Since: Aug 12

Westminster, SC

#14045 Nov 21, 2012
And strickland will make jobs by legalizing brothels.
To bad all the pretty girls in Ohio have already moved to right to work states.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14046 Nov 21, 2012
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Nah. Plenty of beautiful women here. In fact, I was listening to the Howard Stern show one day after he was in Cleveland. He went to a strip club and said he never expected to see such beautiful girls here. He said they were more beautiful than the women in New York.

While Strickland was Governor and Kookcinich was the congressional representative of Cleveland, our city was rated the poorest city twice in three years. The only reason Cleveland wasn't the poorest city three times is because Detroit took a turn for the worst. This is not to mention that a few years ago, Cleveland led the nation in depopulation. Instead of addressing the situation, Kookcinich decided for another failed presidential nomination run.

Cleveland is still in pretty bad shape. But what should we expect? The city has been under Democrat leadership for decades in a county run by mostly Democrat politicians--half of them in jail now.

Westminster, SC

#14047 Nov 21, 2012
Then why can't a tv camera find one damn pretty woman at any sporting events in Ohio anymore?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14048 Nov 21, 2012
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Russian writer:‘Obama's fools, Stalin's fools share the same drink of illusion’
A week and a half since the 2012 presidential elections, observations and commentaries continue not just on the U.S., but from overseas concerning the reelection of President Obama. Some of the more vocal against the reelection come from writers based in Russia or are Russian born having lived under communism under the oppressive former Soviet Union (U.S.S.R.).
Xavier Lerma, a freelance conservative writer and columnist for the Russian news organization, Pravda, living in Moscow had much to say today about the reelection of President Obama and the American people.
In his column, he wrote,“Putin in 2009 outlined his strategy for economic success. Alas, poor Obama did the opposite but nevertheless was re-elected. Bye, bye Miss American Pie. The communists have won in America with Obama but failed miserably in Russia with Zyuganov who only received 17% of the vote. Vladimir Putin was re-elected as President keeping the NWO order out of Russia while America continues to repeat the Soviet mistake.”
Lerma pointed out that in 2009; Vladimir Putin who was Prime Minister of Russia at the time gave a speech at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. Lerma stated that Putin said that the world should avoid the Soviet mistake and said this:
"We are reducing taxes on production, investing money in the economy. We are optimizing state expenses. The second possible mistake would be excessive interference into the economic life of the country and the absolute faith into the all-mightiness of the state. There are no grounds to suggest that by putting the responsibility over to the state, one can achieve better results…Unreasonable expansion of the budget deficit, accumulation of the national debt - are as destructive as an adventurous stock market game.”
“During the time of the Soviet Union the role of the state in economy was made absolute, which eventually lead to the total non-competitiveness of the economy. That lesson cost us very dearly. I am sure no one would want history to repeat itself.”
How ironically familiar....
How so?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14049 Nov 21, 2012
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
would seem to anyone with their eyes open, that the Unions hate jobs.
after a second run at Hostess to save or end 19,000 jobs, the Union picked end 19,000 jobs permanently.
The Governor of Ohio had nothing to do with it.
The Union destroyed these 19,000 jobs all by themselves.
Merry Christmas to all you past Hostess employees from your union stewards.
That company died from years of mismanagement.

I am interested in hearing your theories on how the union destroyed the jobs, right after you explain how Texas can be divided into 5 smaller states and how the people of Texas need to get that done before the end of the year.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14050 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, this was irresponsible of Kasich. A responsible governor would have wasted our tax dollars on a train nobody would use to create temporary jobs. Then of course taxpayer dollars would be needed to maintain the train since it couldn't generate enough money to support itself.
If you want a panty waste governor like that, then vote for Strickland next election. At least with Strickland, we were 8 billion in debt and growing. That's the key to success for any state. Just think, if we had Democrat leadership in Ohio now, we might be at 9.5% unemployment instead of the current 6.9%. But that's the Democrat way, just like with the last presidential election: vote for failure.
Right, because the auto industry rescue has nothing to do with Ohio's unemployment rate.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14051 Nov 21, 2012
UdintBuildThat wrote:
I know, right? And as a result, Ohio has lost all of its electoral influence, hasn't it?

Westminster, SC

#14052 Nov 21, 2012
You wake up at the crack of 9am Che?
And its not even the first of the month.

Westminster, SC

#14053 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, right? And as a result, Ohio has lost all of its electoral influence, hasn't it?
31% bubba....

Way to go Ohio..... Errr should I say......Vay to go Vohio....
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14054 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That company died from years of mismanagement.
I am interested in hearing your theories on how the union destroyed the jobs, right after you explain how Texas can be divided into 5 smaller states and how the people of Texas need to get that done before the end of the year.
So you are saying management walked off the job forcing the company to close? Gee, I just read on article that stated the employees union was disgruntled. They said one of their concerns was Hostess was making the same products they have for years, and nothing really new to meet the modern taste buds of the American consumer. They were concerned about nutrition, so they walked off the job. LOL!

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/topofthe...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14055 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, because the auto industry rescue has nothing to do with Ohio's unemployment rate.
A little, but not much. Kasich created over 100,000 jobs in Ohio--1,400 of them auto worker jobs.

Westminster, SC

#14056 Nov 21, 2012
That's a WHOPPING 1.4% of the total jobs created by Kasich..... Caesar sure does like hornin in on those numbers.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14057 Nov 21, 2012
UdintBuildThat wrote:
That's a WHOPPING 1.4% of the total jobs created by Kasich..... Caesar sure does like hornin in on those numbers.
That's his nature. He's a Democrat, so he's a born liar.

The few things DumBama did that turned out to be good things, Democrats credit him. The rest of the bad things, that's Bush's fault, Republican Congresses fault, tsunamis fault, ATM machines fault, Japanese earthquakes fault, Limbaugh's fault..........
frogmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#14058 Nov 21, 2012
youtube.com/watch... ……………old fart or young stinkers next time fella
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14059 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying management walked off the job forcing the company to close? Gee, I just read on article that stated the employees union was disgruntled. They said one of their concerns was Hostess was making the same products they have for years, and nothing really new to meet the modern taste buds of the American consumer. They were concerned about nutrition, so they walked off the job. LOL!
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/topofthe...
No, what I am saying is this is Hostess' second bankruptcy filing in the last 10 years. That during the first, the workers gave back $10 million dollars that wasn't reinvested but rather was used, in part, to give corporate officers 75% raises, paying its CEO $100,000/month. I am saying that Hostess had 6 different management teams over the last 10 years. I am saying that Hostess had stopped paying its employee pension obligations. I am saying that Hostess has been under the control of private equity firms whose business is to load a company up with debt, suck the life out of it and then close.

To suggest that the demise of that company is simply because a union chose not to make a second round of concessions is ludicrous.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14060 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
A little, but not much. Kasich created over 100,000 jobs in Ohio--1,400 of them auto worker jobs.
I asked this months ago and no one had an answer. What exactly has Kasich done to "create" all of these jobs you claim he is responsible for?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14061 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's his nature. He's a Democrat, so he's a born liar.
The few things DumBama did that turned out to be good things, Democrats credit him. The rest of the bad things, that's Bush's fault, Republican Congresses fault, tsunamis fault, ATM machines fault, Japanese earthquakes fault, Limbaugh's fault..........
Is your bitterness the result of the fact that you were never able to advance yourself beyond being a glorified mule?
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#14062 Nov 21, 2012
titonton duvaunte pants wrote:
Btw the kos is a left wing blog. http://www.rightspeak.net/2012/10/team-obama-... so here is a right wing blog that discredits it. Now I don't agree with all the opinions. But this blog proves that there are lies printed in the sacred leftwing blogs you linked...
BTW I already pointed out that kos is a leftwing blog. I also stated that the page you posted was biased like the ones I used so really you are going nowhere fast on something nobody cares about. I used my point about second hand smoke because it goes along with the climate change issue that was being discussed. You blabber on about sour grapes and the only reason it's even being talked about is because I whooped your @ss by calling you out on it and you can't get over it. I'm tired of talking in circles with your ignorant @ss. Perhaps if you had something valid to say.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14063 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what I am saying is this is Hostess' second bankruptcy filing in the last 10 years. That during the first, the workers gave back $10 million dollars that wasn't reinvested but rather was used, in part, to give corporate officers 75% raises, paying its CEO $100,000/month. I am saying that Hostess had 6 different management teams over the last 10 years. I am saying that Hostess had stopped paying its employee pension obligations. I am saying that Hostess has been under the control of private equity firms whose business is to load a company up with debt, suck the life out of it and then close.
To suggest that the demise of that company is simply because a union chose not to make a second round of concessions is ludicrous.
Okay, so they chose not to work for less money. How are those employees doing today? Are they better off than when they had a job regardless of it's pay?

I never said that the unions were entirely at fault for the companies problems, but they are at fault for virtually shutting the place down. See, in the non-union work world, you have no choice if your company is doing badly (for whatever reason) so you either work for what is offered to you, or you find another job. Hostess's problems are similar to problems a lot of companies have. My company no different.

My employer had a policy since he started the company: every employee gets a guaranteed 40 hours per week. During the heart of the recession, I and a few of my fellow coworkers realized that our company had no future because my boss was paying us to sit in parking lots all day long. We addressed my employer demanding that he only use us for the hours he needed us for and pay us accordingly. Forget about the 40 hour pay guarantee.

My boss resisted, but we finally talked him into it. Sure, it was tough living on 28 or 30 hour paychecks, but it beat seeing one or more of our fellow coworkers getting laid off or having the company shut down. What we did was a great help to my employer, but it wasn't enough. After a while, he removed the 40 hour guarantee for all employees--not just those of us who demanded it.

After things got a little better, my employer confided in me. He said that he was only two weeks from closing the company. He had exhausted all funds, and couldn't borrow any more money.

Now if we had a union, chances are they would have bled my boss for everything he had. Without a doubt, my employer would have closed the doors forever. And don't say that unions aren't that way, because we've lost customer after customer because unions refused to back down. The companies either closed or moved out of the state or country.
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#14065 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so they chose not to work for less money. How are those employees doing today? Are they better off than when they had a job regardless of it's pay?
I never said that the unions were entirely at fault for the companies problems, but they are at fault for virtually shutting the place down. See, in the non-union work world, you have no choice if your company is doing badly (for whatever reason) so you either work for what is offered to you, or you find another job. Hostess's problems are similar to problems a lot of companies have. My company no different.
My employer had a policy since he started the company: every employee gets a guaranteed 40 hours per week. During the heart of the recession, I and a few of my fellow coworkers realized that our company had no future because my boss was paying us to sit in parking lots all day long. We addressed my employer demanding that he only use us for the hours he needed us for and pay us accordingly. Forget about the 40 hour pay guarantee.
My boss resisted, but we finally talked him into it. Sure, it was tough living on 28 or 30 hour paychecks, but it beat seeing one or more of our fellow coworkers getting laid off or having the company shut down. What we did was a great help to my employer, but it wasn't enough. After a while, he removed the 40 hour guarantee for all employees--not just those of us who demanded it.
After things got a little better, my employer confided in me. He said that he was only two weeks from closing the company. He had exhausted all funds, and couldn't borrow any more money.
Now if we had a union, chances are they would have bled my boss for everything he had. Without a doubt, my employer would have closed the doors forever. And don't say that unions aren't that way, because we've lost customer after customer because unions refused to back down. The companies either closed or moved out of the state or country.
So then why doesn't mangement hire some sumcks off the street to do this work. Because they can't ... They wan't all they can get and more from the union membership with nothing given back by them. That is why they are saying enough is enough...... The upper mangment is also going to lose their pay because they are so greedy. Ask them how they fell and you will see they are more worried about the future than someone with a skill.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cuyahoga Falls Music Emporium (Oct '12) Dec 22 Musikologist 11
Looking for Lorie (Jun '10) Dec 21 Califguy 15
Tallmadge police arrest Akron man in theft of p... Dec 14 Lucas Mccain 1
Review: N&M Audio & Repair Dec 8 kevin 1
Samuel D Faulkner, Use of Force expert exposed ... (Oct '13) Nov '14 youre no daisy 6
Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Nov '14 Riff 139
Stow High shooting in 1972 (Oct '12) Nov '14 Steve 28
Stow Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Stow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Stow News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Stow

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News