Elderly Man Charged With Hate Crime Against Jehovah's Witnesses

Apr 3, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Long Island Press

A 73-year-old Port Jefferson man was arrested Thursday after he poured motor oil onto the rear entrance of the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Mount Sinai, Suffolk County police said.

Comments
1 - 20 of 128 Comments Last updated Dec 22, 2013
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Judged:

I don't agree with what this guy did, but this is really sad too:

"At the function, Kelly questioned the Jehovah’s Witnesses belief and was asked to leave the celebration, police said."

Why was he asked to leave for questioning?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Any JW care to respond?
SOSSOS

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Hate crime?

BWHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHHA!!!!!!!!! !1

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

It certainly is a "hate" crime. He certainly didn't do it as an act of love. AND if he didn't believe as we do...he could have not went to the Memorial. Noone is forced to go.
SOSSOS

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Judged:

Nomi wrote:
It certainly is a "hate" crime. He certainly didn't do it as an act of love. AND if he didn't believe as we do...he could have not went to the Memorial. Noone is forced to go.
You cannot comprehend the POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE,

THE POINT IS

EVERY SINGLE VANDALISM THAT HAS BEEN ACTED OUT TOWARDS A CHURCH OR PLACE OF WORSHIP REGARDLESS OF DENOMINATION OR WHETHER OR NOT THAT PERPETRATOR HAS ATTENDED IN THE PAST OR NOT,

CAN NOT BE LABLED AS A HATE CRIME UNLESS YOU HAVE A PREVIOUS BACKROUND OF THE PERPETRATOR AND MORE PERSONAL INFO ABOUT HIM OR HER.

ANY TEENAGE CREW CAN POUR GASOLINE OR OIL ON TO A PLACE OF WORSHIP AND IT WOULD HAVE ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR RELIGIOUS BACKROUND.

NO NOMI IT IS NOT A "HATE CRIME".

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE FEELING OF BEING PERSECUTED[NOTICE I SAID "THE FELING"]

THAN STOP PERSECUTING OTHERS IN YOUR PERSECUTION DOOR TO DOOR.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

I see it differently.
SOSSOS wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot comprehend the POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE,
THE POINT IS
EVERY SINGLE VANDALISM THAT HAS BEEN ACTED OUT TOWARDS A CHURCH OR PLACE OF WORSHIP REGARDLESS OF DENOMINATION OR WHETHER OR NOT THAT PERPETRATOR HAS ATTENDED IN THE PAST OR NOT,
CAN NOT BE LABLED AS A HATE CRIME UNLESS YOU HAVE A PREVIOUS BACKROUND OF THE PERPETRATOR AND MORE PERSONAL INFO ABOUT HIM OR HER.
ANY TEENAGE CREW CAN POUR GASOLINE OR OIL ON TO A PLACE OF WORSHIP AND IT WOULD HAVE ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR RELIGIOUS BACKROUND.
NO NOMI IT IS NOT A "HATE CRIME".
IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE FEELING OF BEING PERSECUTED[NOTICE I SAID "THE FELING"]
THAN STOP PERSECUTING OTHERS IN YOUR PERSECUTION DOOR TO DOOR.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

Judged:

This was a hate crime because he went BACK at a time when he knew no one would be around to cause damage. He caused the damage simply because they are Witnesses and he disagrees with them. He had already been there the night before and was asked to leave. I'm sure they would be more than happy to answer any questions he may have but the memorial is not the time or the place, that is why they cancel any other meetings that might have gone on that night. Doesn't sound as if he really wanted any answers but rather only wanted to disrupt.
wise guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

How I See It wrote:
This was a hate crime because he went BACK at a time when he knew no one would be around to cause damage. He caused the damage simply because they are Witnesses and he disagrees with them. He had already been there the night before and was asked to leave. I'm sure they would be more than happy to answer any questions he may have but the memorial is not the time or the place, that is why they cancel any other meetings that might have gone on that night. Doesn't sound as if he really wanted any answers but rather only wanted to disrupt.
are you sure that that guy didnt catch the jw's molesting a poor innocent child and was defending the kids. Check your facts first you whiney little girlyman!!!
SOSSOS

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

How I See It wrote:
Who cares if he went BACK after attending the memorial.

DID HE VANDALIZE BECAUSE HE HATES THE JWs BELIEFS?
OR
DID HE VANDALIZE BECAUSE THEY KICKED HIM OUT OVER A DISAGREEMENT?

IF THATS A "HATE CRIME" THAN ANY SIMILIAR SITUATION CAN BE CONSIDERED TO BE A HATE CRIME.

EXAMPLE:

I GO TO A PARTY FULL OF BLACK PEOPLE,
WE GET INTO A DISAGREEMENT AND THEY KICK ME OUT
I THEN GO BACK AND VANDALIZE THEIR PROPERTY.

I WENT BACK A VANDALIZED BECAUSE THEY KICKED ME OUT
NOT
BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK.

YOU JUST DONT HAVE ENOUGH INFORMATION TO CLAIM IT TO BE A HATE CRIME.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

Nomi wrote:
Nomi,
I agree with you on THAT, BUT, why was he asked to leave for questioning?
defender

Homer, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

hollieberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Nomi,
Hi hollieberry,

The night of the memorial is a very sacred and solemn occasion. It is not a time for others, that may have opposing views, to cause a disruption and try to upset others that are there in their worship and love for God's provisions of His son as a ramsom sacrifice.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

hollieberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Nomi,
Because he was disrupting the Memorial. It is a very solumn event to us. It wasn't a "question and answer" session. I'm sure he was asked to wait until it was over and ask his questions but it doesn't look like he did and was asked to leave.

“be original :)”

Since: Jan 09

somewhere in england hehe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

if this guy was interupting a holy communion or christmas mass they would be "yeah get rid of him". but its okay to boycott our remembrance ocoasion etc

he did a criminal act and rightlt got sent to law courts.
SOSSOS

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

JWForever wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he was disrupting the Memorial. It is a very solumn event to us. It wasn't a "question and answer" session. I'm sure he was asked to wait until it was over and ask his questions but it doesn't look like he did and was asked to leave.
So if i attended then disrupted a party full of mexicans,

AND I WAS KICKED OUT AFTER GETTING TO ROWDY,

THEN I DECIDED TO VANDALIZE THEIR HOUSE BECAUSE OF THE SOLE FACT THAT I WAS KICKED OUT.

IS THAT A HATE CRIME TOWARDS MEXICANS?
kjw47

Amsterdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

Nomi wrote:
I see it differently.
<quoted text>
If Jesus told these people the truth, they would say the opposite.
kjw47

Amsterdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

wise guy wrote:
<quoted text> are you sure that that guy didnt catch the jw's molesting a poor innocent child and was defending the kids. Check your facts first you whiney little girlyman!!!
must be what happened to you
defender

Homer, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

That would be for the courts to decide.

Maybe you should try it out and find out.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

SOSSOS wrote:
<quoted text>So if i attended then disrupted a party full of mexicans,
AND I WAS KICKED OUT AFTER GETTING TO ROWDY,
THEN I DECIDED TO VANDALIZE THEIR HOUSE BECAUSE OF THE SOLE FACT THAT I WAS KICKED OUT.
IS THAT A HATE CRIME TOWARDS MEXICANS?
Like Nomi said before. It wasn't out of love. Another word for hate is hostility. So he was being hostile. And he commited a crime. So yes, it was a form of hate crime. He was getting revenge. Your just trivialing it.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

My opinion would be he was causing a disruption of some kind. Noone would be asked to leave otherwise.
hollieberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Nomi,
SOSSOS

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

BlackVelvet wrote:
<quoted text>Like Nomi said before. It wasn't out of love. Another word for hate is hostility. So he was being hostile. And he commited a crime. So yes, it was a form of hate crime. He was getting revenge. Your just trivialing it.
So,

THAT WOULD MEAN THAT EVERY SINGLE ACT OF VIOENCE THAT IS "HOSTILE"
IS A HATE CRIME?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH!!! !!!!!!!

I MAN RAPING A WOMEN IS A HATE CRIME?

AN ARMED ROBERY IS A HATE CRIME?

A CAR JACKING IS A HATE CRIME?

EVERY SINGLE VIOLENT ACT IS "HOSTILE"
THEREFORE
QUALIFYING EVERY SINGLE ACT AS A HATE CRIME

IN YOUR EYES.

"getting revenge"

IF ONE IS TO GET REVENGE IS IT ALWAYS A HATE CRIME?

EXAMPLE:

MY BOSS DOES NOT GIVE ME MY PAYCHECK SO VANDALIZE HIS PROPERTY.

IS THIS A "HATE CRIME"?

IF SO THEN A HATE CRIME CAN BE

ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!

NINCOMPOOP.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stony Brook Discussions

Search the Stony Brook Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 30 min GodsLovestheBestLove 115,096
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) 1 hr Georgia 1,317
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Fox News Zombie 6,353
Police raid Napper Tandy's pub in Miller Place (Jun '07) 15 hr sals little sister 129
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Thu Steve Douchy 6,364
The Waterfalls (Jun '08) Thu Tom 86
Trial begins in Coram chopped-up bodies case (Nov '09) Thu Bernard colletti 49
•••
•••

Stony Brook News Video

•••
Stony Brook Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Stony Brook Jobs

•••