Review: Rascal's Grill & Pub

Posted in the Stone Ridge Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
everyoneinnewpal tz

Hurleyville, NY

#1 Nov 29, 2008
the toscanis are horrible people who do not deserve your business.
Review

Monticello, NY

#2 Dec 3, 2008
That doesn't sound like a review, it sounds like you know the owners and you don't like them. Maybe you work in the restaurant and you're not happy.
Justice

Goshen, NY

#3 Dec 23, 2008
everyoneinnewpal tz is correct, and probably owed money from those rip off artists.
They will face a boycott soon, email boycotttoscani@yahoo.com for info.
Don't do business with people who rip off local residents and businesses!
Review

Newburgh, NY

#4 Dec 29, 2008
Rascals is a great place definitely a chill place and definitely the cleanest bar in New Paltz. Also be careful when reading these posts often ignorant people jump on the bandwagon and should be taken with a grain of salt.
new paltz neighbor

Ellenville, NY

#5 Jan 13, 2009
Review wrote:
Rascals is a great place definitely a chill place and definitely the cleanest bar in New Paltz. Also be careful when reading these posts often ignorant people jump on the bandwagon and should be taken with a grain of salt.
sounds like you got paid off to say something nice about Rascals, probably with money the owner owes to one of the many people he has cheated.
Carl Chambers

Ruby, NY

#6 Jan 20, 2009
I had an excellent hamburger & my friend has a fantastic prime rib at Rascal's recently. I thought the pricing was right, and the service was very much to par.
Butterfly

Goshen, NY

#7 Jan 30, 2009
Rascals is an awesome bar and the food is not bad either. Even if you don't like the owners, who by the way are not bad people, it is by far the hottest bar in that town. By trashing the place you are also trashing the people who work there and are trying to make a living. Don't be prejudice and ignorant you never know who you are hurting. I say good luck to the Toscani's I hope they turn the place into gold.
WhiteBelly

Brookside, NJ

#8 Feb 11, 2009
Well what would you expect with a name like "Rascal's"?
beenthere

Somers, NY

#9 Apr 3, 2009
I we went to a party hosted by the Toscani's and it was the worst party ever. We were very embarrassed and the food sucked along with the service. It was also overly expensive. So I am not rushing out to rascals (perfect name)
jojo19

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Apr 4, 2009
My girl friend worked for them and still has not been paid ! Been over a year THEY SUCK LIKE THERE FOOD!
Rescalled

New York, NY

#11 Apr 4, 2009
I got rascalled in my ass!
I went to sleep just fine, but when I woke there was a rascal up there!
worstofnewpaltz

Hurleyville, NY

#12 Apr 4, 2009
every negative thing you hear about the toscanis' is true.
and, as someone who used to wipe the slime and mold off of the food they sold in their deli, i can tell you that the food is no better than their morals.
they've already run 2 businesses in to the ground, i can only assume that this place will be next.
Ugh

New Paltz, NY

#13 Apr 20, 2009
THEY CHARGED ME FOR A CUP OF TAP WATER
A failed joke

Mahwah, NJ

#14 Jun 25, 2009
So much hype. So much talk. And yet again another failed business by Mr. Toscani. He flunked the deli because he cut back on quality and hired slobs to serve the food...(carnies at best). He bombed the Piano Bar because he hired morons to manage it who were not even suitable to manage a white castle. I would have to say the Piano Bar was the biggest screw up. For a brief moment New Paltz had a respectable and classy establishment where people could go to make friends in a nice atmosphere, listen to music that didn't consist of k104 crap and furthermore it was a place not riddled with obnoxious bar sluts and cornball guys trying to act hard when in fact they were just complete jokes. The Piano Bar was the closest thing to Manhattan this place ever had. The downfall of the Piano bar was centered primarily around the circus performer Tony who was elected to manage it. This man replaced the men who worked there to whom he found "competition" for himself with the females. He was a class act shmuck that led to the downfall of the Piano Bar.(The piss poor menu didn't help either). People come to an Italian restaurant to eat southern Italian food not norther Italian food. And now we come to Rascals. Alot of hype was around this place...afterall it was in the works for "Comming This Summer" whether they meant summer 06,07 or 08 is still a mystery. So you ask most people who go to the bar at lunch time for a drink and a burger who do they want to see behind the bar? Well Mr Toscani seems to think people want to see a fucking pro wrestler woman that resembles something of barbaric times serving you drinks. I think I would choose a good looking woman rather than Jack Grizzly...but that's just my 2 cents. Again the staff at Rascals is the contributing factor to that place sucking ass. The building itself was beautiful but that doesnt make up for Mr know it all John Bunt walking around like he is gods gift to earth and the woman of New Paltz. Oh by the way the parking lot in the back is a fucking joke too. You would see better paving work in Darfur.
worstofnewpaltz

Rhinecliff, NY

#15 Jun 27, 2009
As predicted, after a few weeks of "closed temporarily" signs in the windows, the windows of Rascal's are now soaped up as they should be.

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

That's gotta be a record...3 ruined businesses (one of which was around for 40+ years) run in to the ground within the space of a 2 years.

New Paltz loves to see you fail, Dino Toscani!
Stupid Hicks

East Northport, NY

#16 Jul 10, 2009
He wants it to fail. He is laudering money its part of a Ponzi scheme. You people are so into yourselves and the "community" that really does not exist . Thats why you live in New Paltz because reality is out of the question for you. Whatver Tostoni did he did not fail. he forgot more than all of you know. he fooled you all.now he is in the caymen islands laughing at all you dumbasses
Hillsdale NJ is a toilet

Mahwah, NJ

#17 Jul 13, 2009
I would like to know who do you think you are to come here and insult the people that live in the Hudson Valley. You live in NJ who are you to speak? Your ENTIRE state smells like a sulfer dump. Go sit in the corner and silence.
Anton Volokhov

Kerhonkson, NY

#18 Jul 15, 2009
Once again Toscani's has another failure on their hands. The infamous chain of restaurants and entrepreneurship attempts have failed miserably. As some folks have pointed out, partially due to the lack of consideration for their clients. Mostly due for their lack of spending on quality food. Once again, after trying their food I was dissappointed. I regret to say that the restaurant business is not for you my friend.

But then again, as most locals know, Dino has been laundering money for years. For those of you out of staters saying that we are blissfully unaware of this, think again, Dino managed to buy off the state troopers in the Hudson Valley with some generous "donations" to the Dept. Either way there are stories of finding bodies in his property, etc, etc. The point is we all know the restaurants are an excuse to launder money for the mafia. Don't believe me, watch closely the clients that come in. Some come casually dressed, others in nice suits with a Lincoln. Sounds funny? I thought so.
Bob the builder

Walden, NY

#19 Jul 18, 2009
I remember the specials at the deli were "Meal Worm Mondays" because there was always a good chance to find one in your meatball hero...:(
BunchofSausageSt uffers

Kingston, NY

#20 Jul 25, 2009
Only someone from Jersey would applaud someone for wanting to fail.
...And didn't even spell his name correctly.
Thanks for the laugh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stone Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KONG CORP. Issues dog toy recall Sep 29 KONG CORP 1
how to make money online (Sep '13) Sep '14 ionela 3
Review: Sarah E Rakov Sep '14 former client 1
Debate: Ferguson - New Paltz, NY Aug '14 Peter 1
Ulster County CPS in Federal Court (Sep '09) Aug '14 Gary Trieste 13
Hudson Valley Filmmaker Family Debuts Short Film Aug '14 Nichole Williams 1
cliff jumping accidents in high falls n.y. (May '09) Aug '14 rogue 30

Stone Ridge News Video

Stone Ridge Dating
Find my Match