Morgan County R1 we are broke!

Posted in the Stover Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
common sence

Morehead, KY

#1 Sep 2, 2012
We are broke, yes, we have No money, please vote for more money on the tax bill..... Oh by the way lets spend 14K on the parking lot, good idea,, NOT! well we did anyway, forgot we were broke. I think this is the way the school board thinks,randomly. When we were in school we had gravel didnt bother us. But now with some of the school boards kids driving we wouldnt want to get a rock chip on that blue paint! gee wont vote for it ever again
seagate

Sheridan, AR

#2 Sep 3, 2012
Education Starts at Home. I find it strange that there are no Local PTA chapters in either Stover, or Versailles. I guess the local parents don't care that much about their child's educations...other than the results of the Friday night Football game.

For those who are concerned about the increasingly sorry education that our public schools are giving these kids, and have access to the Internet, there is a solution....and it is Free. Check out this web site.

http://www.khanacademy.org/
Erica

Morehead, KY

#3 Sep 4, 2012
If we had a few less good ole boys at school and a few more people that werent worried about their kids reputation we would all be better off, and for Micheal M.there is no reason for him to be there if he is always going to be afraid of the school board, esp the pres. of the school board.
Watergate

Dixon, MO

#4 Sep 10, 2012
Marriott still lying?
haha

Dixon, MO

#5 Sep 10, 2012
Watergate wrote:
Marriott still lying?
you still do not like him. too darn bad there waterboy.
Mama of four

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Sep 18, 2012
What people don't understand is that regardless of the lvy passing or not they are still going to end up paying a higher tax! Bottom line is that if our shool closes because of lack of funding then they will most likely split the district and the children will be bussed to a neighboring district. What is not clearly stated is that with this split you will now be living in that particular district, therefore inheriting the tax rate of that district We already know that Cole Camp and Versailles have a higher rate than what Stover is asking we raise it to. So voting for the levy would in turn save money at the end of the tax year. Do we really want this to happen? Do we want our school to close? The heart of our town is he school...if it closes it wouldn't be too long before Stover is a ghost town. I find this a hard thought to process. Without those students in the community we have no future as a town. Times have changed...and we need to do more to support the education of our children. It's like having a car and not putting gas in it to go anywhere...what's the point? Vote for the levy to pass, so that our children have opportunities for a better education. With this there may be little change...or it could be the best thing that ever happend in our community!
Thanks for reading!!
Cry me a river

Lexington, KY

#7 Sep 18, 2012
Mama of four, have you been paying attention at all to what is going on? We are facing the biggest tax increases in our history and you want the people to vote in yet another increase. People are going broke and losing everything they own, due in large part to taxes and the associated costs.

If the school can't perform and cuts costs, they should close. Better yet, instead of people like yourself demanding everybody else pay for your kids education, do it yourself. Take some responsibility for your own. I and a great number like myself are getting real sick of taking care of everybody else's self generated problems.

Pay your own way and quit demanding the TAXPAYER pay your way.
Agree to Disagree

Cape Girardeau, MO

#8 Sep 18, 2012
Point made and understood, but the community will end up paying more in taxes like it or not if we don't pass the tax. If the school closes we then end up paying the versailles or cole camp tax which is more now then if our tax if passed. It's just common sense, we pay less than surrounding towns, keep our kids local and keep money flowing back into the community. As a single parent the last thing I want is more taxes I can't afford it but its coming one way or another.
Bull Crap

Dixon, MO

#9 Sep 18, 2012
Quit scaring , threatening that the school will close. There is no proof of that and it would take years to get done. Stick to present day facts. Let them operate on a tighter budget then see how things go.
Miser McSkinflint

United States

#10 Sep 29, 2012
Throwing money at a failed education system is like giving a wino 20 bucks and expecting he will buy groceries with it. Look at the Kansas City Skuul District.
Chester

Iberia, MO

#11 Oct 5, 2012
Send half to Cole Camp, half to Versailles. Maybe a few to Tipton. Cut my taxes, transfer the administration and let's get onwith the inevitable. 50 kids in a class - as in graduating class? Start winding 'er down, say by 2016 after Obama is replaced by Romney or Ryan or Akin.
Glass Cutter

Liberty, MO

#12 Oct 6, 2012
I smile every time i read this topic board,knowing that i was smart enough to move far away from this town.:-)
Not Concerned

Lexington, KY

#13 Oct 10, 2012
Bull Crap wrote:
Quit scaring , threatening that the school will close. There is no proof of that and it would take years to get done. Stick to present day facts. Let them operate on a tighter budget then see how things go.
I can not wait till the school closes down.
Chris Snider

Columbia, MO

#14 Nov 16, 2012
Sad to see a place you have gone to school close down, had many good friends.
Chris

United States

#15 Nov 16, 2012
I'll belive the school is closing when I see it.
Bender

Bronx, NY

#16 Nov 17, 2012
If it closes what are the plans for the lake students.
just saying

Dixon, MO

#17 Nov 17, 2012
Bender wrote:
If it closes what are the plans for the lake students.
Just maybe.. we"ll build a good school there in the bend. that is really needed here. and just maybe..just maybe... people in stover will have to do what the kids in the bend has to do.. RIDE THE BUS TO SCHOOL FOR HRS... Than lets see how that is. stover wouldn"t be putting the kids from the bend down with their nasty remarks.. HA"
Concerned parent

United States

#18 Jan 8, 2013
I hope the school board cuts certain over paid employees before they cut any more teachers off! Just saying is all.
Jack B Quick

United States

#19 Jan 13, 2013
I agree with "just saying." A school is needed more in The Bend than Stover. Look at the growth patterns, either shutter the existing R-1 or build a new one where the majority of the tax revenue comes from.
Dingus

Lockhart, TX

#20 Jan 13, 2013
Concerned parent wrote:
I hope the school board cuts certain over paid employees before they cut any more teachers off! Just saying is all.
your so right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Choices in life (Oct '16) 20 min Again 18
5 & 50 Drive In (Sep '16) Sun Ant 6
Republicans (Jul '16) May 20 Anom 75
Daniel Bebermeyer (Jun '10) Apr 25 CopperCreek 11
Saddle Apr '17 Wondering 1
ivy bend (Sep '10) Apr '17 Anom 52
School Board Apr '17 Anom 1

Stover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance