The Mayor & his buddy Sparks

Posted in the Stover Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Concerned Stover Citizen

Warrenton, MO

#1 Mar 11, 2009
Well, these two finally got their way and got Officer Cain dismissed from Stover. What a bunch of ignorant crap!! It's ashame that the crooked people get away with everything and whatever they want. It's already a fact that Sparkes is a liar and a thief yet people will take his word over an officer of law who has been fair and honest to everyone. Officer Cain was dedicated to keeping Stover a safe place for people to raise their families and be able to walk the streets at night.
For the first time in several years the people of Stover were happy with the police force. I think the CHIEF needs to stand up for his officers. This is very disappointing to the good citizens of Stover. We need a good police force. We had one. NOW it's falling apart all over again. Rick, yeah you. I heard you spouting your big mouth off about getting officer Cain fired. YOU are such a liar! You need to clean up your own dirt.
Mee

United States

#2 Mar 11, 2009
I agree with you 100 percent, Bruce was a good cop, they didn`t even hear Bruces side of the story,It is a shame.
eric

United States

#4 Mar 11, 2009
If they got rid of Bruce then good , he's a dog thief!!! You will find out it's the truth, check and see.
Citizen

Crocker, MO

#5 Mar 11, 2009
Eric--May I ask you what dog you are refering to? Did he steal one of yours?
OH BRUCE

Crocker, MO

#6 Mar 11, 2009
Eric is probably carol sue because I heard her trying to that story at a local store and I think she is a liar. WHY WAS BRUCE FIRED? He was the best darn cop we had!!!!
losing love for Stover

Leavenworth, KS

#7 Mar 12, 2009
What a terrible place this is to live in any more. So many liars.
eric

United States

#8 Mar 12, 2009
I don't know a Carol Sue but do know the people he stole the dog from and who he gave the dog to when he left the last time. He knew who owned the dog there were pictures everywhere and even in the cop shop. I live in Versailles. By the way the owners got their dog back after 1 year.
good job

Crocker, MO

#9 Mar 12, 2009
Wow,I was so worried when I seen him back in town. Thank God they got rid of him. He was already doing some sneeky shit. Very proud of who ever takes the credit for getting rid of him. He was no good.
OH BRUCE

Crocker, MO

#10 Mar 12, 2009
He did nothing sneaky and I would love you to prove it if he did. And eric IM SURE you don't know Carol Sue she is only the worst smelling lady around.
Citizen

Crocker, MO

#11 Mar 12, 2009
Isn't stealing someones pet a felony?
OH BRUCE

Crocker, MO

#12 Mar 12, 2009
We lost a darn good cop and still have a crappy mayor. I doubt he stole the dog, it probably ran away.
good job

Crocker, MO

#13 Mar 12, 2009
Oh,Bruce you dont know do you...I would think stealing a pet would be. You picked the wrong johnny law to defend.
Concerned Stover Citizen

Warrenton, MO

#14 Mar 13, 2009
First off, if Carol Sue would do her job as the "dog catcher" for Stover, the cops wouldn't have to do it for her. There have been a few times myself that I have called about a dog running lose in town. If a person really loves their pet they don't let them run loose so they can get hit by a car or even worse, bite someone's innocent child playing outside. Or maybe we can just let them all run around and starve to death.

Now that we only have 2 law officers in town how do you suppose they are going to protect and serve this city on a full time basis???
OH BRUCE

Crocker, MO

#15 Mar 13, 2009
They will hire someone that the big wigs like.
Old Timer

Dixon, MO

#16 Mar 13, 2009
Does any one remember in the day we had only a night watchman and all was quiet .If any thing needed Deputy assisted.Sure save Stover alot of headaches and all went well.I think Stover could sve money if Morgan Co took over .
Concerned Stover Citizen

Warrenton, MO

#17 Mar 14, 2009
Times have changed though "Old Timer". I don't think it would work unless Morgan Co had an officer dedicated to Stover.
Not so bad

Crocker, MO

#18 Mar 15, 2009
I remember when Old timer was talking about. And do you remember there were 3 bars at one time on main street. Why do you think we need so much more protection now. If they are needed call them. They dont need to be driving around wasting tax payers money,just looking for something. We have a chief and a good officer Phillips. Maybe have some partime weekend help if needed. Have the drug task force take care of the meth houses.So yes,times have changed but I dont think Stover is as rough as it use to be. The fire dept.did a great job getting the apartment houses out. Gee,free service,they got out of bed worked for hours. Would the police do that for free? I bet Mr.Bruce was being paid to piss people off.
whats the point

United States

#19 Mar 15, 2009
Back to the original question. What happened to get Officer Bruce fired? How was Rick involved and who does the firing in the Police Dept anyway?
OH BRUCE

Crocker, MO

#20 Mar 15, 2009
I have heard allot of rumors but I think it was over the fire I hear.
Concerned Stover Citizen

Warrenton, MO

#21 Mar 17, 2009
From what I understand, the city council rules the roost. So if they don't like you, you get the boot. As for the fire, there were alot of people watching and from what I saw, officer Cain did a great job keeping people back so that the fire department could do there job and nobocy get hurt. Sparks was running around trying to help the fire department and literally grabbed a ladder away from one of the firemen practically knocking him down. He was right up by the apartment house while it was ablaze and it looked like officer Cain told him to get back. Sparks turned around and SPIT at him and then finally got back. From what I could see, officer Cain was doing his job and YES, one that he got paid for. Keeping the people of Stover safe. And the way I look at it, the people on here that keep posting derrogitory remarks about the police force in Stover have something to hide. Policeman have a thankless job. They spend many many hours away from their own family just to make sure yours is safe. Give them credit where credit is due will you. Or maybe just give it a thought the next time your car breaks down in the middle of the night and you need a ride home. Or some meth head breaks into your house and puts your kids and family in danger. Or maybe you can ask that sexual predator living next door or down the street to do it for you. Don't judge a person unless you've walked a mile in their shoes!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Versailles, MO (Aug '10) Dec 17 smoke 11
Did Brian carroll overdose Dec 17 cold 9
ivy bend (Sep '10) Dec 16 tom carter 31694 n 33
travis smith case to be heard next week???? Dec 6 knowitall 3
Review: Red Baron Sports Bar and Grill (Sep '12) Dec 4 nobodee 25
food pantry in Stover? (Feb '14) Nov 27 star65078 2
Iowa man drowns in Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks (Jun '14) Nov '14 anonymous 8
Stover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web