Teen Killed in Loganville Wreck

Full story: WXIA-TV Atlanta

Police in Gwinnett County said heavy rain may be to blame for a car accident that left a teenager dead in Loganville Sunday morning.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
darby

Riverdale, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2006

my heart goes out to the family at this time.may god keep them in the palm of his hands.
brittany aplin

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2006

it makes me sad that the teenager died because he/she was so young. i mean im a freshman at chs and it breaks my heart to kno that person and what that person could have offered the world is gone. i hope the family is okay, well as ok as they can be...
Stacy Rodgers

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2006

My condolences to the family.I can't even sit here and say I understand how you feel but I once lost my boyfriend at 18 who was killed by a drunk driver so I know the pain it can cause.But one thing that can keep you going is to know that he is in a great place now with no pain.If you ever need any one to tlak to feel free to write me at Kinnabugg1106@aol.com.

Stacy
Ben Hatcher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2006

Judged:

I can only say how sorry I am for your loss. I am a 34 year old man who lost more th t the average friends and loved ones in my teen years. Four of my close friends were killed in car crashes. One of my best friends committed suicide due to one of those car crashes. I lost my girlfriend to a car crash right after she left me one fourth of a mile from our last kiss. I learned at the hospital where she died she was about two months pregnant with our child. Iwould likeo tell you with time things get better. I can not though. They only get more vague. I think about all of the friends I lost daily. The only advice I can give to you is to use this experience to honor the lost victims in what ever way you can. Use their memory to strengthen you in some way and make you stronger. Use their memory to make you appreciate things that might be taken for granted daily. Even if you can find no good in the situation at hand, there is a purpose for everything. It is your choice to use this purpose to build up or tear down. You can get through this. It is hard but it is possible. You have to to honor them. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ben
nikki ballin

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

dude omg none of yall even knew kenna.
so please dont talk like u knew her.
kenna was an amazing cheerleader.
and an amazing person.
everyone in loganville is hurting.
we all miss her so much.
and now her family especially her dad is falling apart.
everyone loved her so much.
and everytime we drive by the accident site everyone is quiet.
we all loved her so much we would give anything to have her with us today.
wat happened was she and her dad got in a fight and he told her not to leave the house but she did.
it was dark outside and raing.
kenna was minutes away from home when she swirved off the rode and hit a telephone pole and died on impact.
and now at the gym where all the cheerleaders go we all have t-shirts dedicated to kenna.
we miss her so much.
R.I.P. kenna buice

“ME DON'T NEED MENSA!”

Since: Jul 08

Jonesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Judged:

nikki ballin wrote:
dude omg none of yall even knew kenna.
so please dont talk like u knew her.
kenna was an amazing cheerleader.
and an amazing person.
everyone in loganville is hurting.
we all miss her so much.
and now her family especially her dad is falling apart.
everyone loved her so much.
and everytime we drive by the accident site everyone is quiet.
we all loved her so much we would give anything to have her with us today.
wat happened was she and her dad got in a fight and he told her not to leave the house but she did.
it was dark outside and raing.
kenna was minutes away from home when she swirved off the rode and hit a telephone pole and died on impact.
and now at the gym where all the cheerleaders go we all have t-shirts dedicated to kenna.
we miss her so much.
R.I.P. kenna buice
Can any young people see that they may not be prepared to handle vehicles in poor conditions, no training= poor skills, seen this thousands of times. Parents send your kids to advanced driving courses.
Travis Buice

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

DnaMonkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Can any young people see that they may not be prepared to handle vehicles in poor conditions, no training= poor skills, seen this thousands of times. Parents send your kids to advanced driving courses.
You've no idea what your talking about, thats my sister, and she was the best driver i knew of, she might of had a few previous wrecks but she was in the rain, control yourself jerk

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

Judged:

DnaMonkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Can any young people see that they may not be prepared to handle vehicles in poor conditions
Travis Buice wrote:
<quoted text>

You've no idea what your talking about, thats my sister, and she was the best driver i knew of, she might of had a few previous wrecks but she was in the rain, control yourself jerk
DnaMonkey, I think I would take that as "No". Parents simply do not do their job in many ways these days, but here in Georgia, training them how to drive is a major problem.
Tory One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

Judged:

Travis Buice wrote:
<quoted text>
you are one sick puppy,.........

“ME DON'T NEED MENSA!”

Jonesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

Judged:

Travis Buice wrote:
<quoted text>
Control myself...Control yourself...a few previous wrecks was what you said... What is a few?...2 or 3, maybe 5...The thing is Trav...is that you point out the obvious...maybe your sister should have had better training, she obviously had previous wrecks...and she was driving with poor skills in bad conditions...now I dont seek to hurt you are your family...But to only point out that poor skills and a deadly vehicle can add up to tragedy very easily....and by the way if she was the BEST driver you know...buy a helmet and dont ride with anyone you know!
Travis Buice

Loganville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Maybe should stop working on accidents that have already happened and look ahead to what can happen in the future, i don't want to hear that my sister was a bad driver, when she wrecked it was raining and she hyperplaned out of control, even the best of the best drivers can't prepare for a hyperplane, right?yes

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

Travis Buice wrote:
Maybe should stop working on accidents that have already happened and look ahead to what can happen in the future, i don't want to hear that my sister was a bad driver, when she wrecked it was raining and she hyperplaned out of control, even the best of the best drivers can't prepare for a hyperplane, right?yes
You are wrong. The way you prepare for hyperplaning is to drive with caution when raining. How difficult is that?
hydroplaning

Valdosta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

no you can hydroplane at 35mph. there are numerous factors that can cause a wreck. a driver can not expect or prepare for all of them. not many drivers have learned how to regain control of a vehicle once it has hyrdoplaned. it is a very bad feeling because the vehicle will jerk hard on you when you make the correction, and without experience you will most likely lose control. im lucky to have experience with purposefully hydroplaning vehicles to learn what to do in the event it happens out there on the roadway unexpectedly. and with that said, i only corrected it 70 percent of the time after receiving training. if you add speed to it that will add to your nightmare. sorry for your loss.
Jessica

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Sorry to hear about this...its horrible. Hope the family is doing good.

“ME DON'T NEED MENSA!”

Jonesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Judged:

Travis Buice wrote:
The term is HYDROPLANE, now that you have shown that you have NO knowledge of what you are talking about...It was raining and as just said when you HYDROPLANE you are driving too fast for conditions, by the way Im sure you have heard that term, anyhow, if she were better trained she would know that just 2 inches of water and speeds over 30 miles per hour can cause HYDROPLANE conditions....now you go take a class so it doesnt happen to you...because you dont even have the smarts to find out what killed your sister...or be ignorant and make another comment...

“ME DON'T NEED MENSA!”

Jonesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Judged:

hydroplaning wrote:
no you can hydroplane at 35mph. there are numerous factors that can cause a wreck. a driver can not expect or prepare for all of them. not many drivers have learned how to regain control of a vehicle once it has hyrdoplaned. it is a very bad feeling because the vehicle will jerk hard on you when you make the correction, and without experience you will most likely lose control. im lucky to have experience with purposefully hydroplaning vehicles to learn what to do in the event it happens out there on the roadway unexpectedly. and with that said, i only corrected it 70 percent of the time after receiving training. if you add speed to it that will add to your nightmare. sorry for your loss.
You are just wrong Mr Hydro...What? did you do the skidpan at GPSTC?? Well if you took basic EVOC, you were NEVER told it couldnt happen at 35mph, where did you get this incorrect information?? maybe some drivers ed class?
For the love of Jesus I hope that you are not out there driving some piece of public safety vehicle with that crap running through your head....if you are please ride alone...
Travis Buice

Loganville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Judged:

I meant hydroplaned, I'm only 14, give me a break
joe somerville

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

you are in my prayers - i know some of the pain - i lost a sister on her 18th birthday to a car accident - your child lives in heaven - she and you will be in my prayers - joe

“ME DON'T NEED MENSA!”

Jonesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Judged:

Travis Buice wrote:
I meant hydroplaned, I'm only 14, give me a break
Yea and in just a year or so YOU will be behind the wheel...so no Im not going to give you a break...learn what hydroplaning is! Take an advanced driving class, learn from your sister...lots of people die from poor training and skills...dont be afraid to learn
Kirsten Elder

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

SHUTTT UPP ABOUT KENNAA,
she was my sisterss BESTT FRiENDD!

she was always at my housse,
even though its been foreverr.

ripp<$$

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stone Mountain Discussions

Search the Stone Mountain Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 13 min rename 49,233
Review: Precise Tours - Precisetours.com Jul 18 Eduardo 4
Lonlee.Bayb is a fake!!! Jul 17 Lonlee is a fake 2
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
ConFunkshun drummer Louis McCall (Jan '07) Jun 28 Kay Perry 27
Laser show music too loud Jun '14 Turn it down 1
whos better undertaker or the rock (Aug '09) May '14 Dan 7
•••
•••

Stone Mountain News Video

•••
•••

Stone Mountain Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••