Why is this church still in the Lamine Baptist Association?!!?!?!?!

Posted in the Stover Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Confused

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

I am confused as to why this church still in the association!!! I think that the church should be kicked out for supporting an obvious child molester. If Lamine wont kick SFBC out then our churches should withhold our support from The Lamine Baptist Association until that happens. With Lamine still being affiliated with Stover First Baptist they are still affiliated with Travis Smith. It makes our churches look bad. We need to take a stand as Christians and say "This is not acceptable!!!" If SFBC wants to support their pastor on their own with no links to Lamine or any other local churches thats their issue. I dont want to see our churches tainted by association with SFBC and Travis Smith!!
OneofMany

Sunrise Beach, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Confused wrote:
I am confused as to why this church still in the association!!! I think that the church should be kicked out for supporting an obvious child molester. If Lamine wont kick SFBC out then our churches should withhold our support from The Lamine Baptist Association until that happens. With Lamine still being affiliated with Stover First Baptist they are still affiliated with Travis Smith. It makes our churches look bad. We need to take a stand as Christians and say "This is not acceptable!!!" If SFBC wants to support their pastor on their own with no links to Lamine or any other local churches thats their issue. I dont want to see our churches tainted by association with SFBC and Travis Smith!!
I couldnt agree more.. And as someone who has first hand witnessed the atrocities of this man, there is no doubt he has no business speaking for ANY church! much less being able to walk about in society and have people believe him to be innocent...
goodpoint

Dixon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

I agree, isn't this local association enabling the enablers?????
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

OneofMany wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldnt agree more.. And as someone who has first hand witnessed the atrocities of this man, there is no doubt he has no business speaking for ANY church! much less being able to walk about in society and have people believe him to be innocent...
Yes we must all be aware of False Prophets, but it does not condem the followers. Satan speaks with a Honeyed Tounge. We should stand in support of those led astray and be with them.
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we must all be aware of False Prophets, but it does not condem the followers. Satan speaks with a Honeyed Tounge. We should stand in support of those led astray and be with them.
And help them
Simon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

OneofMany wrote:
<quoted text>
You ALL feel this way about a Pastor, but you have compassion for the Cheif of Police? ARE YOU FRICKIN KIDDING ME!!!!
Confused

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

I like Trampus as a man. He is very nice, but I dont think he should be chief of police. Just like the church situation it sets a bad example. How can someone that is braking the be trusted to uphold it? As far a Travis Smith, I know him too. I do not think that he should be a pastor anymore. If he wants to come as part of the congregation, he should be welcomed. But not as a spiritual leader in the church.
forsure

Dixon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Yes confused, everyone should be welcome and encouraged to go to church. And we should all work on our imperfections whatever they are. I agree..
Pastor

Ewa Beach, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

October is typically when associations hold their annual meetings. Confused, have your church designate you as a messenger and go to the association meeting. Then, make the motion that the church be removed.

Many people probably assume that Someone Else will do it, but it is my experience that Mr. Else rarely speaks up at meetings.
goodpoint

Dixon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

preacher, while you make a logical suggestion this is not very realistic for a timid congregation member who isn't involved with the association procedures etc. Really the goal should not be to have the church out of the association but that they will clean up their act. It's a tough situation . I will say that it seems that all the preachers in this area having been nearly silent on this, yet this religion pushes that MEN SHOULD STAND UP AND TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS. Even on little house on the prarie the men of the town took care of business. Where is the church that ordained this man....their name is as much as his in that church. All I'm sayin is that the Men that are called to handle these matters should handle them.
Angel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

I know of one pastor that has told the association he withdrawing from the association until this is resolved. Hopefully others will follow him!!!
goodpoint

Dixon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Thank goodness for this ONE preacher. Perhaps the others are sleeping on the job. Look it's nice when someone can preach a good sermon and when God himself uses "unconventional methods" to lead people to Christ but the Baptist Association needs to get a handle on this...is this the type of behavior that you condone....is this the "testimonY" God wants to be shown to the area or the world for that matter....This is an easy answer...NOT at all.....For too long many "church leaders" or Christians have turned a blind eye wrong doing..."don't want to make waves" , "don't want to get involved" "it's not my business"....poppycock, nonsense that's what I say (spineless).....God expects us to be humble Christians, not judge others and definately work out our own problems but he never NEVER WOULD WANT US TO TURN A BLIND EYE TO CHILD MOLESTATION, RAPE, INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR AND INFIDELITY BY A PREACHER. Really, has it really been that difficult to decide whether you need to get involved. I am sorry I have lost my respect for many involved in this issue.
pointing out

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Everyone that wants to help needs to contact the Lamine Association and the Missouri Baptist Association, tell them to band the First Baptist Church of Stover. They can kick the church out of the Association,in turn alienating Smith's church. Just because the church is blind sided be a liar,why can't everyone else gather together and fight for the truth. This church is a horrible representation of what is morale and right. I hope the church people following Smith like helping rape and molest young girls because that is exactly what you are doing.
Angel

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

SFBC is no longer part of the Lamine Baptist Association!!!
supporter

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

It is about time that the Lamine Baptist Association woke up. They were told months ago that the church would not change their minds. What kind of representation have they been for your association now?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stover Discussions

Search the Stover Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Yellow Dawg Democrat 92,076
meth 13 hr citizen 5
Extra point (Feb '11) 13 hr citizen 121
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Mon SURPRIZE 6,870
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) Mon guest 18,906
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Mon guest 10,206
Review: Red Baron Sports Bar and Grill (Sep '12) Apr 13 Turned off 20
•••
•••
•••
Stover Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Stover Jobs

•••
•••