Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2010

Judged:

Find another plumber. This man is NOT honest, will lie about what repairs need to be done to
make money off of you. I'm sure there are reputable plumbers you can find. This one isn't it.
My eperience: Two years ago in the spring I noticed the spigot was leaking in front of my house when I turned on the hose. I called a plumber to get an assessment of the proble- Joey B. He immediately grabbed at the spigot as if he were trying to rip it off the house. I asked him to stop (of course). He said the pipes behind were no good, and then said he should check the others. The work he said needed to be done ASAP involved cutting all the pipes (near ALL spigots outside my home) ripping up the ceilings inside to get to them. The cost was outrageous, but he knew I was a single woman homeowner - what did I know?
I arranged for him to start work in the morning.
After he left, my neighbor came by, I told him what was going on. WITH HIS HAND, he tighted up the loose hose fitting on the spigot and the leak was gone (forever). I had the pipes checked and they were all perfectly fine. I called Joey B that evening to cancel, and said I didn't appreciate him lying about the problem at the house. I basically got a 'whatever' and he hung up on me.
nicole

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

I completly disagree with this lady kathy; joey b was a very honest man who did what he had to do! He was very reasonable and worked out the prices!
nancy

Holbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Nicole are you realated to Joey B? He is a aweful and rude plumber, which charges a way too much. Not to mention 2 years ago he fixed a leak in my bathroom and now it is leaking again hence I am looking for a new plumber.
Jim Y

Centereach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Unequivocally the worst plumber when it comes to appointments. Twice he did not arrive at the scheduled time and I had to call him to try and find out the status of his arrival. His explanation, I had emergencies. The third time, I had an emergency and told him I needed a definite time and reminded him of the two previous times. Again, called me an hour after he was supposed to show up and said sorry and offered 10% off, which we all know if a fabrication. His voice mail message contains a god bless when you try to call him. What a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Stony Brook News Video

•••
•••

Stony Brook Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Stony Brook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••