Dane County District 36 Supervisor Ri...

Dane County District 36 Supervisor Rich Pertzborn

Posted in the Stoughton Forum

Karen Kessenich

Bringhurst, IN

#1 Feb 28, 2008
Dear City of Stoughton and Town of Pleasant Springs Residents:
I would like to ask you to consider the performance of our Current County Board Supervisor, Rich Pertzborn before you vote on April 1st.
As a three- term incumbent he has decided that he does not need to respond to our phone calls, emails or requests to attend our local
government meetings. When an elected official decides that it is no longer neccessary to respond to their constituents we need to reconsider voting for them. So why should we care? Recently there was a proposal before the County Board for a vote. At the local government level our three local governments, the City of Stoughton, the Town of Pleasant Springs,and the Town of Cottage Grove all voted against the proposal.Rich Pertzborn voted in favor of the proposal. There is reason for great
concern when an elected official votes directly opposite the wishes of the local governments in the county district that they have been elected to represent.
There is also great concern that Rich Pertzborn has one of the worst attendance records of all 37 county board representatives. Dane County Board Chairman Scott McDonell pointed out eight incumbents whose meeting attendance he said
was unacceptable during the last two-year term."When you 're missing a fourth
of your meetings, that 's a problem, " McDonell said.
These are just two reasons why an incumbent is challenged, there are many more.
We need to ask ourselves, is Rich Pertzborn the person we want representing us on the County Board? We should all learn about the candidates before we vote on April 1st. Voting for someone because they are the incumbent, happen to be
your neighbor, live in the same town as you do, was your elementary school principal,or is your child (rens) elementary school principal should not be your only reason for voting for them. Who we elect to our local and county governments is just as important as whom we elect for president. For those of you that have had to
appear before your local government board or the county board you know exactly what I am talking about.
All I am asking is that you make an informed decision and vote for the candidate that will truly represent us, the residents of Dane County District 36.
Your District 36 neighbor,
Karen Kessenich, Town of Cottage Grove

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stoughton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evansville Infected (Dec '15) Aug 27 Ooooohhyhea 5
Tracy lynn steele Aug 24 Davidsharp99 1
Jon jay douche Jul '16 Niece 1
Cruz & Kasich Plan Huge Cuts to S.S. & Medicare Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
News Stoughton residents remember August 2005 tornado (May '14) May '14 Rkey2000 1
News Mentally ill ex-inmates lack treatment, meds (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laura 1
News Police Can't Arrest Woman in Parked Car for Dru... (Feb '06) Sep '13 Nana 9

Stoughton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stoughton Mortgages