speeding ticket in Emporia
mosyre

United States

#21 Sep 3, 2009
I drive through Emporia twice a day on weekdays & yes, I see a very large amount of people pulled over for speeding. I have been coming through town on 95 since Aug 1 2003.
When I'm in a hurry - late for work - I still never set my speed above 72MPH.
I've never had a ticket.
Slow down, you will save gas.
feed up with emporia

Valentines, VA

#22 Sep 6, 2009
emporia has been doing this for years. the city police are the worst. they give us tickets but t he county will give u a warning if u live here. i dont know whats up with the city police but half of them have been transfered to the county cause they didnt agree with the other officers. so if u are getting tickets in emporia its on 58 and 95 its mainly the city stopping u. city drives white cars and county drives brown cars. oh yeah they love out of towners. their gold is to write 5 tickets in one hour. so if i was u i would not speed in emporia.
Emporia

Pink Hill, NC

#23 Sep 26, 2009
Just North of San Antonio TX there was a town that conducted similar speed traps on the highway for revenue generation. The class action resulted in them being prevented from patrolling the highway there. Not sure if the cops are Crooks but the policy's in place are. Most likely their police force is larger than it should be, and with the economy they need the income to ensure they all stay employed. Gotta feed the family.
Wanda

United States

#24 Nov 10, 2009
If you drink or speed you deserve lethal injection!!!
WandaIsNotSmart

Gaithersburg, MD

#25 Jan 4, 2010
Wanda wrote:
If you drink or speed you deserve lethal injection!!!
If you leave dumb comments, you deserve lethal injection
Mark_in_PA

Lansdale, PA

#26 Feb 22, 2010
dude9969 wrote:
It seems there are only a few ways to fight unjust actions by officers in this area... stop spending any money in Emporia, Virginia...
Feb. 11, 2010 -- I got ticketed for 77 in a 65 on I-95. Local cop was parked on the right shoulder just over the crest of the hill south of the Emporia exit. I doubt 77, maybe 74, the hill is tricky, anyway I hit the brakes as soon as I saw him and was down to low 60's before I passed him. So it was obviously a pure speed trap, not about public safety. And there's no fine on the ticket, just a number to call to -- what? negotiate? What a scam! I agree with dude9969. This crappy little town is like a leech on the highway. Boycott it, maybe it will shrivel up and die. I'm looking at lawyers, gonna fight it if practical. Hard to believe this kind of highway robbery is allowed to continue.
joel

Emporia, VA

#27 Mar 18, 2010
if you were speeding then you were speeding you idiot. There's something called a speed limit and that and the police are there for a reason, to catch people like you! If you were speeding, admit to it, and got a ticket then why are you complaining? No ones fault except yours my friend. What happened to common sense?
Mark_in_PA wrote:
<quoted text>
Feb. 11, 2010 -- I got ticketed for 77 in a 65 on I-95. Local cop was parked on the right shoulder just over the crest of the hill south of the Emporia exit. I doubt 77, maybe 74, the hill is tricky, anyway I hit the brakes as soon as I saw him and was down to low 60's before I passed him. So it was obviously a pure speed trap, not about public safety. And there's no fine on the ticket, just a number to call to -- what? negotiate? What a scam! I agree with dude9969. This crappy little town is like a leech on the highway. Boycott it, maybe it will shrivel up and die. I'm looking at lawyers, gonna fight it if practical. Hard to believe this kind of highway robbery is allowed to continue.
DIANE JOHN

Hampstead, NC

#28 Apr 9, 2010
I ALSO, WAS TRAVELING I95 @ THE 15 MM,CAR WAS PASSING ME ,SAW SHERIFFS LIGHTS AND PULLED OVER.(@16MM)FIRST CAR HAD ALREADY PULLED OVER SHERIFF WAS BEHIND ME,I HAD CAME TO A FULL STOP,HE THEN PRCEEDED TO WAVE OUT HIS WINDOW,AND I THOUGHT HE WAS TELLING ME TO LEAVE,I STARTED TO PULL OUT,I LOOKED BACK,HE HAD HIS LIGHTS ON,BRAKED AND STAYED PUT.I AM SURE I WAS NOT GOING 77MPH IN 65MPH. THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS PRACTICE,FOR SPEEDING TICKETS.THIS HAPPENED ON 4/5/10.IS NT ONE SPEEDING TICKET @ A TIME ENOUGH?
Emporia VA

South Bound Brook, NJ

#29 Apr 16, 2010
I was pulled over on I-95 for supposedly speeding by Emporia's finest. They can lie there poor asses off. And did you know you only need a GED to become a police officer in this one horse town. It also helps if your inbred, have 1 tooth, or are of a darker complexion.
Todd Daniels

United States

#30 Apr 21, 2010
I'm always speeding everywhere. My truck, Harley, boat. No one can catch me, ha !
tommy boy

Emporia, VA

#31 May 3, 2010
Im a resident of Emporia, and yea the police in the area are crazy, alot of corruption sheriff and city. not even dealing with speeding, I was locked up 2 times for failure to appear to court when they neva sent me any subpoenas to come to court,and i was the victim in one of the cases, WTF right. If you can stay far away from emporia as you can
Eugene Carter

United States

#32 Jun 10, 2010
I just got a speeding ticket tuesday evening. I got pulled for 76 in a 65 while my speedometer said 68. There were about 9 cop cars sitting in a cut thru in the median. There were also 6 to 8 cars behind me. They were pulling people over left and right. This place is unreal!!!!
mizaries73

United States

#33 Jun 17, 2010
i've lived in the emporia area for 4 years and i must admitt i d have a lead foot. i have never had any problem with the police here. U JUST KNOW WHEN U HIT THAT STRETCH OF 301 WHERE THE SPEED LIMIT DROPS TO 35 U BETTER BE GOING 35. I THINK PEOPLE JUST GET SO ACCUSTOMED TO BREAKING THE LAW ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO SPEEDING WHETHER IT'S 1 MILE OR 10 MILES OVER THE SPEED LIMIT IT IS STILL SPEEDING. THERE IS NO LAW ANYWHERE THAT SAYS THAT THEY HAVE TO ALLOW U 5 MILES OVER THE LIMIT BUT WE DO IT AND MOST OF THE TIME THEY DONT PULL US OVER. I TRAVEL 95N EVERY DAY DOING 70 AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WHEN U HIT 85 THAT A DIFFERENT STORY. I SEE PLENTY OUT OF STATE PLATES DOING WELL OVER 65 IN A 55 IN PETERSBURG DONT BE SURPRISED. JUST PAY THE FINE
Big Brown

Clarkston, MI

#34 Jul 1, 2010
Emporia is a shithole. Got caught going 74 in a 65, and im quite sure it was because of my NY Plates. I used to look forward to my drives through VA, not anymore. Southern VA is trash and I feel bad for anyone that lives there, works there, or has had to spend time there. The accents in that place are disgusting. i hate you emporia, and all the people that live there.
mizaries73

Columbia, SC

#35 Jul 11, 2010
Well Dumbass If a punk ass BITCH such s yourself comes through speeding like that you deserved the ticket and they should taken your dumbass straight to JAIL. F*** you and anyone like you. we get all the trash from up North who think they are above ANYTHING OE ANYONE because the police are corrupt up there. KEEP YOUR DUMBASS BACKWARDS BITCHASS THERE!!!!!!! One last punkass to worry about..

Big Brown wrote:
Emporia is a shithole. Got caught going 74 in a 65, and im quite sure it was because of my NY Plates. I used to look forward to my drives through VA, not anymore. Southern VA is trash and I feel bad for anyone that lives there, works there, or has had to spend time there. The accents in that place are disgusting. i hate you emporia, and all the people that live there.
Paul

Midlothian, VA

#36 Jul 13, 2010
Can anyone give me the name of a good traffic lawyer in Emporia I would like to fight the chages and get my ticket reduced, Thanks

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#37 Jul 13, 2010
Im sorry to say, but if people would just obey the LAW they would not get the speeding tickets. Its common sense people.
mizaries73

United States

#39 Jul 13, 2010
Thank you!!!!!
People think they souldn't get tickets for SPEEDING. Who cares if they're from OUT OF STATE. If the speed limit is 65 then you shouldn't be going 75. And if they can't read the speed limit signs then maybe they shouldn't be DRIVING!!!!!!
SERIOUSLY65 wrote:
Im sorry to say, but if people would just obey the LAW they would not get the speeding tickets. Its common sense people.
Paul

Miami, FL

#40 Aug 3, 2010
BS, this is not cops doing their job, is just act of precsence to justify their overpaid salaries, when some really needs help (car trouble for example) they don't stop, there is better ways to help their locals, I'm pretty sure ther is plenty of drunk rednecks driving around town.
Paul

Miami, FL

#41 Aug 3, 2010
And who makes the rules of set the speed limits? Why is most of I-95 75mph and DIAORIA is 65mph? is just business as usual, incomme source because most rednecks don't pay taxes, and it is corruption indeed, I was on cruise control at 78mph because I read about speed traps before I travel, yet he claimed I was doing 82 just to make it a reckless driving offense, shove it DIAORIA, next time I drive by there I'm going to take a big dump on a city side walk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stony Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Virginia (... (Oct '10) Nov '10 steve 24
Election Who do you support for Member House of Represen... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ron Ferguson 1
On The Banks Of Stony Creek **blog** (Mar '09) Mar '09 Debbie 1

Stony Creek Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stony Creek Mortgages