Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Iowa in 2010?

Posted in the Story City Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 52 of52
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
098ytgrfd4rvote

Rebecca, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

vote
SBD

Hawarden, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

We still talkin 2010 here, it's 2012 already. If you're voting for 2010, you missed the boat. The crap already hit the fan. Update! update!
we are lost

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

The USís bureaucracy is set to grow while the rest of United States will be wracked by austerity measures. US taxpayers will reportedly fork out an extra $2.2 billion annually for the next year to pay for the doubling of pensions for United States officials. Only to go higher an bigger every year.
Old Timer

Hawarden, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

I didn't get what I wanted for Christmas either.
yes sir

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

I have a great wife......
I got what I wanted for christmas.

Plus no dam political ads....switched off the tv and talked.

Since: Nov 12

Iowa City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Were you crazy? Chuck Grassley is the laughingstock of America. He is a senile idiot. He said that Barack Obama would "pull the plug on gramma"... come on.
cba

Maysville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Love this forum...vote, vote, vote
progressive

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

rowdy wrote:
the conservative party has taken over the republican party, the independent party, and 70% of the conservatives polled said they would like their tea party, to be there agenda. they got us in the mess were in and arn't helping get us out, one by telling their followers not to hire people, and that their agenda, if elected, will be the same that screwd up the economy to start with.
I disagree slightly. The group that has taken over could better be called right-wing extremist radicals. Cruz is the leading example. Issa is another evil one, who lies freely and conceals information that contradicts his lies.

Decent moderate, and even non-hateful extremist conservative Republicans have two options. Either get out of their party, or try to recruit enough decent Republicans to take it over. The first thing decent Republicans should do is recruit someone truly conservative in the honorable sense of the word to run against Steve King in a GOP primary. Then they should lean on Grassley to stop veering so far off toward the rightwing extremist faction, and go back to being a more typical old fashioned midwest conservative. It would be too much to hope for a truly fine moderate or slightly conservative Republican like Bob Ray, Jim Leach, or Fred Schwengel, or Art Neu or Mary Louise Smith or the other fine ones from many years ago.

Glad to see your comments.
progressive

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

PerlCharmer wrote:
Were you crazy? Chuck Grassley is the laughingstock of America. He is a senile idiot. He said that Barack Obama would "pull the plug on gramma"... come on.
Grassley was under the pressure of the rightwing teaparty extremists at town hall meetings in August (almost any August!), and caved in and went far right to please them. I am not sure exactly what his views are now. He may have truly gone rightwing nut on sometimes, or he may be just cowardly. His demeander is the kind that seems grumpy at times and mindlessly cheery at others, so even that does not help us to figure out what he really thinks. One must simply go by how he votes, which is increasingly far rightwing.
progressive

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

SBD wrote:
We still talkin 2010 here, it's 2012 already. If you're voting for 2010, you missed the boat. The crap already hit the fan. Update! update!
It is now 2013 and the Senate election of 2014 will be interesting - especially the GOP primary.
One can learn over time what the views, attitudes, and approaches of the various candidates are, and how they do in the primary. The woman from sw Iowa is slightly pretty, which may be the only good thing about any of them, but I haven't studied their records yet or seen enough about their campaigns. I assume they will play to a very rightwing base for a low turnout primary.
progressive

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Julie wrote:
Grassley does not care for the lower class people, I've written several letters. No help or advise. I will vote for Conlin in hopes she change lives in a more positive way.
Hi Julie. I think you will like Bruce Braley. He is very intelligent, and an especially mr. nice guy type. genuinely so.
So true

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

progressive wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Julie. I think you will like Bruce Braley. He is very intelligent, and an especially mr. nice guy type. genuinely so.
Like all so called progressives, you're actually a regressive control freak.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 52 of52
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Story City Discussions

Search the Story City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) Jul 5 Go Blue Forever 139
Sexual Assault Jul 1 concerned citizen 1
IA Iowa House primary ground zero for gay marriage... (Jun '10) Jun '14 slayer rules 411
Can you go home again? Apr '14 ron nelson 1
IA Who do you support for Treasurer in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Mar '14 daxton 9
IA IA Natural Resources and Outdoor Recreation Tru... (Oct '10) Mar '14 aez 17
IA Who do you support for Governor in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Dec '13 fitness-guru 62
•••
•••
•••
•••

Story City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Story City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••