Ex-con from Ivy Bend area is charged ...

Ex-con from Ivy Bend area is charged with two murders in Morgan County

There are 32 comments on the KYTV Springfield story from Dec 7, 2012, titled Ex-con from Ivy Bend area is charged with two murders in Morgan County. In it, KYTV Springfield reports that:

A convicted burglar who lives a mile away from two elderly murder victims is charged with breaking into their home and beating them to death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KYTV Springfield.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
IVY bend resident

Barnesville, OH

#1 Dec 7, 2012
THE morgan county JIM PETTY SHERIFF with his catch and release program .MAYBE they will stop letting these kind of criminals out back on the street.THEY need to clean the area of all criminals 1 of the most criminal is TEDDY BROWN and all those who are affiliated with him .SUCH as RON BLOWERS.
sassy54

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Dec 8, 2012
Jim Petty is the sheriff..he is not the judge and/or jury...I think the judges should be the ones to blame. Mr Petty and his deputies do their jobs by arresting them!!!
Glass Cutter

Belton, MO

#3 Dec 8, 2012
Is anyone surprised? Really...
not ur business

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Dec 9, 2012
If u do drugs it makes u crazy all or most do drugs down in the bend dumb asses.
just saying

Dixon, MO

#5 Dec 9, 2012
not ur business wrote:
If u do drugs it makes u crazy all or most do drugs down in the bend dumb asses.
"NO" theres a lot of people in the bend that DON"T take drugs. YOU SIR: are an A&&...drugs are every where. well let me tell you.. people in the bend are sick & tired of the crap.. city of stover has as maybe more drugies than the bend. if the officials cant help us than by God we will clean it up ourselfs. at least we know who the drugies are. so if your one of them you better move out NOW.
morgana

Springfield, IL

#6 Dec 10, 2012
I grew up in ivy bend my grandma has lived there for many years... I also went to school and was a friend of ron blowers for almost eight years...drugs make people do crazy things apparently ...he was never violent in the past and I feel horrible that two innocent people are dead but if Morgan county would help the teenagers who get in trouble instead of just labeling them as trouble because they believe they can't be anything else ...by the way I know Teddy brown and raydon Maddy and my parents were two there that associated with them...these kids are not horrible...they are misguided low income youths who need help instead of harrassment.
Lawman

Sheridan, AR

#7 Dec 10, 2012
morgana wrote:
I grew up in ivy bend my grandma has lived there for many years... I also went to school and was a friend of ron blowers for almost eight years...drugs make people do crazy things apparently ...he was never violent in the past and I feel horrible that two innocent people are dead but if Morgan county would help the teenagers who get in trouble instead of just labeling them as trouble because they believe they can't be anything else ...by the way I know Teddy brown and raydon Maddy and my parents were two there that associated with them...these kids are not horrible...they are misguided low income youths who need help instead of harrassment.
he will get help in prison the rest of his life!
just saying

Dixon, MO

#8 Dec 10, 2012
morgana wrote:
"Hang on there" I started to agree with you till you came up with the names BROWN/MADDYS..that broke the straw. I know Ron. I think he was sit up. hes not a bad person. well as far as Brown & maddy goes thats a whole new story. and by God they all know what right or wrong. Teddy & ray ray RJ, they are the trouble in the bend. they wont work. they want to steal from people who worked for what they have. and if you know them you know they are drugies and DEALERS. when i was young i was poor too. but i didnt do any thing they do. BECAUSE I KNEW BETTER.so being poor is no excuse. they are just plain rotten. and good liars. and their mom Carol was the biggest problem. so was their granddad Jenkins. maybe now the people in the bend will stick together and run all the scumb out. I know Rons parents is good parents. good people. this is killing them. my heart goes out to them. also the children of the slain people.. terible just terible...
morgana

Springfield, IL

#9 Dec 10, 2012
I completely agree on the maddys I grew up poor down there and know what they do i was just pointing out the fact that I know the kids people are comparing ron to and yes Jim and phillis are wonderful... and my heart goes out to them..always have
just saying

Dixon, MO

#10 Dec 11, 2012
morgana wrote:
I completely agree on the maddys I grew up poor down there and know what they do i was just pointing out the fact that I know the kids people are comparing ron to and yes Jim and phillis are wonderful... and my heart goes out to them..always have
Thank you... Ron has always been a respectable to everyone.. I still think theres more to it. so does most in ivy bend. I seen all the kids grow up here.. I seen lots of the parents turn their heads to what their kids do.. All this is a real sad thing to happen..I seen 7 & 8 year olds running the roads at 2-3 in the mornings. if anything maybe this will open the parents eyes to what can happen.sad sad
morgana

Springfield, IL

#11 Dec 11, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you... Ron has always been a respectable to everyone.. I still think theres more to it. so does most in ivy bend. I seen all the kids grow up here.. I seen lots of the parents turn their heads to what their kids do.. All this is a real sad thing to happen..I seen 7 & 8 year olds running the roads at 2-3 in the mornings. if anything maybe this will open the parents eyes to what can happen.sad sad

I have a hard time beleiving that ron could do this horrible crime without being out of his mind...and the sad thing is that I'm positive someone pressured him back into Meth..he told me he wanted to be clean...and even then the timeline is very doubtful ...Jim and phillis said ron didn't leave house till 6pm and at 615 he's in wreck... 15 minutes just doesn't add up ..unless there was someone else with him...
wake up

Damascus, AR

#12 Dec 11, 2012
morgana wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a hard time beleiving that ron could do this horrible crime without being out of his mind...and the sad thing is that I'm positive someone pressured him back into Meth..he told me he wanted to be clean...and even then the timeline is very doubtful ...Jim and phillis said ron didn't leave house till 6pm and at 615 he's in wreck... 15 minutes just doesn't add up ..unless there was someone else with him...
Wow this is amazing!!! These people always lie and deny, there kids are always innocent. Please... Parents that are enablers should be held accountable just like the monsters they create!!!
Andy

Sheridan, AR

#13 Dec 11, 2012
If anybody else is in on it, hope they catch them too. I have no use for pill poppers or druggies.....
morgana

Springfield, IL

#14 Dec 11, 2012
wake up wrote:
<quoted text>Wow this is amazing!!! These people always lie and deny, there kids are always innocent. Please... Parents that are enablers should be held accountable just like the monsters they create!!!
I agree full heartedly but not relevant in this case these parents tried to help their son and have held him responsible for his actions before..even turned him in when he was supposed to be home and wasn't ...they are good people and on this I am WIDE AWAKE
morgana

Springfield, IL

#15 Dec 11, 2012
Andy wrote:
If anybody else is in on it, hope they catch them too. I have no use for pill poppers or druggies.....
I hope so too...
confused

Quitman, AR

#16 Dec 11, 2012
I hope the parole board that turned this kid loose are doing some real soul searching as they have to share the responsibility for this terrible crime. Back in prison in July for probation violations and turned loose in November on what was to be a 4 year sentence, something is very very wrong here.

Knowing wrong from right is different than doing wrong from right. That is where the disconnect happens and people get hurt.
just saying

Dixon, MO

#17 Dec 11, 2012
confused wrote:
I hope the parole board that turned this kid loose are doing some real soul searching as they have to share the responsibility for this terrible crime. Back in prison in July for probation violations and turned loose in November on what was to be a 4 year sentence, something is very very wrong here.
Knowing wrong from right is different than doing wrong from right. That is where the disconnect happens and people get hurt.
"question" do you know this kid. Ron? if not dont judge... no one is saying he didnt do it. but we"re saying its not like him to harm someone. and something isnt right here. just wait.. things will be coming out that will blow your mind. Yes.. theres a lot more people involed. we all hope they are all caught. every one is locking there doors and taking up arms to protect them selfs.. BECAUSE. we know theres murderer"s still walking around the bend.
ask anyone in the bend they"ll tell you theres more to it. and Rons mom & dad are wonderful people. they dont take up for the wrong Ron does. sooo..untill we all find out the facts lets be careful what we write on here. of course i know you"ll have a smart remark to answere this. go
morgana

Springfield, IL

#18 Dec 11, 2012
Thank you " just saying"
confused

Quitman, AR

#19 Dec 11, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
"question" do you know this kid. Ron? if not dont judge... no one is saying he didnt do it. but we"re saying its not like him to harm someone. and something isnt right here. just wait.. things will be coming out that will blow your mind. Yes.. theres a lot more people involed. we all hope they are all caught. every one is locking there doors and taking up arms to protect them selfs.. BECAUSE. we know theres murderer"s still walking around the bend.
ask anyone in the bend they"ll tell you theres more to it. and Rons mom & dad are wonderful people. they dont take up for the wrong Ron does. sooo..untill we all find out the facts lets be careful what we write on here. of course i know you"ll have a smart remark to answere this. go
I would only make one suggestion to you. If you know or suspect that you know who the other individuals are that were participants in this terrible crime. Please contact the police and help you and your neighbors have a safer place in which to live.
just saying

Dixon, MO

#20 Dec 11, 2012
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
I would only make one suggestion to you. If you know or suspect that you know who the other individuals are that were participants in this terrible crime. Please contact the police and help you and your neighbors have a safer place in which to live.
thank you.. police have been told. by many here. cant say too much on here. but the police are aware of a lot. now we have to wait and let them do their job. hopefully they will solve it soon. its such a terrible mess. my heart goes out to the kids of the Wells. also to the parents of Ron.and to the community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How do you like Hillary now? Jul 25 wendy 50
Will Travis Smith really go on Trial December 7th? Jul 15 Gladhegone 3
Morgan County Health Center Theft Jul 13 Karma 1
Mike Baker (Jan '14) Jul 7 Concerned2Friend 10
Debate: Gay Marriage - Cole Camp, MO (Aug '10) Jun 29 curtis is Strange 271
Danner Family Jun '15 angelica 15
Is the Stover fair parade cancel do to the weat... Jun '15 From Stover 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stover Mortgages