
The police can monitor Rt 11 north of Greenvillage on Sunday evenings also, those crotchrockets are rocketing down those straight aways in excess of 100 mph pulling wheelies. I can hear them coiming from Shippensburg. Gives a bad name to the bikers that adhere to the rules.
Jeff

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Apr 6, 2009
The only thing that would have been better if he would have wrapped himself around a tree at that speed!!!!!!!!!
jojo

Chambersburg, PA

#5 Apr 6, 2009
yaaah! we live on orrstown road also. i've called the psp about the motorcycles (and other cars) speeding. there are too many horse and buggies on our road for that crap to be going on. one of these times there is really going to be a problem! keep it up psp. you can sit in my driveway any day!!
Sherk

Kernersville, NC

#6 Apr 6, 2009
Dutch, Your just jealous your bike doesn't go as fast as theirs!
Think A Little

Gettysburg, PA

#7 Apr 6, 2009
Jeff wrote:
The only thing that would have been better if he would have wrapped himself around a tree at that speed!!!!!!!!!
This guy had a passenger on the bike with him. Just maybe that passenger wanted him to stop, but Mr. Showoff kept going.

According to your heartless post the passenger also should have died. And all family members of these two should have to live with the terrible tragedy.

Lets be thankful that the police were able to get his license number and arrest him. I hope this keeps him off the road, before someone does get hurt.

They should take his bike if they haven't already. He may be someone who does not listen.

You on the other hand are a heartless fool, and should keep cold hearted comments to yourself.
Frank Wright

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Apr 6, 2009
You have to be one stupid redneck to think you can evade the police.
one_stupid_redne ck

Toronto, Canada

#9 Apr 6, 2009
I can evade the police.
Bernice

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Apr 6, 2009
And I bet he wasn't wearing a helmet!
rocket

Claysburg, PA

#11 Apr 6, 2009
Do you know how fast those crotchrockets go? They easily do 170 mph (at least mine did). Police don't have a chance. Evadin the police should be a piece of cake. Not sure why they allow bikes to be built to go so much faster than cop cars. I guess its a way to regulate the population lol.
Bigkiwibird

Toronto, Canada

#12 Apr 6, 2009
It's true. The police bailed on him as he opened the throttle on the highway. Standard practice in our jurisdiction to not engage in high-speed chases that might put the public at risk. At least he was driving solo so he was less likely to leave two organ donors on the road.
Jeff

Chambersburg, PA

#13 Apr 6, 2009
Think A Little wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy had a passenger on the bike with him. Just maybe that passenger wanted him to stop, but Mr. Showoff kept going.
According to your heartless post the passenger also should have died. And all family members of these two should have to live with the terrible tragedy.
Lets be thankful that the police were able to get his license number and arrest him. I hope this keeps him off the road, before someone does get hurt.
They should take his bike if they haven't already. He may be someone who does not listen.
You on the other hand are a heartless fool, and should keep cold hearted comments to yourself.
This clown has blown past me several times throw stones on my BMW and he NEVER had a passenger with him so again I say wrap yourself around a tree!!!!!!!

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 08

Hagerstown, MD

#14 Apr 6, 2009
What a loser.
Glad you got caught and didn't kill anyone in the process.

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

#15 Apr 6, 2009
Just plain nuts. He needs to see the video on Youtube of the guy filming his ride that actually ends in his own fatality.
jr from the burg

Manahawkin, NJ

#16 Apr 6, 2009
I dont ride anymore but when I did I never went the speed limit, no one else does either. The State police should never have persued a person on a bike who was speeding. Its unnecessary and dangerous, if there had been a criminal reason of importance then maybe on rare occasion it could be necessary. Just by the poilice making this moronic ddecision they put many more lives in danger in a situation where no ones life was in danger to begin. If this had ended in a fatality for the rider or any other persons then the accident would have been at the fault of the police and the officers that initiated the chase should and possibley would have been held on manslaughter. Start thinking with your brains instead of your badges and whatever else you pompous pricks use to make sure you feel superior to all around you

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 08

Hagerstown, MD

#17 Apr 6, 2009
You can't be serious?
jr from the burg wrote:
I dont ride anymore but when I did I never went the speed limit, no one else does either. The State police should never have persued a person on a bike who was speeding. Its unnecessary and dangerous, if there had been a criminal reason of importance then maybe on rare occasion it could be necessary. Just by the poilice making this moronic ddecision they put many more lives in danger in a situation where no ones life was in danger to begin. If this had ended in a fatality for the rider or any other persons then the accident would have been at the fault of the police and the officers that initiated the chase should and possibley would have been held on manslaughter. Start thinking with your brains instead of your badges and whatever else you pompous **** use to make sure you feel superior to all around you
Ex News Ed

York, PA

#18 Apr 6, 2009
Too bad this idiot couldn't realize my dream of him becoming an Organ Donor, LOL.
Bunky

York, PA

#19 Apr 6, 2009
one_stupid_redneck wrote:
I can evade the police.
Yeah?

Well, when you go to the point of being able to evade a wide-area radio network or ahelicopter, let me know.

:)
mee

Chambersburg, PA

#20 Apr 6, 2009
jr from the burg wrote:
I dont ride anymore but when I did I never went the speed limit, no one else does either. The State police should never have persued a person on a bike who was speeding. Its unnecessary and dangerous, if there had been a criminal reason of importance then maybe on rare occasion it could be necessary. Just by the poilice making this moronic ddecision they put many more lives in danger in a situation where no ones life was in danger to begin. If this had ended in a fatality for the rider or any other persons then the accident would have been at the fault of the police and the officers that initiated the chase should and possibley would have been held on manslaughter. Start thinking with your brains instead of your badges and whatever else you pompous **** use to make sure you feel superior to all around you
rules need to be followed, if there were no rules there would be choas. drving 90mph is not safe for anyone the driver or others on and off the road.
Check again

Norfolk, VA

#21 Apr 6, 2009
I hope that passenger knocked the p**p out of him when they finally stopped.

What a loser. And so is anyone condoning his dangerous behavior. So there.*sticks out tongue*
HEV

Philadelphia, PA

#22 Apr 6, 2009
The passenger with him was a female. I wonder if she told him to stop and let her off? If she did, and he refused, could he also be charged with kidnapping?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Strasburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
**FlatLine's Intercourse Last Post Wins Thread** Jul 16 Princess Hey 21
Intercourse Music Thread (Nov '14) Jul 8 Musikologist 5
Lancaster Puppies PA Puppy Mill (Feb '13) Jul 7 Morgan01 50
Thinking of moving to Quarryville...!? (Jan '07) May '17 Bikester Grist 13
jamie Finnefrock trump rant guy (Nov '16) Mar '17 cody 3
kyle Finnefrock Yoders Restaurant (Nov '16) Nov '16 ok 1
News Prosecutor: Slain mom, girl were witnesses agai... (Aug '15) Aug '15 About time 1

Strasburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Strasburg Mortgages