Port Jefferson Station crash kills 1,...

Port Jefferson Station crash kills 1, injures 2

There are 204 comments on the Newsday story from May 17, 2008, titled Port Jefferson Station crash kills 1, injures 2. In it, Newsday reports that:

"No! Dennis is dead!" she wailed into a mobile phone, gasping for air, falling onto a Suffolk police cruiser.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Independent

Highland, NY

#1 May 17, 2008
"Dennis McGuire, 30, of Mount Sinai, whose license had been revoked, apparently crossed into oncoming traffic in Port Jefferson Station shortly after noon Saturday, hitting a van used to transport the disabled, police said."

Sorry to his mom, but this will be the last time disabled people and everyone else will be threatened by this individual.

“NO AMNESTY!!!!”

Since: Jan 07

Elizabeth, NJ

#2 May 17, 2008
McGuire was driving with a revoked licence. He also had previously pleaded guilty to charges including reckless driving, drunken driving and driving without a license, according to court records.

He had no business operating any motor vehicle. He's gone now, brought on his own grief to himself and his Family. Hope the folks in the van will be okay. Amen!
darker

Bronx, NY

#3 May 17, 2008
Chronic lack of Suffolk police presence on our roads encourages
road rage, alcoholic drivers, dangerous driving, and lawlessness.

Suffolk COPS MUST BE VISIBLE to make our roads safer. Otherwise they waste our tax money and endanger our lives.
and

Baldwin, NY

#5 May 18, 2008
darker wrote:
Suffolk COPS MUST BE VISIBLE to make our roads safer. Otherwise they waste our tax money and endanger our lives.
any police are simply a tool of the law of the people,the same people who ask for law and then make it difficult for those charged with enforcing it to do so by not assisting when they can and constantly pushing the limits of the law themselves.At a minimum there should be some charge against those that facilitated the actions of this individual.(ie:allowing an unlicensed person to use vehicle)
when people start supporting the police then they can complain about any lack of enforcement
wordygurdy

Brooklyn, NY

#6 May 18, 2008
darker wrote:
Looks more like this guy was enabled straight to his grave. "Sure, you can use my car, darling."
Good riddance.

Since: Jan 07

Hagerstown, MD

#7 May 18, 2008
Another shmiuck off the road for good.
Jenny

Scarsdale, NY

#8 May 18, 2008
License was revoked for a reason. Bow he is dead. Prayers for him and the injured.
Joanna

Yonkers, NY

#9 May 18, 2008
wordygurdy wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks more like this guy was enabled straight to his grave. "Sure, you can use my car, darling."
Good riddance.
Great point - I was thinking the same thing. I bet his girlfriend is feeling a lot more guilty this morning than are the Suffolk County police force.
Josephine

Yonkers, NY

#10 May 18, 2008
What we need is public transportation like they have in NYC then we will solve this problem.
oiram ifnab

Englewood, CO

#11 May 18, 2008
Joanna wrote:
<quoted text>
Great point - I was thinking the same thing. I bet his girlfriend is feeling a lot more guilty this morning than are the Suffolk County police force.
Can the other (the real victims) victims sue the genius that gave speed racer the car?
oiram ifnab

Englewood, CO

#12 May 18, 2008
" No! No!" shouted a woman running barefoot in the middle of Canal Road toward the wrecked car. "Please let me see." "
This certainly reinforces the trash aspect of this story.
Tobacco road, LI, NY
Good

Farmingdale, NY

#13 May 18, 2008
Glad the A-hole who wasn't supposed to be driving didn't kill anyone other than himself. I hope the people in his life who facilitated this moron in driving after his license was revoked feel like crap for helping him do something he wasn't supposed to do. One less drinking/driving and reckless driver on Long Island to endander the rest of us. I hope the van passengers sue the crap out of the dumb a-s$ girlfriend for allowing this dirt bag to drive her car.
BUSTER

AOL

#15 May 18, 2008
Josephine wrote:
What we need is public transportation like they have in NYC then we will solve this problem.
What we need is for people to obey the laws...stop blaming the cops and transportation and put the blame right where it belongs, squarely on the shoulders of this young man...there is no one to blame for his death but himself. Why is it one someone dies from doing something stupid, that the cops are the first to be blamed? IF a cop was there,this would have probably happened anyway, and he fled from the cops before. As far as transportaion, can you see this kid taking a bus anywhere...
He broke the law plain and simple and paid the ultimate price. Thankfully the people he hit will be ok...my prayers are with them.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#17 May 18, 2008
SOME PEOPLE CAN'T DRIVE SOBER, OR DRUNK....THEY ARE JUST A NIGHTMARE....AN AUTOPSY / BLOOD TEST WILL SHOW THIS GUY'S SCORE FOR HIS B.A.C. .....EITHER WAY...HE WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DRIVING WITH A REVOKED LICENSE.....I WONDER IF HIS GIRLFRIEND WHO LOANED HIM THE CAR, MIGHT BE CHARGED WITH A CRIME IF SHE KNEW HE HAD A REVOKED LICENSE....AS FOR HIS FATE WE COULD SAY....LIVE BY THE SWORD....DIE BY THE SWORD.
mighty carson players

Waxhaw, NC

#18 May 18, 2008
not a very mature 30 year old, hope all the victims recover quickly.
Aodh

Brooklyn, NY

#19 May 18, 2008
Josephine wrote:
WOW! What a great idea. Wonder why no one has thought of that? Provide public transportation and those with revoked licenses and drunks won't drive on our roads.

Blame public officials and the police for this death but don't blame McGuire. Give me a break!
Dave

San Antonio, TX

#20 May 18, 2008
The girlfriend will probaly charged with a misdemenor for allowing him to drive the car.That is a NYS law.
My thoughts are with the families.

Since: Jul 07

Orlando, FL

#21 May 18, 2008
"No! Dennis is dead!" she wailed into a mobile phone, gasping for air, falling onto a Suffolk police cruiser. "He's dead! He's dead!"

Dennis McGuire, 30, of Mount Sinai, whose license had been revoked, apparently crossed into oncoming traffic in Port Jefferson Station shortly after noon Saturday, hitting a van used to transport the disabled, police said.

When I first started reading this story I felt so sad for the mother.
Then as I read further I turned from sadness to joy!
Yes I'm glad Dennis is dead.
One less dangerous driver off the road.
Thousands more to go.
Ricky D

Bronx, NY

#22 May 18, 2008
oiram ifnab wrote:
" No! No!" shouted a woman running barefoot in the middle of Canal Road toward the wrecked car. "Please let me see." "
This certainly reinforces the trash aspect of this story.
Tobacco road, LI, NY
Hey Mario, go eff yourself.
Ricky D

Bronx, NY

#23 May 18, 2008
Anti criminal wrote:
"No! Dennis is dead!" she wailed into a mobile phone, gasping for air, falling onto a Suffolk police cruiser. "He's dead! He's dead!"
Dennis McGuire, 30, of Mount Sinai, whose license had been revoked, apparently crossed into oncoming traffic in Port Jefferson Station shortly after noon Saturday, hitting a van used to transport the disabled, police said.
When I first started reading this story I felt so sad for the mother.
Then as I read further I turned from sadness to joy!
Yes I'm glad Dennis is dead.
One less dangerous driver off the road.
Thousands more to go.
I hope instant karma will get you SB.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stony Brook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tankleff half sister rips DA, says Marty's guilty (Jan '08) 19 hr Kennymac 105
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) 23 hr Van Buren St Guy 1,452
News Weird 3 mins ago 10:15 p.m.What would happen if... 23 hr Mitt s Santorum S... 4
News Use millions to transform Long Island MacArthur... Mon willy Dewitt 1
News Northport teacher arrested for "inappropriate r... (Mar '07) Apr 20 Bumpkinsville Bubba 247
News Trump, top officials take aim at brutal MS-13 s... Apr 20 spud 9
News Plastic bags put over red-light cameras (Apr '16) Apr 19 ICE MAN 8

Stony Brook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stony Brook Mortgages