Dinwiddie County Sheriff's race
Concerned taxpayer

Petersburg, VA

#95 Aug 20, 2012
Mr. Hewitt people speak very highly of you
On this thread, I am sorry that you lost your position with the SO. That was very unfortunate, it is good that you are now making better
Money and Probaly have less stress. Maybe the current Sheriff will someday know how that feels.
Concerned taxpayer

Petersburg, VA

#99 Aug 21, 2012
American justice I do not agree with you that mr porter would have been the best candadiate for that office. Nor is he a junior Dusty Rhodes, he has not really proven any thing other than he can pay for billboards. Hopefully the next race will have better candidates.....
In the know

Hollywood, MD

#101 Aug 22, 2012
I was there when Darryl Hayes bragged about an agreement to drop out of the race and not take any votes away from Adams in exchange for a spot on the command staff. That's why Adams cannot fire Hayes when he messes up - he OWES the democrats! That agreement was made at a meeting with a delegate, a former sheriff, Adams and Hayes. They wanted the good old boy system back where certain people could get away with crimes and favors given.
Concerned taxpayer

Petersburg, VA

#102 Aug 22, 2012
Typical back room deals for this county. We need a republican candadiate..... This race should be bipartisan, too many people either run independent or democrap. It's time to get real and WAKE UP DINWIDDIE!!!! No more clowns in office.
Michael Perkins

United States

#103 Aug 22, 2012
I commend anyone who wants to use a forum to share their opinion about subjects in our great county, but to hide behind a pathetic handle, thats absolutely adolescent, its rediculous! If you have something to say as well as throw stones, or attack someones past, be a damn man and sign your freaking name! I will gladly sign mine! Grow up or step up! signed Michael Dam Perkins
Concerned taxpayer

Petersburg, VA

#104 Aug 23, 2012
Mr Perkins you are to be commended for coming out and signing your named however, some people remain to be anonymous because in Virginia you work at the pleasure of the Sheriff or the elected official. If the people were to use their real names they would not be commended but condemned in this county with this good ole boy system. Freedom if speech without threat of retaliation is a beautiful thing.......
Michael Perkins

Derwood, MD

#108 Aug 23, 2012
I dont wish to be commended, my wish is for people that use this form to sign their real names, if you truly have a problem with Sheriff Adams, he is one of the easiest county employees to locate. If you have a problem you can always come and talk to him, and I guarantee no matter what the subject, he will smile and shake your hand! Then again, Spoony raised me to be open!
In the know

Warsaw, VA

#109 Aug 23, 2012
Michael, you don't know Adams very well. He has, on NUMEROUS occasions reminded us all that we work at the pleasure of the sheriff and he can & will fire anyone if he doesn't like them. We all have families to support and the morale is the lowest it has ever been in over 18 years. He is NOT a leader! He just kisses the backsides of the people he has made deals with. Yes, he will smile and shake your hand, then stab you in the back when you turn around. Kennedy is the same way - he told Hewett eveything he needed to know when Chris blasted Adams. Myself and others all heard the info being passed to Chris for his letter to the editor. THEN Kennedy tried to play both ends against the middle to try to look good to everyone. Bunch was the same way. Another thing - Hayes told his shift he was going to run and win, then after the meeting he bragged about he said he would not run and Adams agreed to put him on the command staff and that he would back Hayes in the next race for sheriff. Talk about going from bad to worse!!!
American Vigilante

Richmond, VA

#111 Aug 23, 2012
It's funny how those who defend Adams were the same ones on his side in the election. That is not convincing enough to justify believing he is a good man or the right choice for Dinwiddie county. I would be more enthused if someone who had nothing to do with supporting him defended him. The fact that he lets a convicted felon use his firearms to hunt is damning enough for impeachment. The fact the Carol Updike has a picture of two dressed turkeys on her Facebook is enough evidence to suggest that she is using someone's firearms to hunt. Who else's would they be since she lives with him and cannot legally buy them? It's not like she's killing turkeys by hand! How can we trust someone who breaks the law?
American Justice

Richmond, VA

#112 Aug 23, 2012
Concerned taxpayer wrote:
Typical back room deals for this county. We need a republican candadiate..... This race should be bipartisan, too many people either run independent or democrap. It's time to get real and WAKE UP DINWIDDIE!!!! No more clowns in office.
You're right. Conservative republicanism is the right choice for all localities nationwide.
American Justice

Richmond, VA

#113 Aug 23, 2012
Michael Perkins wrote:
I dont wish to be commended, my wish is for people that use this form to sign their real names, if you truly have a problem with Sheriff Adams, he is one of the easiest county employees to locate. If you have a problem you can always come and talk to him, and I guarantee no matter what the subject, he will smile and shake your hand! Then again, Spoony raised me to be open!
You cannot trust someone in which breaks the law by letting a convicted felon use his firearms to hunt. Sure, he is a nice guy, but he is as crooked as they come. Would a elected official with integrity and trustworthiness allow a convicted felon to illegally use firearms in his name? No!
American Dignity

Richmond, VA

#114 Aug 23, 2012
Carol Updike wrote:
If u knew the law, u would know that the commonwealth's attorney decides whether a case will be prosecuted. It was her decision not to carry the case forward.
Miss Updike, if you knew the law, you would not be a convicted felon in possession of a firearm. That is against the law and anyone who knowingly lets you posses a firearm in their name is subject to ten years of incarceration in a state prison. You cannot legally buy a firearm and the picture of two turkeys on your Facebook profile is very incriminating.
American Dignity

Richmond, VA

#115 Aug 23, 2012
Chris Hewett wrote:
Ms Updike I would just like to address your comment in which you used my name. First of all I manned up and settled my differences with Mr Adams weeks ago. Second of all I left the politics and bitterness of Dinwiddie county behind in January. Since the election I have said nothing involving you or Mr Adams nor do I care to. I have moved on and almost have to thank Mr Adams for letting me go due to the fact that I have gained a triple figure job overseas. I say all that to say this I have no interest in degrading you or Mr Adams. I would appreciate it if you would leave my name out of your conversation. I wish all my deputy friends and fellow law enforcement friends and family the best of luck and I pray for your safety every night before I go to
I highly respect you and wish you would come back to Dinwiddie!
Carol Updike

Greenbackville, VA

#116 Aug 23, 2012
American Dignity wrote:
<quoted text>
Miss Updike, if you knew the law, you would not be a convicted felon in possession of a firearm. That is against the law and anyone who knowingly lets you posses a firearm in their name is subject to ten years of incarceration in a state prison. You cannot legally buy a firearm and the picture of two turkeys on your Facebook profile is very incriminating.
for your information I do all of my hunting with a bow.
Concerned taxpayer

Petersburg, VA

#117 Aug 23, 2012
In the know wrote:
I was there when Darryl Hayes bragged about an agreement to drop out of the race and not take any votes away from Adams in exchange for a spot on the command staff. That's why Adams cannot fire Hayes when he messes up - he OWES the democrats! That agreement was made at a meeting with a delegate, a former sheriff, Adams and Hayes. They wanted the good old boy system back where certain people could get away with crimes and favors given.
. Well mr Hayes is on the list as well. It has become clearly apparent that this county has slipped backwards at least 20 years with this recent democratic occupation of Dinwiddie County.
Concerned taxpayer

Petersburg, VA

#118 Aug 23, 2012
Carol Updike wrote:
<quoted text>for your information I do all of my hunting with a bow.
well Carol the picture does not show a bow, a quiver, a wrist protector, or even a gun. There is something that has weight in your right cargo pocket since it is drooping down like it has shells in it. I am sure that those are the stones that you used in your slingshot to kill those two turkeys, or maybe it was a harmonica who knows........ Give me a break I am sure that the gun dog in your picture fetches fowl that you kill with your boomerang. Stay sharp dove season starts in a couple of weeks.
Glorious Justification

Richmond, VA

#120 Aug 24, 2012
I heard two or three deputies got demoted for having sex with Carol Updike and giving her alcohol while she was underage How can we trust those to protect us..when they harm the "innocent"?
Glorious Justification

Richmond, VA

#121 Aug 24, 2012
My sources also tell me that Carol Updike did community service as a juvenile for felony destruction of property. How can we trust someone's word on a forum with a past like that? She has never once denied that she is a convicted felon.
DC boy

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#125 Aug 26, 2012
Guys, leave it alone. Its in the past. You can only move forward and affect the future. Nobody knows everything about everything or has all the details about the various things that are being discussed. Dont let past differences or disgruntled situations affect your judgement and decision making skills. Dont let an internet forum that is supposedly anonymous portray you in a negative light. Move on.
Concerned taxpayer

Petersburg, VA

#129 Aug 28, 2012
DC boy I agree with you however this forum is anyonymous. There are issues that truly need to be brought to light. The current sheriff makes in excess of 80k, that is 100percent funded by taxpayers. I understand that we all have the comfort of privacy and if he would like for his private life to be private then he should step down. If these posts are starting a taxpayer sponsored witch hunt then that would just be another nail in the coffin for his adminadstration. The days of back room and closed door deals in this county
Will be over soon enough if I have any thing to do with it. So do not be afraid to comment on this post or any other post, this is the era of accountability..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stony Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Video Shows Sheriff Using Racial Slur During In... (Oct '15) Apr 11 Honest Lawenforce... 6
News School Bus Accident in Dinwiddie County - Injur... (Dec '09) Feb '16 Told You So 32
Medicaid expansion in Virginia Feb '16 Patient X 1
Looking for other Bernie supporters in Dinwiddie! Feb '16 mariharam 1
Southside Regional Jail (Feb '08) Jan '16 Charm 11
News Former Dinwiddie deputy indicted for accused ab... (Jul '15) Dec '15 Immature 8
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Virginia (... (Oct '10) Nov '10 steve 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stony Creek Mortgages