Why does Clarksburg hate Bridgeport

Why does Clarksburg hate Bridgeport

Posted in the Stonewood Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Absolute truthe

Fairmont, WV

#1 May 4, 2012
Okay, I have seen so many post on here bashing Bridgeport. In the Sheriff post it seems to be a recurring issue that Lowell J. Maxey is an agent of Bridgeport. I think that it is time to finally find out just what the problem is and why people think that Bridgeport is so evil.
Let me start out with this, I AM NOT, NOR HAVE I EVER BEEN A RESIDENT OF, EMPLOYEE OF OR ANY OTHER CONNECTION TO BRIDGEPORT. I have a lot of respect for Bridgeport myself. While I see the town I grew up in, Clarksburg, dying off a little more every day, Bridgeport is growing, expanding, beautifying. I hope that this post does not turn into a political diatribe because I don't care what the controlling political party is in Bridgeport, they seem to be taking a genuine interest in the city and the citizenry of the city. Bridgeport seems to be putting forth the effort to apply for grants and budgetting funds to make sure that their town continues to grow and be prosperous. Why are the businesses choosing to move into Bridgeport, why is it when a major company decides they are going to move into the area they go to Bridgeport, why is it that when a baseball team decides that they are going to move a farm league into the area they go to Bridgeport? The answer is simple people, Bridgeport actually takes a real interest in it's well being AND IT SHOWS. It is only natural that if I am going to be moving a multi million dollar investment into the area I am obviously going to be looking to move it into an area that is going to attract the customer base. Now I can move my company into Clarksburg that when you drive through it and see empty crumbling buildings with peeling paint and scum sitting on the court house plaza just gives you a view of a dying, dirty town that does not give a person a secure feeling, or I can move my company to Bridgeport that when you drive through it you see a vibrant,growing city that does not have vagrants sitting around. There is an appearance of prosperity and safety in Bridgeport. My customers can look around and believe that a company based in such a location is also concerned with growth and prosperity. Time to stop hating people and take a lesson from Bridgeport, start putting people in power who have a genuine concern for the city and who will help it grow and make it a place that people and businesses want to come back too. Again, not a political ploy, I don't care democrat or republican, just make them someone who is concerned with making the city better and thereby making the citizens happier and safer.
Cole

Morgantown, WV

#2 May 4, 2012
WOW!
I bet u have nothing else to o but start trouble.

“stop it...you're embarrassing ”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3 May 4, 2012
I have to agree, Clarksburg sucks & I have lived here all my life. However, I know nothing about Bridgeport. The closest I get to Bport is Wal-mart and UHC, I go there maybe once every 6 months. I have not been to the mall since Jurassic Park was in the theater, the only resturant I will eat at in bport is El Ricon and I haven't even been there in over a year.
1 post removed
great places

AOL

#5 May 4, 2012
Born in Clarksburg and lived there to age 8 (Alta Vista), grew up in Bridgeport until age 23 (BHS grad), lived in Fairmont for past 30 years (Fairmont State grad). I love all 3 towns.
Larry

Fairmont, WV

#6 May 4, 2012
Hate.... really !
Beavis

Clarksburg, WV

#7 May 4, 2012
AriesBratt wrote:
I have to agree, Clarksburg sucks & I have lived here all my life. However, I know nothing about Bridgeport. The closest I get to Bport is Wal-mart and UHC, I go there maybe once every 6 months. I have not been to the mall since Jurassic Park was in the theater, the only resturant I will eat at in bport is El Ricon and I haven't even been there in over a year.
You need to get out more.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8 May 5, 2012
I think people in Clarksburg get treated like shit by people from Bridgeport starting in High School with sports. They are stuck up and obnoxious. They are good at sports obviously. But they are dicks about it. For example last season Bridgeport hung like a 70 some point game on RCB. The people that played in that game and the people that sat in the stands that day will hate them forever. That is where it starts....

You name the situation, they just think they are better than us. Obviously they are where the rich people live right now but I got a news flash for you. Those people keep moving! All of bridgeport is not like wonder world. The hip area is now white oaks, if you live in downtown bridgeport or around the Johnson ave area, you are about to start to see what it feels like to get treated that way, because the cool people have moved. You may still think you are hip, but your not. The hip people are going that direction.

“stop it...you're embarrassing ”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#9 May 5, 2012
Imprtbrb wrote:
El rincon is in Bridgeport??? thought that was the burg
No, everything on that side of Lodgeville is Bridgeport.
ken

Fairmont, WV

#10 May 5, 2012
well the doctors : are moving to the new UHC area

“stop it...you're embarrassing ”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#11 May 5, 2012
Beavis wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get out more.
Haha
Absolute Truthe

Fairmont, WV

#12 May 5, 2012
I agree with you about the sports attitude in Bridgeport but the snootiness is pretty evident here in Clarksburg too among those who have money. Granted, since there are more wealthy people in Bridgeport you see it more there. Not everyone who is rich is obnoxious, I have found that to be predominate more among the ones who got rich by having it handed to them rather than the ones who worked for it. It is human nature though for those who are better off to look down a bit on those who are below them in the "social ladder"i don't agree with it but you see it world wide. Everyone of us given the means and opportunity will choose a nicer place over a less nice place. It is what drives the American dream to improve ourselves and our lot in life.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#13 May 6, 2012
Absolute Truthe wrote:
I agree with you about the sports attitude in Bridgeport but the snootiness is pretty evident here in Clarksburg too among those who have money. Granted, since there are more wealthy people in Bridgeport you see it more there. Not everyone who is rich is obnoxious, I have found that to be predominate more among the ones who got rich by having it handed to them rather than the ones who worked for it. It is human nature though for those who are better off to look down a bit on those who are below them in the "social ladder"i don't agree with it but you see it world wide. Everyone of us given the means and opportunity will choose a nicer place over a less nice place. It is what drives the American dream to improve ourselves and our lot in life.
I agree with you for once...
Save our children

Salem, WV

#14 May 6, 2012
I have attended cheering and dance line competitions for years. It is obvious which children are "privileged " and had the opportunity to take dance, or cheer lessons. Or could afford more expensive dress ware. I do not blame the children because they are children. Girls that are involved in this activities are SUPPOSE TO BE HAVING FUN!
Instead their coaches are making them practice and practice and taking all " the fun " out of it. And YELLING, and pushing them , to the point it is awful, or the child gets hurt.
There is so much stress the "adult" world that really they should concentrate on had some fun.
The attitude when Bridgeport walks on the floor is sicken ! Spirit and leadership , fun are not shown ! Just tears and hurt feeling to the team that doesn't win.
I suggest that they stop the "competitions" and just have a performances.
Really, does a "trophy" make u a better PERSON !
That was then

Clarksburg, WV

#15 May 6, 2012
Actually, I think you mean Charles Pointe, White Oaks is only business complexes. I am confused by your term "rich people" The Median income for Bridgeport is $68,500.00, that is hardly "rich" in my book. I think your perception of "rich" and "priorities" is confused. Many people would rather drive a piece of crap car, not afford furniture and sink every penny they have into their house just to live in Bridgeport, this is a priority. And if your perception of those people is they are "rich" then you need to reevaluate your standard of values and living. The median income for Clarksburg is $35,000.00, Stonewood is $40,000.00 and Nutter Fort is $29,000.00. Any of these incomes can purchase a house in Bridgeport and do.
duh

United States

#16 May 6, 2012
I don't think its as much as people in Clarksburg as much as the county commission
1 post removed

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#18 May 6, 2012
That was then wrote:
Actually, I think you mean Charles Pointe, White Oaks is only business complexes. I am confused by your term "rich people" The Median income for Bridgeport is $68,500.00, that is hardly "rich" in my book. I think your perception of "rich" and "priorities" is confused. Many people would rather drive a piece of crap car, not afford furniture and sink every penny they have into their house just to live in Bridgeport, this is a priority. And if your perception of those people is they are "rich" then you need to reevaluate your standard of values and living. The median income for Clarksburg is $35,000.00, Stonewood is $40,000.00 and Nutter Fort is $29,000.00. Any of these incomes can purchase a house in Bridgeport and do.
The fact that it is your "priority" to live in Bridgeport tells the whole story. I hate you guys.
Bridgeport resident

Clarksburg, WV

#19 May 6, 2012
Razor1979 wrote:
I think people in Clarksburg get treated like shit by people from Bridgeport starting in High School with sports. They are stuck up and obnoxious. They are good at sports obviously. But they are dicks about it. For example last season Bridgeport hung like a 70 some point game on RCB. The people that played in that game and the people that sat in the stands that day will hate them forever. That is where it starts....
You name the situation, they just think they are better than us. Obviously they are where the rich people live right now but I got a news flash for you. Those people keep moving! All of bridgeport is not like wonder world. The hip area is now white oaks, if you live in downtown bridgeport or around the Johnson ave area, you are about to start to see what it feels like to get treated that way, because the cool people have moved. You may still think you are hip, but your not. The hip people are going that direction.
You are as ignorant on this post as you are on all the others. White Oaks is business development entirely. The nearest homes are older homes; on the road between 279 and Saltwell Road, below the fire station.(not even in the city) Charles Pointe is all townhomes and some are not that nice. You need to get out more!!!!! Who are the "hip" people?
That was then

Clarksburg, WV

#20 May 7, 2012
Bridgeport resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as ignorant on this post as you are on all the others. White Oaks is business development entirely. The nearest homes are older homes; on the road between 279 and Saltwell Road, below the fire station.(not even in the city) Charles Pointe is all townhomes and some are not that nice. You need to get out more!!!!! Who are the "hip" people?
Ignorant indeed!! I guess he is not a "hip" person, so he hates people who work hard, maintain their property and demand that their city enforce all codes so the properties do not become slum streets! I guess he really must hate that Bridgeport is so progressive and keeps building and building and growing and growing! The funniest thing is, I don't even live in Bridgeport! But all he gets out of anything is hate. That is what happens when your ego surpasses your checking account balance.
Love

Fairmont, WV

#21 May 7, 2012
Hate.... that is a strong word !

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#22 May 7, 2012
The Attitude. Jesus im sorry I called it the wrong name.

I wonder why the county commish. Hates bport? They don't play by the same rules as the other cities. Yay homerule!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stonewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HCSD detains individuals possibly connected to ... 3 min Jaymere baby mama 7
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 4 min Mr DlCK pic 4,017
Who will replace Ron Watson 15 min casual observer 28
Clarksburg man gets 10 years for robbery 16 min The Lawman 7
Armed robbery on route 50 32 min Barbie 6
West Virginia State Trooper Corporal David Fry... 33 min praying 3
Rude 51 min Beavis 29

Stonewood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stonewood Mortgages