Jack B Quick

Crocker, MO

#1 Dec 2, 2012
What was that Saturday? Come on Chamber, you're really slipping. Get it back together (professionalism). The hand drawn signs were the worst. Go back to having it at night, two o'clock obviously is an error. Our community needs more than a candy grab. Pathetic.
Betty

Cape Girardeau, MO

#2 Dec 2, 2012
Jack B Quick wrote:
What was that Saturday? Come on Chamber, you're really slipping. Get it back together (professionalism). The hand drawn signs were the worst. Go back to having it at night, two o'clock obviously is an error. Our community needs more than a candy grab. Pathetic.
The Chamber used to do the parade at 1 pm, thought the point was to try to being some business to town, most places close at noon on Sat. So people had time to shop and then maybe go to one of the resturants for lunch. I was also told that they no longer take the parade through the nursing home lot so the residents can enjoy it.
doper

Lexington, KY

#3 Dec 2, 2012
Betty wrote:
<quoted text> The Chamber used to do the parade at 1 pm, thought the point was to try to being some business to town, most places close at noon on Sat. So people had time to shop and then maybe go to one of the resturants for lunch. I was also told that they no longer take the parade through the nursing home lot so the residents can enjoy it.
You must not know much about Stover. The parade goes right by the nursing home. There are large windows in the new addition where the residents could easily observe the parade as it goes by and on the return to Menning Tire where it started. I might suggest to you that you get involved in the chamber and there is where you can make a difference in how the parade is organized. Better place to put your energy than bitching here on topix.
Cmon

Lexington, KY

#4 Dec 3, 2012
Wow you losers, the parade was great! This is probly the old dog lady b!tcH!ng because they won't let her run it anymore. To whom the credit goes to though, the parade was great.
Ang Robinson

Sheridan, AR

#5 Dec 6, 2012
Suggestion to those that will take the time to answer: Please post on here what you would LIKE to see in the parade. Keep it nice, don't bash others, don't put someone down for their suggestion, don't be mean or ornery. Just give some suggestions as to what you think would make the parade better.
The Chamber doesn't control WHO puts a float in or what the float looks like. The entrants are simply people that have taken a little interest and showed up to be in the parade.
So instead of bashing and being out of sorts lets post a few things that you think would help. I'm not on the Chamber but I know a couple of the folks that are and I'd be happy to take your constructive suggestions to them!!
Andy

Lockhart, TX

#6 Dec 7, 2012
I really liked the parade!
Chris

United States

#7 Dec 7, 2012
Here is a clue! All those who think the parade sucked, help with next years parade. Otherwise, your opinion doesn't really count! If you can do better, make it work next year instead of someone else trying to please you!!!!
Mr T

Lees Summit, MO

#8 Dec 9, 2012
Cmon wrote:
Wow you losers, the parade was great! This is probly the old dog lady b!tcH!ng because they won't let her run it anymore. To whom the credit goes to though, the parade was great.
IM MR T and i pity the fool that thinks that parade was good!!!!!
Chris

United States

#9 Dec 9, 2012
Mr T wrote:
<quoted text>IM MR T and i pity the fool that thinks that parade was good!!!!!
Still not seeing anyone step forward to make the parade better. Less Bitch, more Helping is wanted!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Should Trampus Jackson resign as Chief of Police? (Jul '11) 15 hr Anom 100
Tipton mo police Wed Julie 79
Republicans (Jul '16) Jan 11 Vlad 96
ivy bend (Sep '10) Jan 10 angie 61
Old house/sanatorium on Hwy W question (Jul '13) Dec 21 jodyczapla 34
Any houses for rent in Cole Camp? (Feb '15) Nov '17 rocky 12
No More Taxes Nov '17 Renter 4

Stover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance