Will you vote to increase your taxes ...

Will you vote to increase your taxes for the Morgan Co R1 School?

Created by tightwad on Feb 1, 2012

179 votes

Click on an option to vote

No , I have to tighten my budget, so should they.

Yes, I'm okay with giving them more money.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tightwad

Dixon, MO

#1 Feb 3, 2012
place your vote, speak out loud!
outsider

Crocker, MO

#2 Feb 3, 2012
I have heard alot of people say that as long as they are letting a felon work at the school they will vote no and that goes for me also...
Well

Warrensburg, MO

#3 Feb 6, 2012
You haven't had a tax increase in twenty years how do you expect the school to improve? Buck up stover. Also reveal who the felon is...
By Golly

Dixon, MO

#4 Feb 6, 2012
Well wrote:
You haven't had a tax increase in twenty years how do you expect the school to improve? Buck up stover. Also reveal who the felon is...
They been doing fine without a tax increase. If they never screwed up and overpaid, they would be allright.The felon is the person that had been stealing from them for years.
Well

Warrensburg, MO

#5 Feb 7, 2012
You need to look at your previous superintendent and your school board
Duh

San Antonio, TX

#6 Feb 7, 2012
Well wrote:
You need to look at your previous superintendent and your school board
Need to look at jw hired! Been stealing for years.
Well

Warrensburg, MO

#7 Feb 7, 2012
Who was over paid? And define fine.
outsider

Crocker, MO

#8 Feb 7, 2012
It's the former mayor thats the 2 time felon and still drives for the school...
Duh

San Antonio, TX

#9 Feb 7, 2012
outsider wrote:
It's the former mayor thats the 2 time felon and still drives for the school...
There is another one!
Duh

San Antonio, TX

#10 Feb 7, 2012
Its going to get worse!
Travis

San Antonio, TX

#11 Feb 12, 2012
I am laughing at this question! Will i vote to raise my taxes?
BullCrap

Dixon, MO

#12 Feb 12, 2012
Not no but HELL NO! Taxes here are high enough!
BullCrap

Dixon, MO

#13 Feb 12, 2012
Well wrote:
I bet your a school teacher or you work for the school
Whitney lover

San Antonio, TX

#14 Feb 12, 2012
They need to cut off jobs, and cut back on insurance.
Well

Warrensburg, MO

#15 Feb 13, 2012
Sorry not a teacher nor do I work at school. I'm a concerned citizen. If cutting jobs I'd start with administration I'd also clean out the school board and start over its their error that caused this
Whitney lover

San Antonio, TX

#16 Feb 14, 2012
Well wrote:
Sorry not a teacher nor do I work at school. I'm a concerned citizen. If cutting jobs I'd start with administration I'd also clean out the school board and start over its their error that caused this
There are positions that can be cut.
Stover Teacher

United States

#17 Feb 14, 2012
There is no right answer to this issue. Mistakes were made and now we as a community have to help fix this problem. I have seen stover come together and help those in need when there is a tragedy, why not now? I believe that there is a law that states that a convicted felon can not work at a school district. Look it up. Put your school board to task. We will have to raise taxes no matter what. The world is completely different than it was 20 years ago. Remember $1 gas. Also, please some one run for school board. We have had the same "good old boys" for much too long. If you cut insurance and freeze salaries many of the great teachers will not be able to afford to teach. Its really about the money people. Yes, we need to down size and make cuts.
Outsider

Crocker, MO

#18 Feb 14, 2012
Wonderful commit Stover Teacher,but if there is a Law that states that No convicted felon can work for or at a school district than why is the double felon Scott Beckmann still driving a school bus? I feel the example he has set for the community by his actions is not one that i would want him to install into the children and by the school board or Good old Boys allowing him to drive is saying that his action are okay and as long as they are supporting him and over looking the good qualities we need our children to be around,there are alot of people that will be voting NO..So if the school wants support they need to stand up for whats right and not for the Good Old Boy crap and clean house like they did up at the City Hall..
Why cry

San Antonio, TX

#19 Feb 14, 2012
You must hate scott real bad. What did he do to you? All you do is cry on topics! Get a life outsider! Nobody listens to crybabies.
tightwad

Dixon, MO

#20 Feb 27, 2012
just curious how the community stands on this subject now, are you voting yes or no?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the cops and the nursing home 22 hr Helen Taylor 19
News Three Stover Men Arrested After Police Break Up... (Jan '16) Sat Anonymous 33
Local theft ring (Jan '16) Fri Anonymous 41
Cash Crop Jul 14 Green hills 2
finding roy harleman (Oct '13) Jul 2 KGB 5
Lorretta Mobley Jun 28 Admirer 3
Gays in Tipton? (Sep '11) Jun '16 Kirby Klown 25

Stover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stover Mortgages