Man warned about toting pellet gun

Full story: Akron Beacon Journal

Family members of a 20-year-old Akron man fatally shot by police Monday night say they warned him repeatedly about leaving home with his pellet gun.
Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Tuesday Jul 8
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BJBB

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2006

Obviously this will have to be investigated, but it sounds completely justified based only on what I've read here.
His Aunt

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2006

It was reported that the call came in at 8:20. Jesse Wigle was pronounced dead at 8:40. Was that officer an undercover officer or a uniformed officer? I understand that there may have been an undercover officer following him. It was reported that Jesse had been showing the gun walking down the street. The officer would have had time to look at this gun if he was following Jesse. If he were in plain clothes-why wouldn't Jesse have pointed it? It could have been a friend of the guy he was having a confrontation with. Why was the guy with the knife let go? Why did the guy who was in the fight with Jesse leave and go to Jesse's mother's house right after it happened? What wrong with this picture? I want to know if the officer was in uniform or an undercover police officer or a police officer off duty in plain clothes. I WANT TO KNOW.
Jesse was not an angel by any means, but he could have been saved.
BJBB

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2006

I offer sincere condolences for your loss. I hope the investigation is fair to both sides. You raise good questions, I hope you get answers. It is a sad and unfortunate event regardless of the circumstances.
Mike M

North East, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2006

His Aunt wrote:
It was reported that the call came in at 8:20. Jesse Wigle was pronounced dead at 8:40. Was that officer an undercover officer or a uniformed officer? I understand that there may have been an undercover officer following him. It was reported that Jesse had been showing the gun walking down the street. The officer would have had time to look at this gun if he was following Jesse. If he were in plain clothes-why wouldn't Jesse have pointed it? It could have been a friend of the guy he was having a confrontation with. Why was the guy with the knife let go? Why did the guy who was in the fight with Jesse leave and go to Jesse's mother's house right after it happened? What wrong with this picture? I want to know if the officer was in uniform or an undercover police officer or a police officer off duty in plain clothes. I WANT TO KNOW.
Jesse was not an angel by any means, but he could have been saved.
All this supposition would not be there if it were your life in danger, I think your "questions" are absurd,It is a sad situation on both sides,Indeed there is something wrong with this picture and you need not look far to find the problem,If he could have been saved then where were you when he went to prison? or when he was going out with a gun,It is totally irrelevent if this officer(s) was in uniform, undercover, or not, People far away heard the command to DROP the gun 3 times, I feel sorry for people who have to live in that community with its crime and blight which is so apparent by merely driving through the area.I sympathize with the family , But anyone can see the police acted correctly.
Alex L

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

Mike M wrote:
<quoted text>All this supposition would not be there if it were your life in danger, I think your "questions" are absurd,It is a sad situation on both sides,Indeed there is something wrong with this picture and you need not look far to find the problem,If he could have been saved then where were you when he went to prison? or when he was going out with a gun,It is totally irrelevent if this officer(s) was in uniform, undercover, or not, People far away heard the command to DROP the gun 3 times, I feel sorry for people who have to live in that community with its crime and blight which is so apparent by merely driving through the area.I sympathize with the family , But anyone can see the police acted correctly.
Mike M.... Who the hell do you think you are? If your son or newphew was killed, wouldn't you want to know everything you could about the situation? Did you know that the "off duty officer" knew Jesse personally? Did you know that the kid he had the altercation with was yelling that the gun was fake? If the off duty officer or undercover officer was in plain clothing, and had a gun ,telling him to drop his gun, why would jesse even think he was a police officer? Maybe the officer acted correctly but maybe he didn't. It isn't fair for you or anyone else to decide what questions are or aren't absured to ask. And maybe his immediate family wasn't there for him while he was in prison but he was my best friend and was concidered a part of my family and we were there for him while he was incarcerated at Richland so it really doesn't matter. Jesse was a good person at heart but made some bad decisions. God Rest his Soul.
danielle s

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2006

jesse and all of us act stupid sometimes, but hey, every teenager does something stupid at least once, we can't all be perfect living in a dysfuntional world...that old pig probably didn't even know it was a pellet gun, his sight too hard with age. but no offense seriously, i miss my dawg man...he was great and funny, if you knew him, it was just like our posse... we had fun, good times and bad, some stupid decisions....yes, he was drunk and high when he raised the gun, but hey, the cop should've tasered him at least or shot below the waist, instead of killing him....i thought first offense was shooting below the waist..maybe i'm wrong, but neways, he was a great friend even though we hung out not as much as some of his friends, but may he rest in peace! and his words to us..
"yo, if i die before u guys, i want u to snort my ashes to have a lil bit of me in ya wherever u go.."
jesse~
Matthew S

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

That's cops for ya. Why not shoot the arm or shoulder holding the gun? Why not a leg? Shoot my knee cap I'm going down. Get my fuckin point? Barber ton cops can b*&% me. I got pulled over with Jesse and I got 7 tickets in one stop. Look em up!! Miss ya bro.
Matt de Kat

Yorba Linda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Hey suckie! Stay away from de theaters - I'm de fatman!
The Rifelman

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

You'll put your eye out-you'll put your eye out!!!
mike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Matthew S wrote:
That's cops for ya. Why not shoot the arm or shoulder holding the gun? Why not a leg? Shoot my knee cap I'm going down. Get my fuckin point? Barber ton cops can b*&% me. I got pulled over with Jesse and I got 7 tickets in one stop. Look em up!! Miss ya bro.
wow - you sound like a real winner. I hope you and the rest of your stupid friends gets shot next.

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Since: Mar 07

Your Neighbor & Friend

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Don't take your gun to town, son.

Leave your gun at home, son.

Don't take your gun to town.

So sang the Man in Black.
theromanempireba nd Smelly

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Matt de Kat wrote:
Robb Barham
The Roman Empire
4 Orville Gardens
Leeds, West Yorkshire LS62BS GB
+44.01132781445
THEROMANEMPIRE.INFO contact@theromanempire.info https://soundcloud.com/theromanempire
The Roman Empire
Leeds/Manchester, Britain (UK)
Admin ID: tua04t6xoIjOOEAs
theromanempireband@googlemail. com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Roman-Empir...
http://theromanempire.info/shopping/images/tr...
Blind Pilot

Albany, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

This here be the sponge dn empire! melissa be Queen.

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Since: Mar 07

Your Neighbor & Friend

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Blind Pilot wrote:
This here be the sponge dn empire! melissa be Queen.
Mel's the Queen of green. Sponge Don's green. No wonder he's taxing us to hell!
Matthew S

Whitmore Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Matt de Kat wrote:
Ppl talk big words on the net
Matthew S

Whitmore Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Mike be brave and state your full name. Please? He didn't deserve to be killed. He was defending his brother that had been attacked.
mike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

yea - im sure he was an upstanding citizen - probably a volunteer at a local nursing home.
Kim

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

The officers did the right thing. with all you idiots killing innocent children why do you get to ignore the law?! where were the parents? and you need your Asses beat when growing up maybe you would have respect for others and their lives. good job to the Police officers doing their jobs protecting those of US who are upstanding citizens. don't Fuck our community up with your welfare project Asses. go back to wherever it was ya came from. Barberton don't want you rejects.
MARSHAL MAX

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Another inbred hillbillie taking a dirt nippynap!!!. Great shooting officers-commendations and a pay raise for all involved. Great shooting!!!
Ihearthookup

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

And why is this being talked about 7 years later.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stow Discussions

Search the Stow Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 9 min They cannot kill a Spook 29,085
Samuel D Faulkner, Use of Force expert exposed ... (Oct '13) 9 hr nosupermanfan 4
Dog, team gone? (Sep '06) 11 hr Bikramprasad100 705
Gay Games Rodeo coming to Summit County Fairgro... 12 hr Homeless Wino Pete 20
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 20 NSA 229
Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Jul 16 Slide 136
Smelly city drinking water gets a dose of carbon (Aug '08) Jul 6 miss fortune 16
•••
•••
•••
•••

Stow Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Stow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••